Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Drugs in boxing

With in a space of a week two fighters have proven positive for PHDs's , what makes it worse they were
    fighters at the top of there game one current World champion and one former one.
    I find it very hard for theses fighters to believe that pleading total ignorantness's, justified there the result
    of a positive test.
    When I watch boxing I want to see to fit natural boxer's fight, not Sted head induced fuck in idiots there
    is a positive to boxers being tested if you cheat you will be caught.
    I no I will upset a lot of you but the taking PHD's is rife in MMA, you only have to look at body mass there are many tell-tail signs, I don't want boxing to go the same way, Boxing is called the noble art let's hope it can be noble not full of cheat's.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You're wishing for a clean sport but will you like the results? A lot of your favourite athletes probably wouldn't have been as good without PED's and that's the harsh reality of it when you get to the elite level. The million dollar paydays or becoming fodder for the big boys? Which do you choose?

I mean look at the huge list of elite fighters that have been caught...

James Toney
    Roy Jones Jr
    Fernando Vargas
    Andre Berto
    Lamont Peterson
    Shane Mosley
    Evander Holyfield

the list goes on and on. Are we seriously still burying our head in the sand and expecting that MOST fighters are clean? It's crazy.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Drugs in boxing

Quote Originally Posted by Althugz View Post
    You're wishing for a clean sport but will you like the results? A lot of your favourite athletes probably wouldn't have been as good without PED's and that's the harsh reality of it when you get to the elite level. The million dollar paydays or becoming fodder for the big boys? Which do you choose?

James Toney
    Roy Jones Jr
    Fernando Vargas
    Andre Berto
    Lamont Peterson
    Shane Mosley
    Evander Holyfield

the list goes on and on. Are we seriously still burying our head in the sand and expecting that MOST fighters are clean? It's crazy.
    You're 100% correct.

Add to that list Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. and Omar Nino Romero. Boxing needs to be honest with itself and take the forefront with testing.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Unhappy Re: Drugs in boxing

James Toney
    Roy Jones Jr
    Fernando Vargas
    Andre Berto
    Lamont Peterson
    Shane Mosley
    Evander Holyfield

I don't live in La La land , but if these's tests are finding the cheats good I and other people don't want boxing to become sted head heaven. I never look at the World through rose tinted glasses, when
    you see 350 pound monsters walking round and they tell you they are natural bollocks.
    I know lot's of pro athletes Rugby players boxers wrestlers etc I'm under no illusions there is a saying
    you can't bullshit a bullshitter my friend. When you get caught using Ped's your just cheating your self
    and your fan's to boot, I no it's going on but I don't have to agree with it.
    Last edited by Dia bando; 05-19-2012 at 04:15 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post

James Toney
    Roy Jones Jr
    Fernando Vargas
    Andre Berto
    Lamont Peterson
    Shane Mosley
    Evander Holyfield

I don't live in La La land , but if these's tests are finding the cheats good I and other people don't want boxing to become sted head heaven. I never look at the World through rose tinted glasses, when
    you see 350 pound monsters walking round and they tell you they are natural bollocks.
    I know lot's of pro athletes Rugby players boxers wrestlers etc I'm under no illusions there is a saying
    you can't bullshit a bullshitter my friend. When you get caught using PHD's your just cheating your self
    I know, I'm not saying you or anyone else has to like it or that anybody is wrong - In fact, most people don't like it obviously judging from the responses.

I'm just wondering whether you or anyone else would ACTUALLY like the sport cleaned up? I think you like the idea of it cleaned up like everybody does, but would that reduce the pace of fights? Would it reduce punching power? Would it mean fighters fight EVEN LESS often?? (Because you better believe that PED's help recovery) Would it mean your favourite fighters run out of gas early? Would it mean your favourite fighter would have never even existed and fallen short at world level?

Cleaning up the sport could be the very thing that goes ahead and kills it.

I'm not saying you're wrong or right..I don't even really know how I feel about the matter but it is definitely food for thought.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

James Toney
    Roy Jones Jr
    Fernando Vargas
    Andre Berto
    Lamont Peterson
    Shane Mosley
    Evander Holyfield

you can't bullshit a bullshitter my friend. When you get caught using PHD's your just cheating your self
    I know, I'm not saying you or anyone else has to like it or that anybody is wrong - In fact, most people don't like it obviously judging from the responses.

I'm just wondering whether you or anyone else would ACTUALLY like the sport cleaned up? I think you like the idea of it cleaned up like everybody does, but would that reduce the pace of fights? Would it reduce punching power? Would it mean fighters fight EVEN LESS often?? (Because you better believe that PED's help recovery) Would it mean your favourite fighters run out of gas early? Would it mean your favourite fighter would have never even existed and fallen short at world level?

Cleaning up the sport could be the very thing that goes ahead and kills it.

I'm not saying you're wrong or right..I don't even really know how I feel about the matter but it is definitely food for thought.
    I get your point, the thing is taking Ped's you would still not have a level playing field, because you would have one man able to have ever Phd's available, that suit's his needs and the other not having
    all Ped's.So what it come's down to fitness out of a bottle ok for some but not for me.
    Last edited by Dia bando; 05-19-2012 at 04:15 PM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

PEDs Dia

Short for - Performance Enhancing Drugs

They're rampant in all sports and easy to hide from boxing's extremely weak testing.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB View Post
    PEDs Dia

They're rampant in all sports and easy to hide from boxing's extremely weak testing.
    Brains not working

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB View Post
    PEDs Dia

Brains not working

Well at least we know someone isnt using a PHD

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I always thought it was crazy how the Klitschkos got away with it while other fighters never finished high school.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In seriousness, I think Althugz is bang on here. I'd even go as far as to say fighters should be able to put it into the contracts that they can use whatever they please and just say to hell with the comissions. It's essentially safer than what occurs anyways; if two fighters agree to face each other knowing damn well they won't get caught for using something, where is the incentive to be clean? The idea of one person not using drugs in preparing to fight someone who clearly is but won't have to answer for it is ridiculous.
    As paying customers we are now entitled to see the best athletes which science can produce! Viva la revolution!!!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The more receptor sites an athlete has, the more they will excell from a ped. You don't know who on drugs or aren't. So just beacause joe blow takes it doesn't mean he will be a champion. You still have to train. The training still hurts. With the ped, the training doesn't stay in your system. You recover so you can go though the pain again.

Once you get to that level your lively hood depends on performance. Either perform or get da fuc out.

People don't wanna see slow track meets, pop flies, and 12 round boring fights. They want speed, big hits and koes.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Some top fighters are clean. Not all boxers use PED's. That's like saying all ballplayers use PED's. It's not true, although it may seem like it.

That is all.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Some top fighters are clean. Not all boxers use PED's. That's like saying all ballplayers use PED's. It's not true, although it may seem like it.

That is all.
    I can't prove my statement any more than you can prove yours.

MOST elite guys have a strength conditioning coach these days..any of these worth their salt will have knowledge of PED's..

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

That is all.
    I can't prove my statement any more than you can prove yours.

MOST elite guys have a strength conditioning coach these days..any of these worth their salt will have knowledge of PED's..
    You can't say ever one in boxing is using PED's I no plenty that are not to some people PED's are away of life body building remember one thing my friend in boxing you can be as strong as a bull.
    PED's will not make that chin stronger, you get hit right down you go like a sack of shit no PED's on Earth will help you then.

Thread Information