Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fighters chasing $ instead of the best.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Fighters chasing $ instead of the best.

This has been a real thorn in my side for a while.The guys who would rather fight the fighter who offers more money than the guy who would make the best fight or deserves the fight!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Fighters chasing $ instead of the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Klitschkofan
    This has been a real thorn in my side for a while.The guys who would rather fight the fighter who offers more money than the guy who would make the best fight or deserves the fight!
    sad to say man, all these fighters who chase the money were hungry before too. but then they tasted a lil green now they're too good to be hurt or to be pitted against a tough competition. thats the reason why i only spend my own money to buy ppv events of lower weight classes than spending 50 bucks watching guys fighting as if they are not there to make us fans happy. in reality, none of these fighters made it big if it wasnt for us buying their fights.. sad sad sad
    "speed is the essence of war"
    sun tzu-art of war

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I guess so... But it's not as if there are even fighters out there who wouldn't do the same unless they felt the time/scenario wasn't right... If you can make more money to take less of a challenge, it will happen that way.. And at the end of the day it comes down to the fans, if there are enough people who are educated about the fight game, then the best challenger should be the best payday for a fighter. But if not, then you can't fault the fighter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by josef4334
    sad to say man, all these fighters who chase the money were hungry before too. but then they tasted a lil green now they're too good to be hurt or to be pitted against a tough competition. thats the reason why i only spend my own money to buy ppv events of lower weight classes than spending 50 bucks watching guys fighting as if they are not there to make us fans happy. in reality, none of these fighters made it big if it wasnt for us buying their fights.. sad sad sad
    Yea that is why I didn't even for 1 minute think of ordering the De La Hoys VS Mayweather fight.Most of the good "fights", are the undercard fights anyhow.Some of the PPV lately have been real snorefests.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Saladfingers
    I guess so... But it's not as if there are even fighters out there who wouldn't do the same unless they felt the time/scenario wasn't right... If you can make more money to take less of a challenge, it will happen that way.. And at the end of the day it comes down to the fans, if there are enough people who are educated about the fight game, then the best challenger should be the best payday for a fighter. But if not, then you can't fault the fighter.
    Well I guess I have been listening to Wladimir Klitschko to much then because all he want's is to fight the best out there and prove it to himself he is the best, he has never mentioned the money factor, he want's to fight first for himself then the fans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree that it's frustrating but you can't really blame the fighters. You can't name me more than 5 boxers who have a steady flow of income after they retire. 99% of these guys aren't trained to do anything else after boxing so you have to make as much as you can.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i know what you're saying man.. but come on.. just like how marquez declined the rematch against pacman coz he thought he was getting less money and he ended up fighting in indonesia for $30k and got cheated.. come on man.. how is this attitude gonna make boxing more marketable to the casual fans how do we get more people to watch boxing?
    "speed is the essence of war"
    sun tzu-art of war

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well I guess I have been listening to Wladimir Klitschko to much then because all he want's is to fight the best out there and prove it to himself he is the best, he has never mentioned the money factor, he want's to fight first for himself then the fans.
    The fact that you belive him in such statements just makes you all the less credible.. Who has W. Klit fought recently... Was Ray Austin a big challenge to him?? Chris Byrd Fighters will take big challenges when they absolutely need to to revive their reputation/careers, or when that fighter also brings in the highest payday.. Otherwise, they are looking for the most money, period. Put yourself in the mindstate of a pro fighter for one second. You'd take a tougher challenge for less money?!?!? WHY? More money means more fans of the sport would pay, or tune in to watch you fight a certain guy. Whether that fighter happens to be the toughest challenge is not the biggest issue for a boxer. If you can't realize this maybe your not quite as sharp as I imagined.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

BOTTOM LINE THIS IS A JOB. FAMILY FIRST YOU HAVE TO TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF AND YOUR FAMILY SO THEREFORE YOU TAKE THE JOB WITH THE MOST MONEY JUST LIKE ANY PERSON DOES IN A NORMAL JOB. ITS JUST LIKE ANY OTHER SPORT WHEN A PERSON LEAVES A TEAM FOR ANOTHER TEAM OFFERING THEM MORE MONEY MAN ITS BUISNESS REALIZE THAT AND GET OFF THESE FIGHTERS BACK AND LET THEM TAKE CARE OF THEIR FAMILY.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The fact that you belive him in such statements just makes you all the less credible.. Who has W. Klit fought recently... Was Ray Austin a big challenge to him?? Chris Byrd Fighters will take big challenges when they absolutely need to to revive their reputation/careers, or when that fighter also brings in the highest payday.. Otherwise, they are looking for the most money, period. Put yourself in the mindstate of a pro fighter for one second. You'd take a tougher challenge for less money?!?!? WHY? More money means more fans of the sport would pay, or tune in to watch you fight a certain guy. Whether that fighter happens to be the toughest challenge is not the biggest issue for a boxer. If you can't realize this maybe your not quite as sharp as I imagined.
    Good point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You are telling me because I believe what Wladimir says it makes my statements less credible!Who the hell are you!I thought I might get an intelligent response from most posters and I did but you went and ruined it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good point.
    Who is he fighting next?Brewster the guy who beat him!He is doing it to redeem himself and prove it to the fans!Not the money!

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You are telling me because I believe what Wladimir says it makes my statements less credible!Who the hell are you!I thought I might get an intelligent response from most posters and I did but you went and ruined it.
    lol, you didn't even respond... Unless my browser is broken you just quoted my response but didn't add anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

lol, you didn't even respond... Unless my browser is broken you just quoted my response but didn't add anything
    Your browser must be broken.

Thread Information