Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For the life of me- I don't know why May and Pac won't fight!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default For the life of me- I don't know why May and Pac won't fight!

... even after the consecutive losses for Pac, I believe he would be the biggest draw of a Mayweather fighter.

It's not that Pac lost, it's the style of the fight- can Floyd rise to the style of Pac.

We should be treated to it... even though it's not gonna kill us, why the hell not at this stage and why is Floyd still trying to find every excuse to not fight Pac?

Makes you wanna ask yourself "well, Floyd... why not?"... draws attention to himself.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: For the life of me- I don't know why May and Pac won't fight!

I rather see Mayweather-Spadadfora instead

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is true. I'm sure it would still be the one of the biggest fights in boxing. I'd still enjoy watching it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is a real shame for boxing fans that this fight never took place when it should've back in 2009 or 2010. It holds no value in 2013 going into 2014 as Pacquiao is on the wrong side of his career and it's all down hill from here. The Pacman couldn't beat an egg right now let alone Floyd Mayweather. He had chance to win in 2009/10, but i firmly believe that chance has passed him by.

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Part of me hates them for not doing it at the primes because of their egos and part of me is happy that they have lost millions because of that fact. I hope they are haunted by fans asking this question to them for the rest of their lives.
    Last edited by Master; 06-30-2013 at 05:00 PM.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

jon09 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    ... even after the consecutive losses for Pac, I believe he would be the biggest draw of a Mayweather fighter.

It's not that Pac lost, it's the style of the fight- can Floyd rise to the style of Pac.

We should be treated to it... even though it's not gonna kill us, why the hell not at this stage and why is Floyd still trying to find every excuse to not fight Pac?

Makes you wanna ask yourself "well, Floyd... why not?"... draws attention to himself.
    As long as Pac is under the Arum control then we will not see 1 of the richest fights in history.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather likes his undefeated record and he knows that with Pacman he will be in a fight "every second of it"! There will be NO pause there will be NO rest he will have to be ON 100% of the time!

Thats how it would have gone and Floyd simply refused that challenge! Blame it on testing and any other BS you want to but the real reason is that Floyd will be pushed 100% of the time.

Now don't get me wrong I believe Floyd is the favorite to win but theres NO coasting with Manny, the guy comes to fight and win thats whats great about him! Ray

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Because Golden Boy/Mayweather & Top Rank won't work together. As long as Arum is involved, forget it. Honestly, right now Alvarez is a much more dangerous fight in my eyes anyway. If people aren't excited for Mayweather-Alvarez then you can't love boxing. Really is the biggest fight out there right now.

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post
    Because Golden Boy/Mayweather & Top Rank won't work together. As long as Arum is involved, forget it. Honestly, right now Alvarez is a much more dangerous fight in my eyes anyway. If people aren't excited for Mayweather-Alvarez then you can't love boxing. Really is the biggest fight out there right now.
    Agreed It is a quality fight that which I hope Alvarez can win.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sure, the Alvarez fight is the best fight out there for boxing fans OUTSIDE OF the Pac-man fight. Sure, Alvarez is a somewhat decent consolation prize....

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    Sure, the Alvarez fight is the best fight out there for boxing fans OUTSIDE OF the Pac-man fight. Sure, Alvarez is a somewhat decent consolation prize....
    Bollocks. After Pacquiao was brutally knocked out, the fight isn't really relevant anymore. If Pacquiao can come back against Rios, then maybe people will think differently.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Part me hates them for not doing it at the primes because of their egos and part of me is happy that they have lost millions because of that fact. I hope they are haunted by fans asking this question to them for the rest of their lives.
    Agreed 100%. It's easy to blame one side, but in the end - whether people want to admit it or not - it came down to the massive egos of TWO prima donna superstars.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They pretty much pissed away the window of opportunity on that one. If Floyd tops Alvarez it'll be even more of a huge clusterfk in terms of money split and that's assuming Manny resets and hammers short-bus Rios without incident. If he looks iffy Arum may just try to cash him in and make it, which I hope he doesn't because I lost the taste for it a year ago.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It'll never happen IMO, because for sure now they'll never agree on money (Floyd will want a much bigger chunk).

It would have been fight of the century and they fuckin blew it!

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think we can all agree that with Arum out of the way, Pac-man would take the fight for minimal money- perhaps take it for good money once it isn't less that $10 mil... this includes television royalties.

I think Pac would take the fight for $10 mil and on short notice... let's say, within three months out.

Hidden Content

Thread Information