Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Mayweather "...the pac maniacs will crucify you"

FIGHTHYPE \\ JEFF MAYWEATHER: "LIL FLOYD DON'T GET THE SAME TREATMENT AS THE AVERAGE FIGHTER"

Interview with Jeff Mayweather about Floyd's "racist" rant and the perception of Floyd.
    "Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

El Kabong Guest

Any issues with the perception of Floyd come down to 1 reason....Floyd.

I think Floyd is a hell of a boxer, he's extremely skilled, but he's hand picked opponents his entire career and he acts like an asshole. Now Roberto Duran acted like an asshole, but he'd fight anyone anytime anywhere and because of that he took some ass whippings but he also earned a great deal of respect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mayweather "...the pac maniacs will crucify you"

oh, and pacquiao doesn't "handpick" his opponents?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

I think Floyd is a hell of a boxer, he's extremely skilled, but he's hand picked opponents his entire career and he acts like an asshole. Now Roberto Duran acted like an asshole, but he'd fight anyone anytime anywhere and because of that he took some ass whippings but he also earned a great deal of respect.
    Duran vs FMJ would be a good one, I know people are gonna be like floyd is gonna make him quit like Leonard did. Well everybody seems to forget the beating Duran put on Leonard the first fight.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Excellent point well made Lyle! CC!!

PBF will NEVER be in the same league as Duran for that very reason, Duran had balls of steel, I doubt Floyd even has balls
    "He was convulsing on the floor like an infantile retard"

- Mike Tyson Hidden Content

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by milmascaras1 View Post
    Did I say ANYTHING about Pacquiao? I will point out that Floyd didn't fight Miguel Cotto or Antonio Margarito, could Floyd have beaten them, sure he'd have to be favored to, WOULD he have beaten them? We don't know because they never fought.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Did I say ANYTHING about Pacquiao? I will point out that Floyd didn't fight Miguel Cotto or Antonio Margarito, could Floyd have beaten them, sure he'd have to be favored to, WOULD he have beaten them? We don't know because they never fought.
    Would manny have beaten Casamayor, Raheem, or Campbell? Don't know because he never fought them....etc etc etc

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JonesJrMayweather View Post
    Would manny have beaten Casamayor, Raheem, or Campbell? Don't know because he never fought them....etc etc etc
    I don't think Pac would have beat the version of ODLH that Mayweather did to be fair!

El Kabong Guest

jonesjrmayweather you bring up fighters that Manny didn't fight and that's fair, but you can't say he never tested himself. Manny's obviously not got an 0 to protect and people will accuse Floyd of protecting that 0 (whether rightly or wrongly) given the people he has fought and not fought....its just a difference of opinions is all. Had Floyd fought Cotto instead of Hatton and won easy then people would complain about that. Floyd is getting the "Star treatment" from the fans, the fans want to see "The Star" fight the guy they think is dangerous....Pacquiao gets similar treatment from the Floyd fans so it's not like this isn't fair play.

I look at Floyd Mayweather like I saw Roy Jones Jr. in his prime, there are impressive guys out there he could pick off in a heartbeat, but for some reason he's not willing to do it and it's a shame that the boxing fan has to sit back and listen to his excuses OR listen to him slate the opponent he chose, fight them, and then come close to straining himself patting himself on the back for beating a fighter he had previously spent all his time trashing.....I mean Floyd sets himself up to be judged at a higher standard (as a boxer of course) because the fans will say "Well if that guy was so crap, then why the fuck did you waste all our time fighting him in the first place?"...he gets himself in trouble by talking too damn much. Pacquiao doesn't say much, but he is respectful I will say that and maybe people give him too much credit because they think every fighter he's getting in the ring with is the best version of that fighter....Floyd convinces you before the fight even happens that the opponent he's fighting is all washed up or has nothing for him and maybe it's just me, but Floyd markets that really well.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am not a fan of Floyd's and yes Margarito was way out of line and he got deserved, a good old fashion ass whipping. The fact remains that sticks and stones break bones but we heal and move on. Floyd is a fighter and gets challenged often. He has hand picked opponents unnecessarily and yes words live on long after your ass whipping. Floyd might make a mistake in judgment and he gets his 0 wiped out by what thought was a sure thing. Maybe a proper ass whipping by a legitimate contender would at least color his story as a man willing to fight the best. Old opponents, small champions and washed up opponents is not the way and one more thing Mr. Mayweather the clock is ticking on your abilities so stop bitching and moaning and live up to your name and if you want that middle name Money then pick the phone and say,"Hello Manny, let's do it. Enough with the blood tests and name calling. Visit the square ring that will answer the questions because the fans are waiting. "Get out of the toilet there's a line of others waiting. Signed a true boxing fan.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I also think that Cotto was still decent for the Pac fight, that one loss didn't ruin him as a fighter. Pac beat him with more skill than I've seen in any of his recent fights, compare the technique he had then compared to Marg or Clottley, I was more impressed by that win that most of his recent wins.

