Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Dillian Whyte v Lucas Browne - 24/3/18 - O2 London

I am amazed some of you picked Browne to win? And win in the late rounds? I mean, give Whyte some credit- the stoppage was all but certain by the time the weigh in. Browne had no chance against an agile, tough, committed and in shape Whyte.

Browne could have seen the tenth if Whyte eased off of him. But there was no way he was going past ten.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Wilder may as well fight Whyte, as he's unlikely to get a shot at AJ anyway. Been reading that AJ will turn down a 50-50 split with Wilder if and when they have a unification fight. He'll also insist the fight be held in the UK because, in the words of AJ, he's the much bigger draw. I like both fighters (AJ and Wilder), but it seems AJ's closing the door on a possible fight down the road before negotiations even begin. I wonder why that is.
    AJ is playing hard ball with those demands but so is Wilder with his 50%. They will compromise in the end because AJ wants to unify and Wilder wants to cash out as he is likely to lose.

C'mon. They're both heavyweight champions. The promotion when the fight's made will be huge... lots of angles. One's British... the other from the U.S. You can argue which one's the bigger draw and you'd probably right by picking AJ, simply because Americans have been slow to warm up to Wilder. But all that would change with the prospect of a unification fight. Why should Wilder settle for a lesser cut? It's a unification fight, meaning they both have titles. If they made the fight right now, I'd probably pick AJ.... but I wouldn't be surprised to see Wilder win.

If AJ really wants the fight, he'll be reasonable in his demands. Saying he's got plenty of other good fights to make is a copout, and not what the fans want to hear.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Wilder may as well fight Whyte, as he's unlikely to get a shot at AJ anyway. Been reading that AJ will turn down a 50-50 split with Wilder if and when they have a unification fight. He'll also insist the fight be held in the UK because, in the words of AJ, he's the much bigger draw. I like both fighters (AJ and Wilder), but it seems AJ's closing the door on a possible fight down the road before negotiations even begin. I wonder why that is.
    AJ is playing hard ball with those demands but so is Wilder with his 50%. They will compromise in the end because AJ wants to unify and Wilder wants to cash out as he is likely to lose.

C'mon. They're both heavyweight champions. The promotion when the fight's made will be huge... lots of angles. One's British... the other from the U.S. You can argue which one's the bigger draw and you'd probably right by picking AJ, simply because Americans have been slow to warm up to Wilder. But all that would change with the prospect of a unification fight. Why should Wilder settle for a lesser cut? It's a unification fight, meaning they both have titles. If they made the fight right now, I'd probably pick AJ.... but I wouldn't be surprised to see Wilder win.

If AJ really wants the fight, he'll be reasonable in his demands. Saying he's got plenty of other good fights to make is a copout, and not what the fans want to hear.
    Nothing would give me more pleasure than Wilder getting even 25% of £100 million as an example. That will butt hurt Eddie. More pressure will be on AJ to unify and I am sure they will come to an agreement eventually.

Wilder could easily beat Whyte, that would make the unification even more attractive.
    Last edited by Master; 03-26-2018 at 12:26 PM.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You Brits are so soft!!!
    Wouldn't even show a replay of the KO... Why broadcast the fight at all?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We need to ask the question...would a 52 year old Ortiz beat a 28 year old Whyte?

Wilder beat Ortiz and knocked him out.. but Wilder has weak boxing skills and got hurt in the process.

Wilder vs Whyte would be interesting and might benefit Whyte to come in at the same weight or a few pounds lighter.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    If promoters cannot sell Whyte v Wilder they are not made for the gig.
    That's not a problem, Wilder has been turning down fortunes to face Whyte, he'll turndown even more now.
    I think the onus is on Wilder and with Whyte off needed U.S exposure and sitting as his mandatory it's a perfect bridge to reach what he says is his goal, a showdown with AJ. The man was on the brink of being sparked vs Ortiz and his flaws shine as brightly as his strengths. Besides..he ducks no one right . He'll have the UK fan appeal and a legit comparable opponent to AJ with win over Whyte.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought Whyte looked pretty good here, he is clearly no mug, looked strong and quick, he is a big fellow too.

Browne looked really horrible though, really makes me think there is more to his doping positives that bad luck, he's never been that great but he was done and breathing hard two minutes into the fight :S Whyte did very good though, I think most boxers would have struggled to finish the giant Browne off with as much style as he did...

My prediction is the wba eventually enforce the fight with wilder after wilder makes a dodgy defence next, Wilder being the yappy guy he is says something to upset Whyte(hard to do:S) at a press conference small fight ensues, team wilder calls for Whyte to be banned and so on, fight gets called off and never happens :S

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Browne was absolutely shit. I think Whyte is a good fighter, but anyone would have looked good against Browne

He was clueless, unless his plan was to keep stumbling forward and getting hit in the face, he had no fight tactics or plan at all. No defence, no combinations, hands low, appalling technique, lumbering footwork

He knew he was outclassed and he tried to con his way into the fight with exaggerated hand movements, strange head feints and complaints to the ref.

The guy couldn't fight at all.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No wonder the fat useless lump felt he had to take so many PEDs that he failed two drug tests. Unlike Dillian, who has only failed one that led to a two year ban.

Cheating bastards
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've seen Browne fight a few times before and although he has always looked like sh-t, he was never that bad. It looks like everything caught up with him at once.

I must say they both looked terrible in the first, at least Whyte warmed up and started to let his hands go.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had never seen Browne fight before that’s why I didn’t predict the winner for the saddo prediction thread thing. He looked awful. Whyte did what he needed to. That’s about the extent of the fight.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    No wonder the fat useless lump felt he had to take so many PEDs that he failed two drug tests. Unlike Dillian, who has only failed one that led to a two year ban.

Cheating bastards
    Completely agree.

Make me sick as well.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    You Brits are so soft!!!
    Wouldn't even show a replay of the KO... Why broadcast the fight at all?
    Yea. With HBO you would have seen that ko replay at least six times from six different angles before the end of the telecast. I was looking forward to it. I think women are involved somehow. lololol....
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Set Dillian up nicely 👍

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Browne was simply hopeless he was outboxed and he took a bit of a beating in truth he was well below World level he had no defence whatsoever
    he walked forward getting punched in the face that was about it.

Thread Information