Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Winky's weight rise a one off

'Winky' Wright says his move up in weight to fight Bernard Hopkins is "a one-shot deal".

http://www.itv-boxing.com/News/Story...601361,00.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Winky's weight rise a one off

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn

'Winky' Wright says his move up in weight to fight Bernard Hopkins is "a one-shot deal".

I think if he wins, i see him taking on Calzaghe at 168 if Calzaghe beats Kessler, Winky travels and is willing to fight anyone, he was also calling Calzaghe out after he beat lacy, id like to see that fight, but Hopkins looks a lot bigger than Winky which could be a problem on Saturday, i think if Hopkins wins it will be harder to get Joe and Hopkins in the ring, we know Hopkins wont come to the uk, and is the money there for Joe to come to the Usa? Who knows.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983

I think if he wins, i see him taking on Calzaghe at 168 if Calzaghe beats Kessler, Winky travels and is willing to fight anyone, he was also calling Calzaghe out after he beat lacy, id like to see that fight, but Hopkins looks a lot bigger than Winky which could be a problem on Saturday, i think if Hopkins wins it will be harder to get Joe and Hopkins in the ring, we know Hopkins wont come to the uk, and is the money there for Joe to come to the Usa? Who knows.
    I think HBO want Calzaghe-Hopkins, so if the fighters want it, it'll be a done deal me thinks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think HBO want Calzaghe-Hopkins, so if the fighters want it, it'll be a done deal me thinks.
    I think its a little bit more complexed than that mate, we will see, Hopkins has been quoted as saying Calzaghe is a good fighter but is not big enough for me to take seriously right now, so i honestly dont see Hopkins really wanting Calzaghe, he is still seen as not much in America. I see Hopkins taking RJJ if he wins on saturday, thats why im gunning for Winky as i feel this is an easier fight to make.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The only thing that concerns me about Winky not winning this fight is a bogus decision and the weight. If the weight's not a problem and he does what he always does he should comfortably outwork Hopkins.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's treading on new turf on sat, i think it totally depends on the outcome of the fight and how comfortable he feels at this weight.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think its a little bit more complexed than that mate, we will see, Hopkins has been quoted as saying Calzaghe is a good fighter but is not big enough for me to take seriously right now, so i honestly dont see Hopkins really wanting Calzaghe, he is still seen as not much in America. I see Hopkins taking RJJ if he wins on saturday, thats why im gunning for Winky as i feel this is an easier fight to make.
    Jones stated in his post fight interview after his Hanshaw win that he would fight anybody except for Bernard Hopkins cos he didn't want to give Hopkins any money.

However that kind of animosity could well escalate into a personal grudge between the two so I too see Hopkins vs Jones Jr 2 very much on the cards.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo

Jones stated in his post fight interview after his Hanshaw win that he would fight anybody except for Bernard Hopkins cos he didn't want to give Hopkins any money.

However that kind of animosity could well escalate into a personal grudge between the two so I too see Hopkins vs Jones Jr 2 very much on the cards.
    Could escalate? These guys have hated each other for years, I think Roy is scared because he knows he really lost the first fight.

Thread Information