Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Need some assistance...

I've been contemplating a rather sad thought lately. As Ricky Haton/Floyd Mayweather approaches i realise that this will be the Hitman's most difficult encounter and also the possability of becoming his crowning glory.
    However, the thought of this potentially huge win has also opened up a truth that i find saddening. No fighter can fight on forever and Hatton's aged body (from his lifestyle as much as his ring wars,) will certainly not support his proffesion for much longer. In fact 5 years in my mind will contain not only the retirement of the Hitman but also quite a lot of non-boxing related activities

So what shall i do when my favourite fighter retires. Undoubtedly i will add a dvd of every second of his career to a sacred place in my home, the glove he signed for me will be placed in a trophy cabinet alongside the ticket stubbs and progarmmes from all his fights i attended and a shrine will be created. But how will i approach boxing then

In short who will be my new favourite fighter I guess this ties with Wackos Cahnging of the guard thread, but this is on a personal level.
    Cotto? Mayb, but ther fact that i'm not even remotely Puerto Rican might make me feel left out?

Duddy? Yeah he's Irish, but his Chin first style will see him Ko'd someday.

Lee? Andy's a class act and i no the guy but i can't se myself being a fanatic of a guy that comes from Limerick

Ugh...I dunno...Little help?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Need some assistance...

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny
    I've been contemplating a rather sad thought lately. As Ricky Haton/Floyd Mayweather approaches i realise that this will be the Hitman's most difficult encounter and also the possability of becoming his crowning glory.
    However, the thought of this potentially huge win has also opened up a truth that i find saddening. No fighter can fight on forever and Hatton's aged body (from his lifestyle as much as his ring wars,) will certainly not support his proffesion for much longer. In fact 5 years in my mind will contain not only the retirement of the Hitman but also quite a lot of non-boxing related activities

So what shall i do when my favourite fighter retires. Undoubtedly i will add a dvd of every second of his career to a sacred place in my home, the glove he signed for me will be placed in a trophy cabinet alongside the ticket stubbs and progarmmes from all his fights i attended and a shrine will be created. But how will i approach boxing then

In short who will be my new favourite fighter I guess this ties with Wackos Cahnging of the guard thread, but this is on a personal level.
    Cotto? Mayb, but ther fact that i'm not even remotely Puerto Rican might make me feel left out?

Lee? Andy's a class act and i no the guy but i can't se myself being a fanatic of a guy that comes from Limerick

I'm going for Amir. He's a northern lad....i've watched all his fights live....even the fixed amatuer one

i know what ya mean tho i was thinking the same thing before.....i'm a nervous wreck when Hatton fights and that doesn't happen to me with any other fighter (thank god actually)

Kahn brings me the closest to that feeling so am going to ride that badnwagon for the next 10 years until i have kids and i can live my failed sporting life through them
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah i get the nerves too!!!
    But i cant go with Kahn as i don't get on with him on a personal level.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i take it ya know him then?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ono
    i take it ya know him then?
    Well i met him a few times at amateur competitions and he fought a friend of mine (they had a cracking fight actually.) He knew who i was when i met him earlier this year, new il b turning pro next year (at a much higher weight.) and he asked me did i want an autograph.

Can't really think of any current Fighter who excites me as much as Ricky could. Enzo Macc is a guy id get behind, but the opponents Warren is feeding him fails totantalise the tastebuds.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

AUDLEY HARRISON - 2009 HE CONQUERS THE WORLD! UNDISPUTED HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION.

Need I say more?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

hey donny goto lets get it on find the pics of deenna winning gold at shindo-kai nationals

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn

AUDLEY HARRISON - 2009 HE CONQUERS THE WORLD! UNDISPUTED HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION.

Need I say more?

