Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Yoan Pablo Hernandez & Alexander Frenkel - Cruisers for the future?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Yoan Pablo Hernandez & Alexander Frenkel - Cruisers for the future?

On the undercard of tonight's Arthur Abraham fight, Yoan Pablo Hernandez and Alexander Frenkel both posted wins by 1st round KO's, taking them both to 12-0. Of course neither Daniel Bispo nor Shane Swartz are world beaters, but both of them have been the ring with - and lasted longer against - decent opponents before.

I have mentioned Hernandez here before, but also he really do seem to be one to look out for. Cuban Olympian in 2004, later defected and pro since 2005. I have yet to see his fight tonight, but his last outing, another first round KO against seasoned Norwegian Thomas Hansvoll, was definetely impressive. I dont know much about Frenkel, but judging by his resume - 12 wins, 9 ko's, despite only turning pro last September - he too could make some waves.

Anyway, the current cruiser scene look perhaps better, or at least deeper, than ever before, and it could be an interesting division for years to come with so many top guys 'only' being in their early to mid-20'es (Haye & Enzo are both 26, so are Matt Godfrey and Alexander Alexeev. Wlodarczyk and Johnathon Banks are 25, Marco Huck is 22 along with Hernandez and Frenkel). Oh, and with unified titles - and another unificiation perhaps waiting in the wings with Maccarinelli and Cunningham - and genuinely exciting fights, it is a much less frustrating division to follow than heavyweight at the moment!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Yoan Pablo Hernandez & Alexander Frenkel - Cruisers for the future?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikkel_K
    On the undercard of tonight's Arthur Abraham fight, Yoan Pablo Hernandez and Alexander Frenkel both posted wins by 1st round KO's, taking them both to 12-0. Of course neither Daniel Bispo nor Shane Swartz are world beaters, but both of them have been the ring with - and lasted longer against - decent opponents before.

I have mentioned Hernandez here before, but also he really do seem to be one to look out for. Cuban Olympian in 2004, later defected and pro since 2005. I have yet to see his fight tonight, but his last outing, another first round KO against seasoned Norwegian Thomas Hansvoll, was definetely impressive. I dont know much about Frenkel, but judging by his resume - 12 wins, 9 ko's, despite only turning pro last September - he too could make some waves.

Anyway, the current cruiser scene look perhaps better, or at least deeper, than ever before, and it could be an interesting division for years to come with so many top guys 'only' being in their early to mid-20'es (Haye & Enzo are both 26, so are Matt Godfrey and Alexander Alexeev. Wlodarczyk and Johnathon Banks are 25, Marco Huck is 22 along with Hernandez and Frenkel). Oh, and with unified titles - and another unificiation perhaps waiting in the wings with Maccarinelli and Cunningham - and genuinely exciting fights, it is a much less frustrating division to follow than heavyweight at the moment!
    Any vids mikkel?

you don't post much but when u do u post well.. fair dos...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Preme
    Any vids mikkel?

Thanks for the probs! I would like to return the cc, but, hey, I don't post much, so I can't (yet)

This is the only thing, I could find:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgEbEUFzbHc

It is Hernandez' outing against Hansvoll. It doesn't prove much, as Hansvoll is truly embarassing (I have seen him quite many times, as Hansvoll has boxed in Denmark with pro-boxing being banned in Norway - he used to be fairly decent fighter, although perhaps European level at best, but there really is no excuse for this performance). Anyway, there you get to see Hernandez and a few hints of his quality.

Oh, and I hope you dont mind the annoying Danish commentator (or you might just be lucky, you dont understand him - he is truly terrible).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Any vids mikkel?

Thanks for the probs! I would like to return the cc, but, hey, I don't post much, so I can't (yet)

It is Hernandez' outing against Hansvoll. It doesn't prove much, as Hansvoll is truly embarassing (I have seen him quite many times, as Hansvoll has boxed in Denmark with pro-boxing being banned in Norway - he used to be fairly decent fighter, although perhaps European level at best, but there really is no excuse for this performance). Anyway, there you get to see Hernandez and a few hints of his quality.

Oh, and I hope you dont mind the annoying Danish commentator (or you might just be lucky, you dont understand him - he is truly terrible).
    ah no probs, the onyl copy i got of tyson v holyfieldI is in chinese lol - although the guys are so nuts they crack me up lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Any vids mikkel?

ah no probs, the onyl copy i got of tyson v holyfieldI is in chinese lol - although the guys are so nuts they crack me up lol
    Chinese.......lol Yeah I think Hansoval threw 1 punch; wow
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Now, I've actually had the opportunity of seeing Frenkel's fight, as German tv showed it after the Abraham fight.

Again it is way too early to tell, if he can mix it with the big boys, especially since Swartz looked old, sloppy and entirely disinterested, but Frenkel sure does look good for a fighter who had his pro debut less than 11 months ago. Impressive ko that actually had me worried about Swartz' health for a moment (clearly this was also a concern for everybody there - including Frenkel).

Also the fact that Frenkel was the only 'support' fighter German tv showed, demonstrates that they mean serious business with him. After all he was chosen ahead of more well known commodities such as Mads Larsen (who I would have preferred to see, but being Danish I am probably a bit biased there), Michael Trabant or indeed Hernandez. Of course it helps that Frenkel holds a German passport and that he looks (as in 'face and body') like a potential superstar.

Btw people should keep an eye out for videos of the Abraham fight. Not only was it a good scrap, but the knockout was absolutely classic.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Now, I've actually had the opportunity of seeing Frenkel's fight, as German tv showed it after the Abraham fight.

Again it is way too early to tell, if he can mix it with the big boys, especially since Swartz looked old, sloppy and entirely disinterested, but Frenkel sure does look good for a fighter who had his pro debut less than 11 months ago. Impressive ko that actually had me worried about Swartz' health for a moment (clearly this was also a concern for everybody there - including Frenkel).

Also the fact that Frenkel was the only 'support' fighter German tv showed, demonstrates that they mean serious business with him. After all he was chosen ahead of more well known commodities such as Mads Larsen (who I would have preferred to see, but being Danish I am probably a bit biased there), Michael Trabant or indeed Hernandez. Of course it helps that Frenkel holds a German passport and that he looks (as in 'face and body') like a potential superstar.

Btw people should keep an eye out for videos of the Abraham fight. Not only was it a good scrap, but the knockout was absolutely classic.
    Thanks for the update

Thread Information