Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Brock vs Sam Peter

i dont think Brock could beat sam peter or James toney for that matter

i was more impressed by brocks prefight documentary then the preformance lol

Brock would get out played by toney,and KTFO out6 by peter

other than that he seems like a great guy and Well rounded so i do like him but i wanna see him in a super fight where he needs to go to the trenches and come back out again

anyway do my saddo bro's and Siss's agree or disagree??

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Brock vs Sam Peter

I agree, especially with the statement "Brock is good of everything, but not great at anything"

I think he should get a title shot though, but he still needs a little work.

for you
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by means2184
    i do like him but i wanna see him in a super fight where he needs to go to the trenches and come back out again

If you ask'd Calvin Brock he would prob say that was the McCline fight. HA!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree, I think toney is too experienced for brock and brock has very weak defence , so if peter lands a huge shot, brock could be in trouble

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd take Brock over Peter, but not over an inshape Toney right now.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

El Kabong Guest

Brock is as good as his opponent...which makes him pretty bad at times. Zuri Lawrence gave him hell for a while.

I think Brock's power is more legit than Sam Peter's because the big punches he has landed have been technically sound and just good short punches. Sam swings like a wild man.

The problem the division has is we have too many title holders who won't fight each other for 1 reason or another which basically gives us 4 different divisions IBF, WBC, WBA, WBO. And the same people keep getting title shots, I'm sure Ruiz and Toney will get some soon, and the young stars aren't able to climb the ladder like they need they are inexperienced when they get to the big time contenders and title holders.

The division does need fights like Brock-Peter though...it needs to seperate the good from the bad and the ugly

El Kabong Guest

and not as a Wlad fan, but objectively I can tell you Wlad would humiliate Calvin Brock. Cal likes being on the inside too much and he's too short to fight on the outside and honestly Brock doesn't like being hit, his chin is a HUGE question mark because McCline knocked him down.

I'll favor Brock to outbox Peter then Peter catches him with power in the middle rounds and end the fight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As I keep saying over & over & over...I want to be a believer in Brock...but he's got several weaknesses & thus far proven...his chin aint one of 'em...then again...he hasn't been hit by any punchers with knockout power other than McCline & Etienne.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

El Kabong Guest

I like Calvin he's from my homestate but he seems VERY average when he fights...I think it's due to Yankello who did the same thing with Paul Spadafora

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

calvin brock is another heavyweight joke we have we have to suffer watching...I DON'T EVER WANT TO SEE ANOTHER OF HIS FIGHTS...unless his getting his a$s whipped by wlady...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    I like Calvin he's from my homestate but he seems VERY average when he fights...I think it's due to Yankello who did the same thing with Paul Spadafora
    Yeah...I'll agree that he's a bit on the average side...but he does entertain & does the best he can do & that's good enough for me.

He aint one of my favs...but I like to see him compete.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Brock seems like a nice guy.......humble etc. Problem is that once again, the boxing media was blowing this dude up a bit and then when I see him, its a little bit of a let down. His power is good but he has no jab to speak of, he's not very fast and his defence needs work.

I would like to see him fight Briggs, I also wouldn't mind seeing him in the ring with Brewster but I really don't think that this guy is ready to be a top level contender.

As Lyle said above, he would outbox Peter and then get caught somewhere in the middle rounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

other than that he seems like a great guy and Well rounded so i do like him but i wanna see him in a super fight where he needs to go to the trenches and come back out again

I agree with everything expect wanting to see him fight again. I would rather watch golf in slow motion , then sit through another one of his fights again.. That was the most boring heavyweight match ever !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Samuel Peter would look a little awkward for a while against Brock, but then would catch him and win by TKO or KO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would have to agree with you.....Brock doesn't seem to have the "KILLER INSTINCT" like the Foremans, Tysons or any other dominant HW of any era....
    It feels good to be back home.

Thread Information