You can't argue about the great unknowns, if your sentence has too many "ifs" then it clearly does not have enough substance for a decent argument.

Unfortunatley, nearly everything to do with both sides starts with an "if".

Equally as frustrating is that nearly all defences of Mr M or Mr P when their abilities get questioned is "but Mayweather/ Pac didn't fight/ hand picks/ weight drains/ etc etc" by pulling the other fighter into the argument. As if that is the answer, defending your man by slating someone else or dismissing their accomplishments.

Sad, but true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

it's really funny how mayweather haters say he's cherrypicked his opponents. while it may be true he has done that to an extent, it's also true that pacquiao has as well. consider these:

- TKO'd future a 38-1-1, prime Genaro Hernandez in 9.

- TKO9 a very in his prime, 35-1 Jesus Chavez.

- easily beat a prime Carlos Hernandez.

- destroyed an undefeated, 33-0 Diego Corrales.

- beat Jose Luis Castillo two times when Castillo was at his absolute best.

- defeated Jr. Middleweight Champion Oscar de la Hoya when Oscar wasn't dead drained.

- took Ricky Hatton's "0" from him and ruined him. he was never the same after mayweather got through with him.

- made Juan Manuel Marquez look terrible in winning a shutout decision. wasn't even close. this is the same marquez who BEAT pacquiao in their rematch and made pacquiao vow never to fight him again.

- beat a prime Zab Judah by UD12.

- made Shane Mosley his whipping boy for twelve rounds. this same Mosley came back to fight a very competitive fight against Sergio Mora.

i think concerning mayweather the fighter, there is definitely a double-double standard on this guy. people despise his persona because he's first and foremost, a businessman and he loves to "rattle the cage" to sell tickets. but there is a much quieter side of mayweather that people just refuse to see. when he's not promoting fights, he can be a very humble person at times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

jonesjrmayweather you bring up fighters that Manny didn't fight and that's fair, but you can't say he never tested himself. Manny's obviously not got an 0 to protect and people will accuse Floyd of protecting that 0 (whether rightly or wrongly) given the people he has fought and not fought....its just a difference of opinions is all. Had Floyd fought Cotto instead of Hatton and won easy then people would complain about that. Floyd is getting the "Star treatment" from the fans, the fans want to see "The Star" fight the guy they think is dangerous....Pacquiao gets similar treatment from the Floyd fans so it's not like this isn't fair play.

