Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Ufc 84

Really looking foward 2 the 3 big main fights,think this is the best UFC card 4 quite a while. Machida Vs Tito will all b about Machidas TDD,I fancy Tito 4 this,I think he can take Machida down a few times and GnP himself out a points win.Wand Vs Jardine,I really want 2 see the old Axe Murderer back!! Kicking Jardine all over the cage,thats what my heart says.My head says we see Wand struggle in the 1st round with a very akward Jardine,then he catches Jardine in the 2nd and stops him.Penn Vs Sherk is hard 2 predict,if Penn comes in,in shape I think he'll find a way 2 win.I dont think Penns going 2 come in,in shape and I think Sherks going 2 get a UD.I wont get 2 see this till Sunday night,I wont b coming back in here till I see it,so feel free 2 post the results etc and if your British and dont want the results spoilt,stay out the post!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Ufc 84

Well Ortiz was never going to win that one, that was apparent from the end of the first round where Machida showed he was actually the stronger man. Good effort from Tito though and I really wish he would have been able to pull out that triangle late in the fight that could not of been more great.

The main event was a bit of a letdown although not at the same time. I was really surprised it was all stand up like that and how after 3 rounds of no clinch or ground action, Rogan said he looks unstoppable. That just ate away at me a bit. I'm relieved though that it was a fairly entertaining boxing match really that it wasn't lay and pray action. And the knockout was pretty good although a bit bizarre.

Wanderlei Silva just walked through Jardine, not an upset or even incredibly surprising but scary to watch.

My favorite part of the night was watching Sokoudjo defeat Nakamura. Sokoudjo is the man and he said after, "just one word, Shogun", that would be fucking awesome.
    Last edited by amat; 05-25-2008 at 06:28 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1st things 1st WAR WAND Im hoping we've got the old Wand back and he's got over what ever problems he had,but a flash K.O does'nt tell the whole story! Sherks game plan was all wrong! It was clear he was losing the stand up,why not go 2 plan B? get in close,go 4 the clinch/takedown whatever,which just happens 2 b the Sherks bread n butter!? Think sherk was trying 2 prove a poinwith standing with Penn,either that or Sherk had done someting with that right hand. Tito just could'nt do anything with Machida,Machida is lookin scary! He's just so fast,he cant b pinned down.Machida is going 2 b akward 4 any fighter in the World! He's not the most exciting fighter 2 watch,but I could make a case 4 him beating any LHW,I think with Chucks range he'd stand the better chance of catching Machida or maybe a fit Shogun. Shodoko? looked good aswell,like 2 see him in there with Chuck or Wand,I think Wand V Rampage 3 is looking the most likelyest atm *

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sherk tried a takedown in the first and couldn't get it then he must have lost his head or something. but who could beat Penn at 155 if sherk cant' even land a takedown? Machida looked smooth and landed a double kick good to see TKD in the octagon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by tkdboy View Post
    Sherk tried a takedown in the first and couldn't get it then he must have lost his head or something. but who could beat Penn at 155 if sherk cant' even land a takedown? Machida looked smooth and landed a double kick good to see TKD in the octagon.
    He may have been waiting 4 Penn 2 tire before going 4 the TD,I think Gomi would beat Penn,despite what happend in the last fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If he made Penn avoid the takedown he wouuld have tired faster. I do think that was his plan going in. I think Bj Penn would out box Gomi all day I don't think Gomi would have a clear advantage in any area.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by tkdboy View Post
    If he made Penn avoid the takedown he wouuld have tired faster. I do think that was his plan going in. I think Bj Penn would out box Gomi all day I don't think Gomi would have a clear advantage in any area.
    Penns got a good chin,but Gomi would defo have the advantage in stand up,he hits hard 4 a little fella,he's K.O a lot!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As much as I detest BJ Penn, and I really really can't stand him there is nobody at 155 anywhere in the world who will trouble him when he's on form.

I'd love to see Mac Danzig or Nate Diaz choke him out but let's be real it wouldn't happen.

Penn has simply dominated Sherk and Stevenson in his last two fights and is likely to be dominant at this weight.

I hope I'm wrong though.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think he beats Florian or Huerta, I would love to see him face someone like Clay Guida or Tyson Griffin. I'm very partial to Tyson but I think anyone is going to have a big problem with Tyson's strength and Guida's pace could give him some problems maybe. Technically he is superior to everyone though or at least it seems. Don't think GSP is the right fight for him though and 155 is definitely deep enough where he doesn't have to venture up in order to be challenged.

Thread Information