Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Marquez Does Have A Few Things In His Favor

First, I want to make it clear. I think Mayweather is too big for him and I think he sees JMM as a fight to make him look good in his return. I think Floyd will win, most likely by TKO, but don't be surprised if Marquez manages to pull out a hard-fought decision. Marquez has been active against top fighters who throw a lot of punches. He can keep a fast pace, even though he is getting up there in ring years. Im not so sure if Mayweather fight at a fast anymore. Also, JMM isnt going to be shocked by Mayweathers speed at 140. He fought faster fighters than Floyd and can deal with his speed. I dont think that will be an issue. One thing is for sure. Marquez can not be intimidated and he is confident, especially because he coming off some very big wins and a great performance against arguably the best fighter in the world. Seeing Pac have this much sucess at the higher weights can only help fuel his belief that he can beat a bigger opponent. Again, I see Mayweather winning, but an different outcome would not entirely surprise me either.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Marquez Does Have A Few Things In His Favor

There's alot of things going for JMM IMO. His power is topnotch stopping both Casamayor and Juan Diaz. Chin and heart the only fighter that did not wilt against PAC. Counterpunching ability punished PAC for every mistake he made. In short JMM gave hell to our P4P Superhero He will probably give hell to PBF too.
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

By the way I'll be rooting for JMM on this one.
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

By the way I'll be rooting for JMM on this one.
    If Marquez wins, there will be no PAC-PBF, simply because the match wouldn't be appealing anymore
    Hidden Content
    RIP, Crazy Samurai. Thank you for your Drumming.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think PBF wins a yawner. I think he does everything possible not to really engage with JMM just box and move ad nauseum on the way to an uneventful decision.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

XaduBoxer Guest

I consider this fight as a tune-up fight for PBF mainly due to fact that it's PBF's 1st fight after a year and a half in retirement, PBF will be the heavy favorite and PBF has all the advantages in this fight... PBF is expected to win this one...

Some intangibles tho goes to JMM like heart and fighting spirit...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by VanChilds View Post
    I think PBF wins a yawner. I think he does everything possible not to really engage with JMM just box and move ad nauseum on the way to an uneventful decision.

That's kind of my exact toughts on this as well.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

XaduBoxer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by LEGION View Post

When does PBF gave you an exciting fight? I slept during PBF-Baldomir and only awaken by the BOO from the crowd in the last rounds...

JMM is also mainly a counter-puncher so this has really a making of a boring fight...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SaddoBoxer View Post

When does PBF gave you an exciting fight? I slept during PBF-Baldomir and only awaken by the BOO from the crowd in the last rounds...

JMM is also mainly a counter-puncher so this has really a making of a boring fight...

Well to be fair he had some good ones earlier in his career, like the beating he put on Manfredy, the fast paced chess match with Agustus; hell I thoroughly enjoyed his fight with Zab 'SuperBoob" Judah. At his lighter weights he was fun to watch, imo.
    Hidden Content

XaduBoxer Guest

Well to be fair he had some good ones earlier in his career, like the beating he put on Manfredy, the fast paced chess match with Agustus; hell I thoroughly enjoyed his fight with Zab 'SuperBoob" Judah. At his lighter weights he was fun to watch, imo.
    The excitement came mainly from PBF's opponent (specially Judah) not that PBF the one initiating it... This also apply to JMM... So there's a big probability that the two of them will be waiting on who will throw first... Really has the making of a boring fight...

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think your right Boom.A fight to make Mayweather look good,but also to tie him into and leading up to a Pacquiao fight.I honestly think he is a tad envious of Mannys major attraction and standing on his pedestal as far as p4p.

I just dont see Marquez as the counter punching mechanic he was just a few years back.He if fighting much more aggressively taking more damage with the years and weight,but reaping the rewards on guile,experience and tenacity.No way in hell will he back down or lay down for Mayweather,but I can see him taking shots that wont necessarily hurt him but pizz him off and drive him forward.He will punch straighter and more often than many Mayweather has faced as of late,but Floyd will capitalize big time on those counters...and then back/slide off.Then again,maybe Floyd will get tagged and get pizzed,engage an adversary and not get that 'oh my god' grimace face on his mug as he backs to ropes,glove glued to face, for once.Doubt it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The excitement came mainly from PBF's opponent (specially Judah) not that PBF the one initiating it... This also apply to JMM... So there's a big probability that the two of them will be waiting on who will throw first... Really has the making of a boring fight...

