Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default burns kats spoilers

Nice fight, and good boxing by burns, but think kats' wars may have caught up to him a bit. At times his punches had no snap on em at all, and took a while to get started, but this isn't to say burns wouldn't have been able to handle kats of 2 years ago cause he did box nicely. Cards were a bit to wide imo but the right man got the nod.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: burns kats spoilers

close fight, i had it a draw. but 115-113 burns is good imo, anything wider is questionable

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I scored it 114-114. I think 115-113 for Burns is a good scorecard as well.
    But the 117-111, 117-111, and 117-112 were some homecooking.

2 kinds of homecooking-

1-getting a decision that you shouldn't have? Didn't happen here as worst case scenario for Burns should have been draw.
    2-Ending up with scores a couple pts wider than they really should be-which I would believe was the case here.

Katsidis needs to retire. Burns can beat lower top 10 ring ranked guys. I don't see him beating guys like Rios, Marquez, Guererro, etc...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by armin View Post
    Nice fight, and good boxing by burns, but think kats' wars may have caught up to him a bit. At times his punches had no snap on em at all, and took a while to get started, but this isn't to say burns wouldn't have been able to handle kats of 2 years ago cause he did box nicely. Cards were a bit to wide imo but the right man got the nod.
    Summed it up well, Kats had no zip and little power in his punches, although i am sure Burns will have sore arms for a month. Kats had no plan B? Excellent boxing from Burns, Kats was game as always, but Burns fought a very good tactical fight and gave Katsidis no opportunity to land anything big. The little K man looks done to me, i scored it 115-113, but that really flatters Katsidis.
    Burns looks good and could do very well in the next 12 months. No need for a rematch here, Katsidis was out boxed and outsmartered by Burns who is a very good boxer.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by THE THIRD MAN View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by armin View Post
    Summed it up well, Kats had no zip and little power in his punches, although i am sure Burns will have sore arms for a month. Kats had no plan B? Excellent boxing from Burns, Kats was game as always, but Burns fought a very good tactical fight and gave Katsidis no opportunity to land anything big. The little K man looks done to me, i scored it 115-113, but that really flatters Katsidis.
    Burns looks good and could do very well in the next 12 months. No need for a rematch here, Katsidis was out boxed and outsmartered by Burns who is a very good boxer.
    Yeah while I don't think kats is fully shot hell be there within a fight or two sadly. His style doesn't lend itself to longetivity but always made for great fights and the guys all heart, hope he made some decent money over the years and was smart with it. He still had enough to push burns and if burns defense wasn't as thight as it was it may have been kats' hand bein raised.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by gest12645 View Post
    close fight, i had it a draw. but 115-113 burns is good imo, anything wider is questionable
    come on man are you serious, i think you need to watch the fight again, burns completely dominated kat if he was a bigger puncher he would of stopped kat no problem.i had it 9 -3 for burns

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Katsidis lost !?

Damn it. Well there goes calling out Khan and such that he was doing.

Not that he had a chance against Khan, but I figured Katsidis would win a the domestic level as its called.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Katsidis need to think about his future , i dont like the way he now ships punches , good to watch him but does he need to fight on?
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kats is an entertaining fighter and should carry on. Think he has the status for 'up and coming fighters must beat if they are to become champions'.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Kats is an entertaining fighter and should carry on. Think he has the status for 'up and coming fighters must beat if they are to become champions'.
    He has been great value i just dont want to see him get hurt , he is a prick sometimes but he may be to proud for his own good.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by g3org3 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gest12645 View Post
    come on man are you serious, i think you need to watch the fight again, burns completely dominated kat if he was a bigger puncher he would of stopped kat no problem.i had it 9 -3 for burns
    Now that simply did not happen. Burns out boxed and was defensively too smart for Katsidis, but you could not help thinking throughout the fight that Kats was one punch away from changing the whole direction this fight was taking. (Katsidis punching power was lacking and although his work rate was good, that KO punch was not going to come). Burns held off Katsidis well and was the definite winner, i thought 117-111 was rubbish scoring. Katsidis problem was he had no other plan to counter Burns obvious boxing skills, Burns corner did a great job and did their homework. However he did not dominate anyone. Katsidis was busy, but just couldn't land enough times to cause Burns any real discomfort.
    Katsidis should consider giving it away, his punches had nothing on them and if he is going to fight like that for the remainder of his career without a back up plan then he is going to receive a huge knockout loss sooner rather than later.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The right man won which is good to see....but I can only echo others in the wide scores. I had Burns ahead the whole way but it was still a close hard fight. Burns got the job done early imo racking up the first 4 rounds - thats where he won the fight.

I scored it 7-5 for 115-113. There were 3 rounds which were v close and I scored those 2-1 to Burns. On that basis you could have it a draw also. Although having said that you could see Kats looked a beaten man as soon as the bell went and Burns the opposite, so I think a draw would have flattered Kats. 7-5 is a 100% correct scoreline imo. 8-4 is I suppose also ok. I disagree with all 3 official cards, certainly too wide, very very flattering.
    maineventboxing.wordpress.com - my mates boxing blog, check it out for fight articles and fight predictions

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by J_C View Post
    The right man won which is good to see....but I can only echo others in the wide scores. I had Burns ahead the whole way but it was still a close hard fight. Burns got the job done early imo racking up the first 4 rounds - thats where he won the fight.

I scored it 7-5 for 115-113. There were 3 rounds which were v close and I scored those 2-1 to Burns. On that basis you could have it a draw also. Although having said that you could see Kats looked a beaten man as soon as the bell went and Burns the opposite, so I think a draw would have flattered Kats. 7-5 is a 100% correct scoreline imo. 8-4 is I suppose also ok. I disagree with all 3 official cards, certainly too wide, very very flattering.
    Agreed, worst case for Kats was 116-112, i had it 115- 113 with Burns a worthy winner. He will do well in the States and this fight will give him great experience against a pressure fighter. I expect Burns to go all the way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Read an article this morning that suggest Katsidis may look to go up to junior welterweight. He said he felt lethargic after the first round. He said that the last time he fought at 140 he knocked the guy clean out and felt strong but no longer feels that way at lightweight.
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Snakey View Post
    Read an article this morning that suggest Katsidis may look to go up to junior welterweight. He said he felt lethargic after the first round. He said that the last time he fought at 140 he knocked the guy clean out and felt strong but no longer feels that way at lightweight.
    He needs to regroup with his team and do some more homework before taking on anyone good again. He wouldn't have knocked me out with those pitter patter punches he threw against Burns. Sure, give 140 a go, but i have my doubts about Kats being anything more than journeyman status from now on.

Thread Information