Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Smile KEVIN MITCHELL Vs AMIR KHAN

Hi boxing fans!I'd just like to mention what i think is a well known factor in the noble art game,is the fact that there are more mouth watering bouts in any division below the Big Heavyweight which is a real shame but a real fact.And a fact thats been going since the days of Lewis,Tyson.Hopefully things will change sooner rather then later!My point of view is that theres so much action dominating the Bantamweight,Lightweight,juniorweight,Middleweight ,Supermiddleweight,which is fantasic theres no dought about that!Would'nt it be great to have a match up between Mitchell Vs Khan?Two great young boxers "Which" their are,battling it out toe to toe to prove who is the next future IBF Lightweight holder in the country.I see Big Maccanelli and Dvid Haye are up for it...Which is BRILLIANT for the Cruiserweight division.So lets see Mitchell Vs Khan go toe to toe,that would be fantastic.I know it will happen sooner or later..hopefully not far away,maybe 18months away.Anyone interested in seeing that match up??I look forward to any replys.THANKS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: KEVIN MITCHELL Vs AMIR KHAN

I feel Khan is just to big, and has the edge on talent. When Mitchell makes the move to Lightweight, Khan may well be looking to move up himself. Mitchell would be more up for the fight than all Khan's opponents to date, and would make it interesting for a while, but not much more.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I feel Kahn is much more talented. I think a better fight would be Mitchell - Murray personally. Probably more exciting.

I also don't think Warren will put Mitchell and Kahn in together.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Smile Re: KEVIN MITCHELL Vs AMIR KHAN

I understand Khan having much greater upper body strength than he did when he was in the olympics which was a obvious matter after he turned pro,but i still think Mitchell would get the better of him.Im not saying it would be a walk in a park.Let me be realistic here..Khan has the all the speed and power which in result he has not been tested fully on the button (CHIN)only once he has by Limmond and what was the outcome of that...Of course he went down.And that was from a opponant who the boxing media said had'nt got a K.O punch!So having Khan recieving a opportunatey punch from Mitchell will only have one outcome and would be Mitchell being the victor.
    Khan has a suspicious button(chin).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by yvonne View Post
    I understand Khan having much greater upper body strength than he did when he was in the olympics which was a obvious matter after he turned pro,but i still think Mitchell would get the better of him.Im not saying it would be a walk in a park.Let me be realistic here..Khan has the all the speed and power which in result he has not been tested fully on the button (CHIN)only once he has by Limmond and what was the outcome of that...Of course he went down.And that was from a opponant who the boxing media said had'nt got a K.O punch!So having Khan recieving a opportunatey punch from Mitchell will only have one outcome and would be Mitchell being the victor.
    Khan has a suspicious button(chin).
    I'm not arguing with that! He's fought not many bangers, and been knocked down twice in his pro career. I thought he was rocked in his last fight against again, a not very big puncher.

We all know the crack with Warren, he's not going to put him in a risky fight, ITV will bs the audience saying how "difficult" his next fight is and "this fight is his biggest test" etc.

I rate Khan, but I'm being selfish, I'd like to see him fight a big banger, let's see how his chin takes it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Warren is well aware of the questionable nature of Khans chin... talk is that Jonathan Thaxton priced himself out of being Khans next opponent.

Maybe he did or maybe this was Warrens way of keeping Khans whiskers well away from the power of Thaxton ?

I hope Khan is the real deal - he could be sooooo good for British boxing.
    'To speak with his equal and irish man is forced to talk with God...'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hope Khan becomes a great prospect for the country and dominate the world title scene when and after he wins his challenged of the IBF title.He has got the tools to do the job."Boy has he got the hand speed as well as increasing power to throw hard fast punches from ever angle!"He improves on every fight.I hope he'll do great,and im sure he will.His chin is a bit suspect with Willy Limond proving that last year.I know that i might seem a bit sort sighted by saying this,but i would think that Kevin Mitchell would prove a real tough battle for Khan...If their would ever get it on with each other.Now that would be another great domestic bout.I know the fact of the lbs difference of 4lbs and the other factor that Promoter,Frank Warren,would'nt be contempt with the idea,but i do feel that there will be a chase up from Mitchell position to actually have the fight arranged somewhere along the line,maybe 2 years time.Well im hoping so and i'll keep my eyes and ears open on the two in the near future.GOOD LUCK 4 MITCHELL ON THE UNDERCARD FIGHT ON SATURDAY 8TH MARCH NIGHT!!!
    Last edited by yvonne; 03-04-2008 at 11:01 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ono View Post
    I feel Kahn is much more talented. I think a better fight would be Mitchell - Murray personally. Probably more exciting.

I also don't think Warren will put Mitchell and Kahn in together.

I'm with you here Ono, Khan even now would be to big & strong for Mitchell a better match for Kevin would be Murray but it's a fight I can see him losing ,last night against Johanneson there were rounds where he looked really amateur he took a lot of blows unnecessaily

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

With Mitchel putting on such a gritty display Saturaday night, speculation of a bout with Kahn was inevitable. However, I have a few issues with these talks.
    Why must we expend our young talent by fighting them all against each other 7ntil only one can progress successfully?

If we have two fighters rom the same country at one weight we fight them against each other to judge who is best to represent us on the international stage, often forgetting about the loser, or worse putting his efforts afterward down as second best to the original victor.

I feel demanding that two talents from two different wights be pitted against each other, is just as petty of us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hi their Boxing fans!Does anyone know who Kevin Mitchell will fight on the undercard of the Lockett Vs Pavlik fight on this week end(7th june).

Im over the Moon that Kevin Mitchell is finally going to get it on with Alex Aurthur at the end of the year.I've been waiting for this fight to happen but i was unsure that Warren would want his two fighters fighting it out with one another.....but it'll be on for sure.I cant wait for that one.Should be a great domestic bout!!!.I did mention a couple of months ago that it would get pulled off,and im right

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would really like to see this fight but i cant see it happening for a long while. I think Mitchell is a average sized super feather while Khan is a big lightweight. I think if they were both naturally the same weight, Khan would outbox Mitchell quite comfortably but Kev would be fighting all the way and could ko Khan. However i feel there is 2 big a weight discrepancy.
    Khan is talented but there has to be certain question marks about his chin. I also feel he is starting to get very arrogant, his teams treatment of Oliver Harrison was poor, and was lucky to escape jail for hitting that pedestrian in his car.
    What i really dont want to happen is for Khan to move up to light welter in 18 months time and beat a fading Hatton. Hopefully Hatton gets out by then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hope to god this fight doesnt come about for another 2-3 years.

Kev Mitchell is a mate of a mate of a mate and is actually a really nice fella, id hate to see amir do a number on him and he really is just best sticking to the 130 division and fighting guys like gomez and arthur.

Thread Information