Thread: What did you get for Christmas?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What did you get for Christmas?

Birthday/Christmas gift = Samsung Galaxy Note 4 - love it!
    "A good stickgrappler has good stick skills, good grappling, & good stickgrappling & can keep track of all 3 simultaneously. This is a good trick & can be quite effective." - Marc 'Crafty Dog' Denny

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm into magic so I got a few magic gizmos, one which will allow me to float a ring or playing card in midair and have it spin around. It's a lovely effect that always leaves my audience baffled. I also got a rising card effect, a spectator picks a card out of the deck, puts it back anywhere in the deck and with hands off the deck I can have the selected card rise out of the deck. I already have a number of ways to perform this one but I always like to try something new. Got a couple of other odds and ends but the magic is the most interesting to me.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    . Alien: Isolation if it's there. Will have to see. Bloody Christmas.
    Alien isolation is not bad at all but I would say not great either, i need to finish it, it can be amazingly frustrating which is why I haven't played it for a few weeks.. it depends what you like really, it is a rather cinematic game and the gameplay is mostly sneaking if you like that then you will love the game.. I am diabolical in sneaking games so for me i love and hate it :S...... it looks good and the it is a nice story but the gameplay annoys me.. Closest game i would say it is like is siren blood curse , which is a real survival horror game , you cant fight back in that one :S....

So i'd say if you're a fan of sneaking and like alien the original film over aliens you will like the game :S if not errrr I don't know.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Turns out a bonus showed up on my desk. In the form of taxed company income check. After 15 yrs straight cash would be doable in my opinion

@Andre you're a helluva lot smother than me. I lost her at "do you prefer silk or cotton to cover a kingsize" Simple enough question, I didn't get the whole over reaction. But the sheets are great

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Turns out a bonus showed up on my desk. In the form of taxed company income check. After 15 yrs straight cash would be doable in my opinion
    the bloody canuck tax man caught up with me this year, I got a tax bill for 730 dollars a week before christmas, not that I mind it gave me an excuse for being the cheapskate who buys now presents that I actually am!

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    . Alien: Isolation if it's there. Will have to see. Bloody Christmas.
    Alien isolation is not bad at all but I would say not great either, i need to finish it, it can be amazingly frustrating which is why I haven't played it for a few weeks.. it depends what you like really, it is a rather cinematic game and the gameplay is mostly sneaking if you like that then you will love the game.. I am diabolical in sneaking games so for me i love and hate it :S...... it looks good and the it is a nice story but the gameplay annoys me.. Closest game i would say it is like is siren blood curse , which is a real survival horror game , you cant fight back in that one :S....

So i'd say if you're a fan of sneaking and like alien the original film over aliens you will like the game :S if not errrr I don't know.
    Ta for the comments. I like the first Alien film a lot and like the idea of a suspenseful, spooky, horror type game. I've done a lot of mass shooting stuff and I just want to do something a bit different. I guess if I wanted something different I could always have picked up Farming Simulator. Has anyone seen that game? It is one of the most bizarre things I have ever seen, an actual farming simulator. Not much shooting in that either. It was only for the PS3 though. Still, quite happy playing GTA 5 again. It looks really, really lovely on the PS4. Detail in every pixel.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Strong Boy, the biography of John L Sullivan. It's excellent so far

Plus tickets to see the Foo Fighters in Dublin in May!
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Stickgrappler View Post
    Birthday/Christmas gift = Samsung Galaxy Note 4 - love it!
    Oh happy Birthday mate when is or was it?
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

iPad air 2 and IPhone 6...... I'm an apple guy now... No more androids..

I have iPad air2, iPhone 6, and Apple TV all linked up..

Apple > samsung

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    the bloody canuck tax man caught up with me this year, I got a tax bill for 730 dollars a week before christmas, not that I mind it gave me an excuse for being the cheapskate who buys now presents that I actually am!
    Sucks when the tax man commeth! Had that happen a few years outta school when I was doing some contracting work It wasn't the amount that killed me..it was the years of accumulated penalties and interest I felt like some indentured servant to the U.S Government for a few years.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    My Mrs bought me "The Boxing Companion"

Attachment 3345

An absolute classic collection of boxing writing from Homer,Virgil,Byron,Hemmingway,etc and fight writers Leibling,Fleischer and others, along with stuff from fighters like London,Marciano,Corbett, and Tunney. Put together by Denzil Bachelor in the sixties, but about as timeless and great a collection there has ever been. I also got a copy of Damon Albarns "Everyday Robots" album and his opera about the English Scientist/Occultist "Dr Dee".

Got my Oldest grandson a pretty unbreakable toy digital camera so he can take Photo's like Grandad and Finally finished editing the blueray video for my daughters wedding, so she was chuffed.

I have that book nestled in the seat tidy thingy attached to the back of my seat in the car, it's been there for yonks. My kids read it all the time when we're driving.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Thread Information