Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default VERY pleasantly surprised at the post-fight reaction here

I've always known this place (saddo's) is a better place to chat about boxing than some of the other forums, where people spend most of the time hurling insults about each other's mothers and questioning each other's manhoods.

But even so, I've pleasantly surprised at the general post-fight reaction here to the Cotto-Margarito fight. Almost all posters, Cotto fans and Margarito fans alike, have heaped praise on both fighters. Unlike other big fights, where it's gotten pretty ugly between fans of both fighters. There's an admiration and a respect for both fighters that makes me feel good about belonging to this forum. And to think it wasn't that long ago when people were quick to dismiss both Cotto AND Margarito as something less than what they've proven to be.

Of course, a lot of that has to with the fight itself and the fighters themselves. Neither Cotto nor Margarito are arrogant S.O.B's who do more trash-talking than fighting. They're both humble, fiercely proud fighters, proud to represent their respective countries. And the fight itself was a beauty. Not the result I wanted, of course, but still a classic to be enjoyed as a boxing fan, and admired. IMO, they both grew from this fight.

So this is my small way of saying thanks to all the veteran and new posters that have put their thoughtful and insightful thoughts on the forum. We may not all agree. (i.e. can Cotto win a rematch? will Cotto be back stronger? can Margarito clean out the WW division? will Floyd decide to fight him?). But I've seen nothing but respect for the fighters and to each other's opinions.... and I just wanted to express that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: VERY pleasantly surprised at the post-fight reaction here

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I've always known this place (saddo's) is a better place to chat about boxing than some of the other forums, where people spend most of the time hurling insults about each other's mothers and questioning each other's manhoods.

But even so, I've pleasantly surprised at the general post-fight reaction here to the Cotto-Margarito fight. Almost all posters, Cotto fans and Margarito fans alike, have heaped praise on both fighters. Unlike other big fights, where it's gotten pretty ugly between fans of both fighters. There's an admiration and a respect for both fighters that makes me feel good about belonging to this forum. And to think it wasn't that long ago when people were quick to dismiss both Cotto AND Margarito as something less than what they've proven to be.

Of course, a lot of that has to with the fight itself and the fighters themselves. Neither Cotto nor Margarito are arrogant S.O.B's who do more trash-talking than fighting. They're both humble, fiercely proud fighters, proud to represent their respective countries. And the fight itself was a beauty. Not the result I wanted, of course, but still a classic to be enjoyed as a boxing fan, and admired. IMO, they both grew from this fight.

So this is my small way of saying thanks to all the veteran and new posters that have put their thoughtful and insightful thoughts on the forum. We may not all agree. (i.e. can Cotto win a rematch? will Cotto be back stronger? can Margarito clean out the WW division? will Floyd decide to fight him?). But I've seen nothing but respect for the fighters and to each other's opinions.... and I just wanted to express that.
    Well i can't really make a comment on this i am new here but i have read alot of posts before joining like i have done with all the other boxing forums but i just think theres whole lot of high tension about the Puerto Rico vs Mexican rivarly which is sad really because both nations should be proud of both fighters.....................

But i am Antonio Margarito fan and im glad he won but i always admired Miguel Cotto and have followed him for quite sometime also i just think people making excuses for Miguel Cotto are doing injustice to Miguel Cotto because he didn't make any excuses and he gave it 110 percent when he went down on the one knee his body basically gave out on him.........................

As for your last question i honestly don't think Miguel Cotto can win a rematch the only chance i see him winning a rematch is if he goes to the body more other than that i see repeat of the first fight i don't think Floyd Mayweather Jr will fight him he didn't want no part him back in 2006 so why would he want him now that he is more dangerous ? and yes i do think Antonio Margarito can clean out Welterweight division but i do still see him having problems with Paul Williams and maybe Andre Berto in a few years.

Thread Information