Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to New Jersey: check this video OUT! Opinions?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Welcome to New Jersey: check this video OUT! Opinions?

@Dia bando @Andre @Spicoli @Bill Paxtom @p4pking @walrus @TitoFan @greynotsoold @Dark Lord Al

this stuff goes down every DAY in my home state. Do you defend the cop's actions? The passenger in the car had just served 13 years in prison for firing on police officers in New Jersey in 2002. Since he was out, he had been arrested again on some minor drug charge. Could the cops have used a taser? There was a silver gun in the glove compartment and another on the dashboard that the cop saw apparently. WHAT WOULD/SHOULD A COP HAVE DONE? It is a sad case either way you slice it.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=n32bwzcWk1I

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Welcome to New Jersey: check this video OUT! Opinions?

Wonder if there will be a riot over a black cop shooting a black guy?
    I wonder at what point they knew he had shot at police before? My friend that was killed by police in 2013 had shot it out with them 30 years before; they would regularly say that someday they would kill him. Another friend was killed by police in 2000. He was running and they shot him off a roof, which was justified because they found a gun in his car 4 blocks away.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't have any fucks to give to guys who fuck around with the police like that, especially when they have a gun within arm's reach.

Driver played it right: put your fucking hands out the window.
    Last edited by Beanflicker; 01-22-2015 at 08:41 PM.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

El Kabong Guest

How is it so difficult to follow instructions? You put your hands in plain view, you answer clearly, and if you even think for 1 split second that you are in legal trouble just say "I refuse to answer questions before I speak to my attorney" and just be polite....how difficult is that?

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    How is it so difficult to follow instructions? You put your hands in plain view, you answer clearly, and if you even think for 1 split second that you are in legal trouble just say "I refuse to answer questions before I speak to my attorney" and just be polite....how difficult is that?
    must be damn difficult.

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This one happened in Billings last year. They were looking for that guy pretty tough- he was on a bit of a spree. They had had something like 60 calls about him in a month, and he (the guy that got shot) had shot somebody either the day before or earlier that day.
    Youtube : Dashboard video: Billings police shooting

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Do they believe in street lights in N.J If I'm a cop there I install flood lights on my roof.

Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Again was the guy in the passenger seat stupid, the driver done as he was told were the passenger
    had a problem with simple orders,! and ended up getting shot.
    I can't for the life of me understand when your told by someone with a gun, which he is pointing at
    you to do as you are TOLD.
    You have to be a idiot what more can I say.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

its terrible though. god help us all.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Son of a notch. Seriously, what if they pull over someone and the passenger has Parkinson's and keeps twitching around and can't follow directions. What if a passenger is deaf and is reaching for his id or something. Are they justified shootings. I understand the cop is fearful for his life and not following directions from a police officer is something I wouldn't do but to shoot someone for not following directions seems extreme. If they continue to consider every police shooting of an unarmed suspect justified it is giving cops carte Blanche, I'm not necessarily talking about just these two examples but in general it seems most cases of police shooting unarmed suspects are justified

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In the Billings shooting, the video apparently goes on to show the cop break down crying and hyperventilating. He said he thought the guy had a gun down by his left leg. The same officer had killed somebody else a year or so previous. In that case the guy pointed what turned out to be a pellet gun at the cop.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by greynotsoold View Post
    In the Billings shooting, the video apparently goes on to show the cop break down crying and hyperventilating. He said he thought the guy had a gun down by his left leg. The same officer had killed somebody else a year or so previous. In that case the guy pointed what turned out to be a pellet gun at the cop.
    well, the pellet gun incident I can see. Not that I'm for cops shooting anyone but if you have a weapon pointed at you if you take too long to determine its type you could be dead. Cases where kids pointed toy guns at kids are tragic all around. I don't have the answers but these cops should be held accountable in more of these cases to keep them on the reigns.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[QUOTE=walrus;1298649]
    I don't have the answers
    I do: have the media and figure heads (including the president and the mayor of New York) spend less energy peddling anti-police rhetoric about the police being a bunch of crazy, racist gun slingers, and use that energy to educate citizens on the correct way to deal with police.

Know your rights, be polite, comply with what the officers tell you. It's that simple. You don't get to make your own rules when a cop has stopped your or is arresting you. You don't get to decide if you're going to be arrested or not. If you're being unfairly treated by the police, comply and then sue and get a nice fat settlement from the city afterwards. Nobody has ever argued their way out of an arrest, and nobody has ever made their situation better by resisting or disobeying orders. Cops have a dangerous, shitty job and it's become even more dangerous and shitty for them over the last year with all the negative press they got. Make it easy on them, make it easy on yourself.

That's the answer. Problem is it's not the answer most people want.

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[QUOTE=Beanflicker;1298667]
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    I don't have the answers
    I do: have the media and figure heads (including the president and the mayor of New York) spend less energy peddling anti-police rhetoric about the police being a bunch of crazy, racist gun slingers, and use that energy to educate citizens on the correct way to deal with police.

Know your rights, be polite, comply with what the officers tell you. It's that simple. You don't get to make your own rules when a cop has stopped your or is arresting you. You don't get to decide if you're going to be arrested or not. If you're being unfairly treated by the police, comply and then sue and get a nice fat settlement from the city afterwards. Nobody has ever argued their way out of an arrest, and nobody has ever made their situation better by resisting or disobeying orders. Cops have a dangerous, shitty job and it's become even more dangerous and shitty for them over the last year with all the negative press they got. Make it easy on them, make it easy on yourself.

I didn't say that.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[QUOTE=greynotsoold;1298672]
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    I don't have the answers

I didn't say that.
    Don't make it about you, man. It's about the kids!

Thread Information