Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Eubank Jr to fight Dmitry Chudinov

Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Eubank JR

Eubank Jr it seems is getting a shot at Dimitry Chudinov,for the interim WBA title on the Fury
    under card,!!!!!!! on the Warren bill with Butler Jr fighting for a World title as well.
    Frank must think there is value in Eubank, if he wins and if BJS beats Lee this sets up a rematch
    which people will demand more hype, old Frank is not finished by any means.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Eubank JR

Eubank Jr. appears to be a talent, he needs more experience and possibly a different team around him though... Had he had more experience or a better corner that could have had him box with a plan then he would have won.

Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB View Post
    Eubank Jr. appears to be a talent, he needs more experience and possibly a different team around him though... Had he had more experience or a better corner that could have had him box with a plan then he would have won.
    The thing is if he wins the Title, he will relatively still be a novice he needs more schooling, Jr must
    learn it takes more than relying on a big punch to win a fight.

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB View Post
    The thing is if he wins the Title, he will relatively still be a novice he needs more schooling, Jr must
    learn it takes more than relying on a big punch to win a fight.
    If he wins this he will fight Jacobs for the WBA title I reckon. Then its a unification with Saunders.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Eubank Jr to fight Dmitry Chudinov

I find it strange that after a loss you go into a title fight on potential alone. However he certainly has guts .
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    I find it strange that after a loss you go into a title fight on potential alone. However he certainly has guts .
    Al it's boxing mate strange is not the word, I feel he needs some more learning fights it's a
    fact fighters are not having enough of a apprenticeship, before fighting for titles.

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Al it's boxing mate strange is not the word, I feel he needs some more learning fights it's a
    fact fighters are not having enough of a apprenticeship, before fighting for titles.
    You are talking as if a loss ruins a career. It doesn't. How many Losses does Pacquiao have?

Not even all the judges thought he lost to Saunders who I now have a lot more respect for.

How would Eubank dropping down a level teach him anything? The fighters Saunders neat would not trouble Eubank seeing as Eubank came the closest to getting a decision against him and also pushed him harder than anyone else has.

He has no choice but to keep taking good opponents now to learn.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think anyone has said anything of the sort? In fact I'm pretty sure the unanimous verdict on Eubank Saunders was that a bit of guidance/experience was what cost Eubank the win.

Trying to iron those glaring kinks out on the move is going to be hard work. Talent alone wasn't enough to get Eubank past Saunders, he'll find the going equally as tough if not tougher if he stays at the same level or moves on. Fair play to the kid but common sense to me says sort the corner out then crack on.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    I don't think anyone has said anything of the sort? In fact I'm pretty sure the unanimous verdict on Eubank Saunders was that a bit of guidance/experience was what cost Eubank the win.

Trying to iron those glaring kinks out on the move is going to be hard work. Talent alone wasn't enough to get Eubank past Saunders, he'll find the going equally as tough if not tougher if he stays at the same level or moves on. Fair play to the kid but common sense to me says sort the corner out then crack on.
    Said?

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Never mind. I suspect the response would be the same regardless of how you interpreted it, the Eubanks (like the Fury's) can do no wrong.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What are you on about?

Mentioned
    1674 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Junior did say that even if he did beat BJS he would not have gone and taken a title shot for the very reason that he is relatively inexperienced. This will allow him time to develop and be able to adjust in a fight which is all part of the learning curve of professional boxing.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agreed. Even stranger is that Jr. is not ranked by the WBA. Now this is that "interim" thingy so maybe the same rules don't apply. In addition, the Russian was in the mandatory slot for Jacobs "regular" title.

Good ole Frankie still has a few cards up his sleeve. In a atmosphere where Garcia fights the Salka's of the world which is coming soon if Haymonics gets an NBC contract a guy cant complain to much but it still stinks a little.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I think Junior did say that even if he did beat BJS he would not have gone and taken a title shot for the very reason that he is relatively inexperienced. This will allow him time to develop and be able to adjust in a fight which is all part of the learning curve of professional boxing.

And to get shot of his old man who despite his years and experience is a prized twat and living a bit to vicariously through his son.

Snr is engaging to listen to and quite funny at times but using the 60 seconds between rounds during your childs most important fight as some sort of catwalk is about as retarded as it gets.

Charley Burley

Thread Information