I'd be setting myself to a fine bout of depression if i put my hopes in Audley
    Quote Originally Posted by katfight
    hey donny goto lets get it on find the pics of deenna winning gold at shindo-kai nationals
    No prob Kat, will do.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If your after a British fighter, it's gotta be David Haye my friend. If Macc fights some better opposition, I'd say him too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There are sooo many young guys out there up and coming that will be worthy of the fan praise.....Hatton is good for boxing, he is a light hearted fellow who enjoys every minute of what he has accomplished without doing it in a way that is shameful...fighting outside the ring,,drugs ect....He trains hard for his bouts and always gives it his all....The sport is in need of more Hatton's but with that being said I agree with the way his weight goes up and down and with the way he fights or used to anyway before the hit and hold tech...it certainly gives him a shorter shelf life...I just go with who is doing what they should....defending their title against top guys,,guys who act like gentlemen ect.....Guys like Juan Diaz, Cotto, Pavlik, Peter all good for the sport.....

Just let the fighter pick you it will happen one night during a fight card one of these guys will grab your fan fare
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Remember the first time i saw Ricky, he actually lost on that evening.
    It was in the amateurs i was a kid and it was in Belfast against Francis Barrett (who actually trained in my gym.)
    All action, superfit and aggresive as a pitbull. Amazing. When he turned pro i was watching, every fight the same, quick to the middle of the ring and straight to the body. He never held back then...Always makes me nervous as im afraid he';ll get stopped on a cut or tire early.
    Just amazing.

Never got behind a fighter like i did Ricky (with the exception of Mr.Ali of course.)

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was in the amateurs i was a kid and it was in Belfast against Francis Barrett (who actually trained in my gym.)
    All action, superfit and aggresive as a pitbull. Amazing. When he turned pro i was watching, every fight the same, quick to the middle of the ring and straight to the body. He never held back then...Always makes me nervous as im afraid he';ll get stopped on a cut or tire early.
    Just amazing.

Never got behind a fighter like i did Ricky (with the exception of Mr.Ali of course.)
    yeh i know man, i grew up not far from hattersley where hatton is from so its easy to relate to his sense of humour and his background. also he's a city fan and i am so it was inevitable that i would start following him.

i used to get behind naseem but i was a bit younger back then and obviously wasn't into it as much as i am these days.

i get behind all the british guys anyway......david haye, enzo, joe c, kahn, mitchell, murray...even witter (i met him just before he beat viv and he let me hold his belt so we're cool )

kinda want david haye to get put on his arse because my gf fancies him on the sly

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just amazing.

yeh i know man, i grew up not far from hattersley where hatton is from so its easy to relate to his sense of humour and his background. also he's a city fan and i am so it was inevitable that i would start following him.

i used to get behind naseem but i was a bit younger back then and obviously wasn't into it as much as i am these days.

i get behind all the british guys anyway......david haye, enzo, joe c, kahn, mitchell, murray...even witter (i met him just before he beat viv and he let me hold his belt so we're cool )

kinda want david haye to get put on his a*** because my gf fancies him on the sly
    The uk is pretty blessed with some really talented fighters right now.
    Wish i could say the same for Ireland, McBride is a joke, i always suspected Dunne of being a pretender, i think Duddy will fail short of the top. Andy Lee is my one true hope. He will be World Champ.
    Matty Hatton boxed last weekend didnt he. I dunno if he'll make it but it'd be cool to see him on top.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just amazing.

kinda want david haye to get put on his a*** because my gf fancies him on the sly
    The uk is pretty blessed with some really talented fighters right now.
    Wish i could say the same for Ireland, McBride is a joke, i always suspected Dunne of being a pretender, i think Duddy will fail short of the top. Andy Lee is my one true hope. He will be World Champ.
    Matty Hatton boxed last weekend didnt he. I dunno if he'll make it but it'd be cool to see him on top.
    yeh andy lee looks the real deal....

i always though dunne was the tier below world class tbh

i like duddy...he's exciting

i don't think matty has what it takes.....i like him (even tho he's a red) but he doesn't have what it takes to get to the top IMO.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Matty's a red I never knew that!

Thread Information