Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default woods v johnson

who did u think won?

i thought it was a close fight i had a draw

what use think?

ICB Guest

Default Re: woods v johnson

woods he showed he wanted it more by winning championship rounds woods by 2 rounds

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had Woods by 1 round 115-114, basically Johnson blew it, gased after the big 9th round, i think Tarver would beat Woods, Calzaghe should be looking for Jermaine Taylor, Winky Wright and Kessler rather then Clinton Woods, Woods needs to try and become number 1 at 175.

ICB Guest

jermain taylor and wright isnt going move up yet still got unfinished buisness and people keep saying calzaghe should look for him and him ect why dont others look for calzaghe ??

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Johnson won, the same as he did the previous 2.

I think Woods got credit for 'hanging in there' with Johnson, the same way Peter got credit for 'boxing' Toney.

It's like, yeah these guys did well against superior opposition but they didn't win the damn fights!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    jermain taylor and wright isnt going move up yet still got unfinished buisness and people keep saying calzaghe should look for him and him ect why dont others look for calzaghe ??
    Taylor and Winky bring much more money to the table than Calzaghe, there the HBO boys, like it or not it's true, if Calzaghe wants to go down as a great he needs to start making some sacrifices like coming out of his own backyard and going to fight in the States, maybe they wont be moving up just yet, but Winky is more than willing to fight Calzaghe he has said it on numerous occasions, a fight with Woods is not the worst match up but Calzaghe is on another level to Woods who is an ok Champion in quite a week division.

Alos Bilbo, i think Johnson defintly won his rounds much more convincingly than Woods but like i said did nothing in the last three rounds which basically cost him the fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

close close fight... If Glenco coulda pulled some energy out of his ass the last 3 rounds and showed something, I think he would have easily won the fight. I still think he did enough to win, but I can't argue with the outcome.

Warriors is big into this protest for the corner getting onto the 'apron'.
    On TV all you see is the ref looking in the corner yelling "get down, get out!". According to IBF rules that if any corner gets on the apron the boxer should be disqualified. I think forcing a rematch would be fair and I for one would be behind another fight.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had Johnson a round ahead after 9, but gave Woods the last 3 rounds to win 115-113, I would not have had any problem with a draw though.

Really good fight
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pantera
    close close fight... If Glenco coulda pulled some energy out of his ass the last 3 rounds and showed something, I think he would have easily won the fight. I still think he did enough to win, but I can't argue with the outcome.

Warriors is big into this protest for the corner getting onto the 'apron'.
    On TV all you see is the ref looking in the corner yelling "get down, get out!". According to IBF rules that if any corner gets on the apron the boxer should be disqualified. I think forcing a rematch would be fair and I for one would be behind another fight.
    For an incident that was so trivial it didn't even warrant a mention from the commentators, had absolutely no affect on the two fighters, or the outcome of the fight, it'll be pathetic if anything comes of the complaint.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Thread Information