Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: After Wlad ko's Haye in the 12th, where will he stand on the All Time Greats list?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default After Wlad ko's Haye in the 12th, where will he stand on the All Time Greats list?

The Klits are the biggest, strongest, most athletic heavyweight boxersof all-time. Plus, they hit hard. They are certainly faster than any boxer I can remember for their size. They've got amazingly quick reflexes. I see them dodging most punches by backing straight up, like Ali. They have dominated the heavyweight division like no other champions.

Now we get to see if Wlad can call the round like Ali. Punish another great fighter like Haye. I've watched Haye. He's a great fighter. Fast, hits like a horse kicks.

But watch the Klits. I saw somebody criticize them for their jab, jab, jab, LOL. Amazing that someone would criticize them for that! LOL. I've always heard the jab was the greatest weapon and sets up everything else.

But it's more than just a jab, jab, jab. Watch them closely. Watch their eyes. They are watching their opponent intently, punishing him with the jab while they watch and focus on and watch and watch their opponent's pattern and figure out exactly how they are going to take him apart.

It (usually) takes 10 to 20 years for the ATG's to be recognized. I'm going to stick my neck out and say the Klits will be recognized as ATG's. I hope to live to see that happen.

I'm not saying HW p4p ATG's. So please don't throw Marciano at me. I'm saying toe to toe in the ring in their prime ATG's.
    Last edited by Dave Hughey; 04-15-2010 at 07:42 PM.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: After Wlad ko's Haye in the 12th, where will he stand on the All Time Greats list

Wlad is one of the most boring Heavyweights of all time. His record sucks and he has been battered by 3 nobodies!
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: After Wlad ko's Haye in the 12th, where will he stand on the All Time Greats list

The Klitschko brothers are good and I recognize they have skill, but I must admit, it has always pained me to see them beat up on smaller fighters then them (which is like 98% of their opponents).

I have always wanted to see them fight someone who would be about the same size and see how they fair. (Lewis was one of those rare occasions)
    That's why, even though it wouldnt have been that great, I would have liked to see Valuev in there with a Klitschko...
    Ah well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hughey View Post
    The Klits are the biggest, strongest real heavyweight boxing athletes of all-time. Plus, they hit hard. They are certainly faster than any athlete I can remember for their size. They've got amazingly quick reflexes. I see them dodging most punches by backing straight up, like Ali. They have dominated the heavyweight division like no other champions.

Now we get to see if Wlad can call the round like Ali. Punish another great fighter like Haye. I've watched Haye. He's a great fighter. Fast, hits like a horse kicks.

But watch the Klits. I saw somebody criticize them for their jab, jab, jab, LOL. Amazing that someone would criticize them for that! LOL. I've always heard the jab was the greatest weapon and sets up everything else.

But it's more than just a jab, jab, jab. Watch them closely. They are watching their opponent intently, punishing him with the jab while they watch and focus on and watch and watch their opponent's pattern and figure out exactly how they are going to take him apart.

It (usually) takes 10 to 20 years for the ATG's to be recognized. I'm going to stick my neck out and say the Klits will be recognized as ATG's I hope to live to see that happen.

I'm not saying HW p4p ATG's. So please don't throw Marciano at me. I'm saying toe to toe in the ring in their prime ATG's.

Best Heavies of all time? Hmmm... Sitting along side names like... Joe Louis, Muhammad Ali, Jack Johnson, George Foreman, Larry Holmes, Jack Dempsey, Sonny Liston, Jim Jeffries, Lennox Lewis, Mike Tyson, Rocky Marciano, Joe Frazier, Evander Holyfield, Gene Tunney, Ezzard Charles, Jersey Joe Walcott...

Maybe Wlad...

They are the most dominant right now and Wlad is surely making a big argument for a legacy...

Wlad will surely be remembered as the best of this era... Without a doubt. Vitali is past it, even though he still holds a portion of the crown... But had a good run years back.

I can say that that's not out of the relm of possibility.
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The wlad haye fight is by no means a foregone conclusion. Also comparing wlad with Ali. Come on dave hughey what the fukk man

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This post is hypothetical bullshit , its not happened so how can we even have an opinion on it.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Vitali is an all time great

Wlad has been beaten by pancakes who the likes of ali, louis etc would beat in there sleep.

If wlad beats haye it`ll be a sad day for heavyweight boxing, it`ll just mean we`ll have to wait for both brothers to retire before we can actually get some parity back into the division
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hattonthehammer View Post
    Vitali is an all time great

Wlad has been beaten by pancakes who the likes of ali, louis etc would beat in there sleep.

If wlad beats haye it`ll be a sad day for heavyweight boxing, it`ll just mean we`ll have to wait for both brothers to retire before we can actually get some parity back into the division
    Some big words from you , not pissed yet ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    This post is hypothetical bullshit , its not happened so how can we even have an opinion on it.

I have an oppinion on everything... Even things that haven't happened yet... and yes, you should have fish for dinner.

You're welcome.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by PRIDE OF BOSTON View Post

I have an oppinion on everything... Even things that haven't happened yet... and yes, you should have fish for dinner.

You're welcome.
    Mike you are all knowledgeable and a credit to this forum , nay you are a credit to mankind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You're welcome.
    Mike you are all knowledgeable and a credit to this forum , nay you are a credit to mankind.
    Why thank you, sir... Have you paid homage to "War" today on this 15th day of April, 25 years to the day?
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The opening post is almost Fantana-esqe
    Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ryanman View Post
    The opening post is almost Fantana-esqe
    I thought the same goddamn thing. But I figured I'd humor it.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You're welcome.
    Why thank you, sir... Have you paid homage to "War" today on this 15th day of April, 25 years to the day?
    Indeed I have great memories

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ninjaspy3 View Post
    The Klitschko brothers are good and I recognize they have skill, but I must admit, it has always pained me to see them beat up on smaller fighters then them (which is like 98% of their opponents).

I have always wanted to see them fight someone who would be about the same size and see how they fair. (Lewis was one of those rare occasions)
    That's why, even though it wouldnt have been that great, I would have liked to see Valuev in there with a Klitschko...
    Ah well.
    Wlad has beaten at LEAST 2 guys bigger than himself, that's probably about the same as Lennox Lewis.

And I can't say this enough WLADIMIR is better than Vitali

Thread Information