I look at Floyd Mayweather like I saw Roy Jones Jr. in his prime, there are impressive guys out there he could pick off in a heartbeat, but for some reason he's not willing to do it and it's a shame that the boxing fan has to sit back and listen to his excuses OR listen to him slate the opponent he chose, fight them, and then come close to straining himself patting himself on the back for beating a fighter he had previously spent all his time trashing.....I mean Floyd sets himself up to be judged at a higher standard (as a boxer of course) because the fans will say "Well if that guy was so crap, then why the fuck did you waste all our time fighting him in the first place?"...he gets himself in trouble by talking too damn much. Pacquiao doesn't say much, but he is respectful I will say that and maybe people give him too much credit because they think every fighter he's getting in the ring with is the best version of that fighter....Floyd convinces you before the fight even happens that the opponent he's fighting is all washed up or has nothing for him and maybe it's just me, but Floyd markets that really well.
    Don't see how they're are similar at all. RJJ beat the best MW,- BHOP. Beat p4p number 1 or 2...depending on where they had him vs Sweet pea at that time. (toney) Then had 7 of the 8 Belts at LHW. The only people that many will name that RJJ didnt face where the the europeans. And the only reason those fights didnt happen was because of guys not willing to travel. RJJ was recognized as p4p 1 for many years and the odds on favorite in any of the those fights which means that he should have had the leverage in saying he preferred to fight in the states. None of it was as difficult as money splits. Just guys feeling like they didnt want to travel. The guy that had the 8th belt at LHW, DM, he flew to the states to watch RJJ fight Virgil Hill, so when they talked about the fight DM said he wasn't willing to travel. But why was he at the Hill fight? Because he after he saw that body shot, he decided to hide behind that excuse.

Floyd on the other hand has no excuses for never unifying any division. It seems he's in good with WBC his whole career and the only strap he's cared about. I agree he should have beaten Cotto, Margarito, before they even fought each other. He should a faced shane earlier. I don't think there's ever been an excuse for floyd leaving so many names off his resume for whatever reason it is. RJJ fought everyone there was to fight that was willing to fight in the states.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think Cotto is a viable opponent after two bad losses and the question about the hand wraps was never truly proven after the Margarito match. I have often made reference that I was not a Floyd fan but I always noted his great skills are being wasted in inactivity. The original thread is one of opinion and not substance because it addresses character and not the skills of the fighter but the verbal activities of the fans. Mr. Cotto's courage and skills are not in question either. He just needs a rest, time with his family and a break to count his blessings. If and when he comes back it is his choice, not the fans. As for substance, I was once part of this great sport even though the matches were on a dare, it made me appreciate the efforts fighters put forth for a living that has absolutely no guarantees. By the way I enjoy this sight and I never question anyone's substance because words live forever and everyone likes to be heard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

it's really funny how mayweather haters say he's cherrypicked his opponents. while it may be true he has done that to an extent, it's also true that pacquiao has as well. consider these:

- TKO'd future a 38-1-1, prime Genaro Hernandez in 9.

- TKO9 a very in his prime, 35-1 Jesus Chavez.

- easily beat a prime Carlos Hernandez.

- destroyed an undefeated, 33-0 Diego Corrales. (severely weight drained)

- beat Jose Luis Castillo two times when Castillo was at his absolute best. (arguably lost the first one)

- defeated Jr. Middleweight Champion Oscar de la Hoya when Oscar wasn't dead drained.(oscar got that strap for beating inactive mayorga and wasn't prime)

- took Ricky Hatton's "0" from him and ruined him. he was never the same after mayweather got through with him. (Ricky looked like shit against Collazo, clearly he wasn't good at 147)

- made Juan Manuel Marquez look terrible in winning a shutout decision. wasn't even close. this is the same marquez who BEAT pacquiao in their rematch and made pacquiao vow never to fight him again. (Wasn't the same JMM that fought PAcman, Pacman wasn't two weight classes bigger than him)

- beat a prime Zab Judah by UD12. (The same prime Zab that lost to Baldomir?)

- made Shane Mosley his whipping boy for twelve rounds. this same Mosley came back to fight a very competitive fight against Sergio Mora. (Being competitive with a man that's average at best shows how faded Mosley was. And was 38 when he fought PBF)

i think concerning mayweather the fighter, there is definitely a double-double standard on this guy. people despise his persona because he's first and foremost, a businessman and he loves to "rattle the cage" to sell tickets. but there is a much quieter side of mayweather that people just refuse to see. when he's not promoting fights, he can be a very humble person at times.
    I've helped improve the accuracy of your PBF resume.

Thread Information