Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Assignment for the Saddo's training section.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Assignment for the Saddo's training section.

Hey Guys I have a challenge for you all!
    Today (05-Feb-0 I'm just 3 days away from my national Championships. I'm sparring hard up until tomorrow and I'm probably a kilo or so over the weight limit as I had to kill training a few weeks ago because of training.

So tonight I'm embarking on a session which will polish my technique and help me shed the last remaining pounds that I need.
    I'd like it if you guys would post a workout you would reccommnd to me just so I can compare with my own plan and see can I learn anything from you guys.

Hopefully this excercise will allow us to learn from each other and point out each others flaws, (In a constructive manner!!!)

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Assignment for the Saddo's training section.

If youre not ready now you never will be. Go for a nice walk you wont pull anything plus it will calm you down. Keep well wrapped up enjoy.
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ha Ha I thought you'd say that Scrap!

I'm ready it's just my style to keep working up until the last minute as I tend to rust easily if you know what I mean?
    These fights for me are expierience to be used as a learning tool so to me they do mean a lot, but are also just hard training.

Tonight I'll:
    Skip 6 rds
    Spar 6 rds or so
    Do some sprints on an indoor court.
    4 or 5 sets of sit ups.

Stretch every muscle group.
    Do an extended warmup working to loosen every joint and try promote synovial fluid.
    Do some flexibility excercises.
    Hope to God my weight is spot on!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Im like you Donny if I have a fight coming up I always train until the last minute and every time I regret it cus I end up feeling fatigued on fight day. I always tell myself next time im gunna rest for a few days or have a light training session but it never works out like that!!

I would say having a good stretching sess is a top idea but just be carefull in your sparring!!
    Nothings Sweeter Than Sugar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I find staying away from all meat except for tuna lets me drop a amount significant weight within about 2 days if I have been eating it before. That's one no stress way to drop a little weight.

I'm 600 g lighter in the morning than at night as long as I'm not dehydrated when I go to bed otherwise my body holds onto a bit more. Bigger people would loose more weight. Do you weigh yourself morning and night? I assume you do and you know all this but just in case. Are you 1 kg over in the morning or only at night?

Complex carbohydrates also hold water so if you stay away from pasta, rice, bread, bananas, potatoes etc the day before the weigh in you'll loose weight easily. You can still get energy from simple carbohydrates in most fruit etc and high GI foods.

In the morning straight after the weigh in you can maybe eat something with some complex carbs would be good though if you have at least 5 hours before competing.

I took my own scales to the national titles so i could watch my weight like a hawk. It's a good idea to compare them directly to the test scales just in case they're out a bit though. My scales were accurate but the team manager brought a cheap set along that weighed everyone 1 kg over and had most of the guys stressing out when they didn't have to!

As for training - yeah I think taper - you go at 110 % all the time judging by your training posts so tapering would be especially beneficial for you!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Boxerharvey View Post
    Im like you Donny if I have a fight coming up I always train until the last minute and every time I regret it cus I end up feeling fatigued on fight day. I always tell myself next time im gunna rest for a few days or have a light training session but it never works out like that!!

I would say having a good stretching sess is a top idea but just be carefull in your sparring!!
    Hey Harvey! Appreciate your advice mate thanks! I'll hit you with some Karma in a minute!
    Sparring last night was rough, got some grazing on the nose and cheek, but more importantly I finalised the ideas I'm going to use Friday.

Sharla, I'm gonna bump your karma too! You're posts alwys put my mind at ease because you reiterate my own ideas!!!

I think I'm correct weight now but when I eat it's having a big impact for the hours directly after so I won't eat Friday morning, I'll weigh in early and then I'll get some carbs and protein into me.

I have this protein shake, it actually helps when taken after training to stop pain in the muscles, but I intend to drink some of that after the weigh in to put a quick halt to my body tiring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hey Donny let us know how you get on in your Nationals Championships. I won my Nationals last July (kickboxing though not boxing) got to defend the title this July.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cool Thats brilliant Harvey, what weight do you fight at? You may know a friend of mine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I fight at under 70kgs Black belt section. Although it seems this year i am only just making that section may have to go up to under 75kgs.
    One of the biggest tornemonts is actually the Irish Open Championships in March but due to work and the lack of funds I havent been able to make it!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We're the same weight man! My weight is under 71, but it's not worth it anymore and after Sunday I'm aiming for 75....
    One of my good friends and a sparring partner won the European and world under 21's at 75kg this year (kickboxing)

Thread Information