True but still the Judah fight was exciting and really the last Mayweather fight I did enjoy. Well Ricky getting ping-ponged off th ring post was funny but I'll leave that one alone at this time

Anyways, if you haven't seen his fights withEmmanuel Augustus you should watch it. I thought it was great; or Manfredy or Corrales and Chavez; good fights. Anything is exciting next to the Baldomir fight
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

While I see the logic of thinking this could be a bore fest, there are reasons it might not be: 1) as has been said, PBF wants to look good. If he wants to generate interest in a super fight with PAC, one of his take no damage technical showcases doesn't make the most sense for him. I think he'll be motivated to engage, especially since he's the bigger man. 2) Marquez was able to lure Casamayor into being the aggressor even though he himself likes to counter. He seemed to be able to do this by backing just outside of Casamayor's range and then alternating between coming in and beating him to the punch or feinting and countering.

Not that he will be able to do that to Mayweather, as PBF is a master at getting the fight to be fought his way, but Marquez has shown a great ability to do that as well. The point is that two counter punchers can have an exciting fight.

Couple of things that bode well for Marquez are: 1)that like PAC, he seems to take his power up with him. 2) PBF's inactivity.

Has the weight been settled on? If I were Marquez, I would scratch and claw for every pound I could get under 145. I think Marquez should at least try jumping on PBF early to try to take advantage of any rust. Although, Marquez seems to start pretty slow. Maybe that's another reason PBF thinks it's a good fight for him?

My heart is with Marquez, and I think he has a chance, but especially if the fight is at 144, I have to favor PBF by decision.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I consider this fight as a tune-up fight for PBF
    Just when I think your starting to become a bit more neutral and more of a fan of the sport itself and not just Pac or PI boxers you post this.

Any little way to take a stab at JMM and downgrade him from his stature.

Pac is #1 P4P and until he is beaten he will remain #1 isn't that enough now for Pac fans to be at ease and just move on and be a bit more neutral?

You would think right, but no. The initials JMM, or the name Marquez is such a big threat that any opp. to belittle him and push him away from Pacs P4P place is taken and pushed to the fullest.

JMM a tune up fight.
    So in turn you are saying that if Pac faces SSM or Cotto they will be tune up fights for Pac?

Boxer (cause you really don't deserve to be called the 1st part of your name) you have for now fallen back into my troll list.

mainly due to fact that it's PBF's 1st fight after a year and a half in retirement, PBF will be the heavy favorite and PBF has all the advantages in this fight.
    These things don't make a fight a tune up fight.
    Curious to know where you got this info. from or could you go deeper into this as I would like to understand your brilliant boxing knowledge in regards to Tune Up fights.
    I'm all ears whenever you are ready.
    (You don't have to answer right away, you can think it through and if needed take a day or so to work out a reply)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom View Post
    First, I want to make it clear. I think Mayweather is too big for him and I think he sees JMM as a fight to make him look good in his return. I think Floyd will win, most likely by TKO, but don't be surprised if Marquez manages to pull out a hard-fought decision. Marquez has been active against top fighters who throw a lot of punches. He can keep a fast pace, even though he is getting up there in ring years. Im not so sure if Mayweather fight at a fast anymore. Also, JMM isnt going to be shocked by Mayweathers speed at 140. He fought faster fighters than Floyd and can deal with his speed. I dont think that will be an issue. One thing is for sure. Marquez can not be intimidated and he is confident, especially because he coming off some very big wins and a great performance against arguably the best fighter in the world. Seeing Pac have this much sucess at the higher weights can only help fuel his belief that he can beat a bigger opponent. Again, I see Mayweather winning, but an different outcome would not entirely surprise me either.
    Sorry who is faster than Floyd that he has foughten? Pacquiao is fast, but Mayweather is a little faster because he has the same handspeed, but he isn't out of position after he throws something, nor are there openings which IMO means he is taking speed off to maintain perfect coordination.

Thread Information