Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default A open letter for gary shaw

To mr.shaw,
    i would like to congratulate you for a job well done pertaining to vic's career and to vic too, winning his last 4 fights against top notch caliber. vic really is an exciting fighter no doubt, and those fights with kirilov, gorres, mijares, and arce are really dream fights for fans. still, like a volcano ready to erupt, i can't help but air my disappointment when looking to those fights and ask myself repeatedly: "what if"?
    i hope you're already getting to my point. everyone in the boxing community knew that you and nonito were former partners in the boxing business, you being his former promoter, before you jumped boat to another guy, ironically to the man your former guy beat and dominated. why? as of now, all i can think of are opportunities lost and fights that could have materialized, if ever,for the fighter who most deserved it in my eyes: which is nonito.
    it is not a secret that you and nonito had some differences that resulted to your breakup with him. to whom between the two of you should be blamed for is not anymore my concern, and i clearly understand that shit happens to everyone even to family members. it happens to me most of the time, believe me.
    but there's just one question that still lingers in my head: as a man who knew his fighters by heart like a father to a son, when nonito asked vic for a rematch after his victory over martinez you turned him down saying nonito won't be getting his hands on vic coz you want to teach him a lesson, something to that line. why? again, it ain't my concern but: does nonito really deserve all of this? and is it all business that you see vic more marketable and exciting that's why you switched sides? add to the fact that that's after vic's devastating loss to your former guy. i know it's all past now, but this series of events accumulated had forced me to write this letter.
    whatever the reason of your hatred, please, if you can, my first plea is can you clear this all up to me and for the boxing fans as well? coz all i see really is a betrayal. you can call me a blind bias donaire fan. but switching sides, having vic's career zoom up with those elite fights when it could have been nonito, turning down nonito's challenge for a rematch that's too much. the question that really arises, again,does donaire deserve all of this? does the boxing fans who wants to see great fights deserve this?
    yep, i know you're just protecting your fighter and that's part of the business, unfortunately that's also an admittance that nonito is a risk worth not taking. that equates to nonito being the better man for me in my opinion and stylistically, most claim that nonito really is a nightmare match up for vic. would you agree on that, mr.shaw? would you agree that nonito really is the better man?
    of course not. this is business. anyone stupid enough to admit the oher guy is better than his own man can leave this town and make his own. but that's the way i see it (nonito as the better man), and that's the way the ring mag see it that's why nonito is above darch in the rankings and that's the way most fans see it. the only remedy for this (and if you don't agree that donaire really is the better man)is a rematch coz ultimately, "your boy" has a score to settle with donaire. my second plea mr. shaw: let donaire vs darchinyan 2 happen! that's the way i want it, that's the way ring mag wants it, and that's the way everyone wants it.

coz, all i hear nowadays is vic going up to 118 pnds. vic making those ridiculous, out of this world challenges to odlh or pac as if those fights ever gonna materialize coz believe me it won't. if some consider pac vs hoya as a circus show before, then you might as well consider vic vs hoya or vic vs pac as a flea circus show and that's worst. no one wants to be laughed at mr.shaw if this is indeed one of your team's plans, not mr. hoya and definitely not mr. pacqiuao, though they met in their own circus, they definitely pulled it off. and not to hurt your boy's feelings, i guess vic's the one that's already been laughed at particularly by the media.
    but on the otherhand, what pisses me off, aside from vic giving threats to arum that he would wipe out all his top aces in top rank (mind your boy this is not wwe), is him saying that nonito shouldn't be called the "filipino flash" but the "filipino fraud" after nonito defended his title very recently against raul martinez at the philippines. it seems your boy forgotten the tune "enter the sandman" running on to his ears that fateful day of july 7 07' after nonito gave that blueprint lefthook on to his "bloated head" for everyone to follow.
    anyways why did'nt he said that remark to nonito's face when a reporter interviewed him there and then in the very ring where he got ko'ed while he was reluctant to be mobbed by the media and i bet still woozy and shellshocked of what had happened? the reporter asked nonito first "are you willing to give vic a rematch?" he said yes. and you know what your "boy" said? do i have to post it anyways, mr.shaw? though i think it's more clear to me who is the more fraud of the two, really.
    but let's get to the present, mr.shaw. vic did say on that post-martinez victory by nonito, after calling him a fraud,that he is willing to give nonito a rematch anyways. is this really true? then why is he getting up to 118 fighting agbeko? i say let vic stay finally on the 118 divison and wait for donaire. i don't want to see donaire chasing vic, first at the 115 pnds and now at the 118 pnds. i, for one, think that nonito deserve those 3 belts that your boy vic got from mijares and kirilov, anyways. he is, until we don't see nonito vs vic at 118 pnds.the better man.
    iv'e seen nonito in and out of the ring and he is a honest, down to earth person. i don't know why you hated him that much.even if you have differences bussines wise or whatever, all i can think of is you just wanted to protect vic pretty obviously coz that type of "rejection" ain't basis enough for mishandling his career, switching sides and turning down his challenge to vic.

no more cat and mouse games. stay on that 118 division and forgive me with this words, don't run. why not let vic fight nonito finally like pac did to jmm coz until then in my eyes and in the eyes of some: nonito is still the better man even if vic has the better resume: just look at the p4p rankings. plus, he was once your boy too, give him a chance to fight vic coz from what i've seen he ain't that bad to disregard but only too risky. as for now i have to end this letter so thanks for reading this if ever you did.

m_t

p.s. i hate to see vic going up again to 122 in case nonito is going up 118 but for now i know nonito is scheduled to fight cazares for vic's "leftovers." let vic finally settle there coz i have a haunch donaiire's going up 118. with him having weight problems at 115pnds. recently for all i know.

don't let us boxing fans down.
    Last edited by mad_takamura; 06-19-2009 at 12:14 AM.

Thread Information