Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default My opinion of Amir Khan

Seems tonight was the night this crossed the mind when comparing Khan and Hamed

Quote Originally Posted by Starr
    Naseem was very good and only great in his own regard, but he would have been a worldwide great had he not fallen in love with his own hype. Amir doesn't have nearly as much natural talent as Naseem but he could get further in terms of world wide great but as of right now Amir will never become great because expectations are too high for this early in his career and nobody will be satisfied. He WILL have a learning curve but if it's true and people think that he's so great already to beat top 10 guys then when he does hit that learning curve people will say he is slipping and call him overhyped etc. So lay off him he's not ready stop expecting it so soon and he will be great someday.
    Maybe his learning curve was tonight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: My opinion of Amir Khan

naaaa....i dont think so
    I pretty much gave him every round, and tbh his showboating wasn't that bad...
    His opponent really couldn't get a clean hit on him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Naseem was very good and only great in his own regard, but he would have been a worldwide great had he not fallen in love with his own hype. Amir doesn't have nearly as much natural talent as Naseem but he could get further in terms of world wide great but as of right now Amir will never become great because expectations are too high for this early in his career and nobody will be satisfied. He WILL have a learning curve but if it's true and people think that he's so great already to beat top 10 guys then when he does hit that learning curve people will say he is slipping and call him overhyped etc. So lay off him he's not ready stop expecting it so soon and he will be great someday.
    He has far more natural talent than Naz, just lacks the power Naz had.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Clydey_2_Times

you should wactch Naz in his early career, Khan's opponents (Laszlo Komjathi) wouldn't even lay a glove on him

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The_One77
    naaaa....i dont think so
    I pretty much gave him every round, and tbh his showboating wasn't that bad...
    His opponent really couldn't get a clean hit on him
    he was getting tagged with jabs simply because his hands weren't up. I agree about the show boating. you even seen it yet starr? Naz was a fucking clown... Amir Khan just did 1-2 Sugar Ray moves... nothing like Naz (not that I like show boating in you're 7th pro bout or at all generally but its not as bad as that slimey little cunt)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

you should wactch Naz in his early career, Khan's opponents (Laszlo Komjathi) wouldn't even lay a glove on him
    I've seen his early fights. He came unstuck when he stepped up the competition and looked completely ordinary after the Robinson fight.

Khan looks like he actually wants to box and looks like he can box. he has a far better jab than Naz, better footwork, balance, head movement. He has a better chance of having a long career at the top since he has a much more conventional fighting style. His defence will improve with age. Naz's got worse with age since he relied entirely on his reflexes and remaining off balance to slip punches.

Khan just needs to cut out the showboating and focus on the opponent.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nazes style was based on stopping the other fighting, and he did it well make no mistake.
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap
    Nazes style was based on stopping the other fighting, and he did it well make no mistake.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In terms of Early career Naz was a legend through and through and had alot more natural talent then Amir Khan could beg for, You cant compare Million dollar fight Naz to 2nd pro fight Naz.

When/If naz showboated in his early career he would know what he is doing and doing it as part of a plan, Khan straight up dropped his hands and let the guy crack him in the face 3 times, theres no smart in that.

Like it was said, Khan has become famous way to quick and imo way to big for his boots, a kid with only 7 pro fights under his belt shouldnt be getting all this pressure to "put on a good show".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Sheps
    In terms of Early career Naz was a legend through and through and had alot more natural talent then Amir Khan could beg for, You cant compare Million dollar fight Naz to 2nd pro fight Naz.

When/If naz showboated in his early career he would know what he is doing and doing it as part of a plan, Khan straight up dropped his hands and let the guy crack him in the face 3 times, theres no smart in that.

Like it was said, Khan has become famous way to quick and imo way to big for his boots, a kid with only 7 pro fights under his belt shouldnt be getting all this pressure to "put on a good show".
    As far as pure boxing talent goes, Khan has it in abundance. Naz was nothing without his power. That is power, not boxing ability. Khan doesn't have as much power but he has far more going for him than Naz ever had. As said before, balance, footwork, jab, technique, combinations, head movement, all of those are in Khan's favour. Naz simply had the equalizer: his power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Naz had much much much more then his power

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Naz had much much much more then his power
    My point is he had no other attributes to fall back on. If someone could take his punches, he was at a loss. As his career progressed, he began throwing single shots more and more. And as the opposition got tougher, he landed less and less. What he was good at was landing from almost any angle. The fact is without his power he was verging on a below average fighter.

For pure boxing talent, it is laughable to say Naz had more than Khan. Naz wasn't a boxer. He was a puncher.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yea but you remember early on that he depended on his counter punching his combinations and his boxing ability defense and speed and jab, he only started relying on his power when he fell in love with it and lost his craft.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

dont't forget everyone, naz was a lower weight so is going to have more faster reflexs than khan, alomost no one else is going to have reflexs like naz unless they are a featherweight to, khan has as much talant as naz in a different respect, people compare them to much just because they are both of asain descent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've seen his early fights. He came unstuck when he stepped up the competition and looked completely ordinary after the Robinson fight.

Khan looks like he actually wants to box and looks like he can box. he has a far better jab than Naz, better footwork, balance, head movement. He has a better chance of having a long career at the top since he has a much more conventional fighting style. His defence will improve with age. Naz's got worse with age since he relied entirely on his reflexes and remaining off balance to slip punches.

Khan just needs to cut out the showboating and focus on the opponent.

Khan has better headmovement then naz?

Khan will not be nearly as successful as naz was, and you write down the day i said that.

Naz had something that khan will never have, and thats the power to sit down guys with one shot. Reflexes that naz had khan will never posess....

Thread Information