Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Golovkin v Alvarez rematch May 2018

Not sure why you're all talking about GGG winning the WBO belt... Saunders isn't going to fight him and you should all know that by now. The faggot is calling out Amir Khan for fuck sake.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GaMo View Post
    Not sure why you're all talking about GGG winning the WBO belt... Saunders isn't going to fight him and you should all know that by now. The faggot is calling out Amir Khan for fuck sake.
    people are just pissed about having to wait so long for rematch, they would rather see him in a gimme fight before May

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    people are just pissed about having to wait so long for rematch, they would rather see him in a gimme fight before May
    I’m sure Jacobs is available for GGG is he’s that desperate to fight

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You would love that in the hope that Golovkin loses or gets hurt in the process so that the golden child can win in May.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    You would love that in the hope that Golovkin loses or gets hurt in the process so that the golden child can win in May.
    If he’s as good as you think he is then he could be able to beat Jacobs and Alvarez no problem.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I would love it because I think the best should fight the best. Instead of waiting so long to see him vs Canelo again. Then what BJS? When do we get to best vs best?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Knocking out Khan was funny and it added to both the bank account and the highlight reel. Not sure how knocking a guy cold makes you look bad... but if that’s the logic I’ve come to expect from this place. I honestly don’t care if Alvarez and Golovkin beat up Welterweights as every fighter takes a soft fight now and then. You can defend Golovkin for it but he’s the champion (apparently) he should be defending against people in his own division
    Knocking out Khan was funny and it added to both the bank account and the highlight reel. Agreed

Not sure how knocking a guy cold makes you look bad... but if that’s the logic I’ve come to expect from this place. Well you're in luck as I'll explain it to you. The knockout doesn't make him look bad, the fact that they had to resort to not only fighting somebody 1 1/2 to 2 weights lower, but someone widely recognised as
    A. Chinny
    B. Feather fisted
    C. Not in the top 10 of his own weight ffs. And
    D. The closest thing to Lord Lucan in Boxing.

I honestly don’t care if Alvarez and Golovkin beat up Welterweights as every fighter takes a soft fight now and then. Liar! You are forever digging out GGG for fighting Brook!
    You can defend Golovkin for it but he’s the champion (apparently) he should be defending against people in his own division See, you do care! Like I said, Golovkin wanted a fight, nobody wanted to fight him. He had to find a late replacement because your mate and his Dad bottled it (I notice you've chose to ignore that fact, because you have no answer as to why your little Bum boy superstar was scared as fuck!)
    Golovkin has no previous for picking smaller guys , whereas Oscar constantly cherry picked smaller guys than Canelo for fights with his little "Caneloweight" matchups.
    That little option has now been shut off as he won't be making less than 160 anytime soon.
    So, the only catch weights he'll be doing are between 160 & 168. He's already done The obvious one in JCC Jr. so good luck with that.
    Love your post, but... GGG actually actually does have a sizable history of picking smaller guys.
    Smaller guys than himself? With the exception of Brook and we know the story behind that , please name them.
    Just look at all the guys from 154/147 and you’ll understand what I mean.

Also, I think people get caught thinking of size in limited ways. A person can hunch over and contract their traps/rhomboids/chest and make themselves shorter/narrower like GGG does or stick their chest out and high to make themselves appear as big as possible as most men will do.

I’m not saying GGG is huge, but he fought at 165 as a child. He’s not tiny. Most grow into their real size. He shrank into his real size. This suggests if he stops training he will get big fast. So not so small.
    So, I asked a question and you took 3 paragraphs to avoid an answer.
    As for "he fought at 165 as a child, etc.etc.
    Andre Ward fought in the amateurs at LHW, fought most of his career at SMW, Bellew fought as an amateur at HW, fought most of his career at LHW.
    Some guys when they move from amateur to pro go down a weight, because they are training much harder, eating better and consequently are leaner.
    Some obviously go the other way it's just the way it is.
    But anyway, apart from Brook, GGG bona fide MW's at the MW limit. Some even went up in weight as they were BIGGER than him (Murray for example.)
    I can't think of any smaller guys he cherry picked , but I'm sure you'll let me know if I've missed anyone.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Knocking out Khan was funny and it added to both the bank account and the highlight reel. Not sure how knocking a guy cold makes you look bad... but if that’s the logic I’ve come to expect from this place. I honestly don’t care if Alvarez and Golovkin beat up Welterweights as every fighter takes a soft fight now and then. You can defend Golovkin for it but he’s the champion (apparently) he should be defending against people in his own division
    Knocking out Khan was funny and it added to both the bank account and the highlight reel. Agreed

Not sure how knocking a guy cold makes you look bad... but if that’s the logic I’ve come to expect from this place. Well you're in luck as I'll explain it to you. The knockout doesn't make him look bad, the fact that they had to resort to not only fighting somebody 1 1/2 to 2 weights lower, but someone widely recognised as
    A. Chinny
    B. Feather fisted

I honestly don’t care if Alvarez and Golovkin beat up Welterweights as every fighter takes a soft fight now and then. Liar! You are forever digging out GGG for fighting Brook!
    You can defend Golovkin for it but he’s the champion (apparently) he should be defending against people in his own division See, you do care! Like I said, Golovkin wanted a fight, nobody wanted to fight him. He had to find a late replacement because your mate and his Dad bottled it (I notice you've chose to ignore that fact, because you have no answer as to why your little Bum boy superstar was scared as fuck!)
    Golovkin has no previous for picking smaller guys , whereas Oscar constantly cherry picked smaller guys than Canelo for fights with his little "Caneloweight" matchups.
    That little option has now been shut off as he won't be making less than 160 anytime soon.
    So, the only catch weights he'll be doing are between 160 & 168. He's already done The obvious one in JCC Jr. so good luck with that.
    Love your post, but... GGG actually actually does have a sizable history of picking smaller guys.
    Smaller guys than himself? With the exception of Brook and we know the story behind that , please name them.

Also, I think people get caught thinking of size in limited ways. A person can hunch over and contract their traps/rhomboids/chest and make themselves shorter/narrower like GGG does or stick their chest out and high to make themselves appear as big as possible as most men will do.

I’m not saying GGG is huge, but he fought at 165 as a child. He’s not tiny. Most grow into their real size. He shrank into his real size. This suggests if he stops training he will get big fast. So not so small.
    Andre Ward fought in the amateurs at LHW, fought most of his career at SMW, Bellew fought as an amateur at HW, fought most of his career at LHW.
    Some guys when they move from amateur to pro go down a weight, because they are training much harder, eating better and consequently are leaner.
    But anyway, apart from Brook, GGG bona fide MW's at the MW limit. Some even went up in weight as they were BIGGER than him (Murray for example.)
    I can't think of any smaller guys he cherry picked , but I'm sure you'll let me know if I've missed anyone.
    I answered, the 154/147 fighters he fought.

I’ll skip his early career and begin when he was of consequence

He got his first belt against Nunez who fought at 154 the previous fight so

Nunez
    Tapia
    Ouma
    Proska
    Rosado
    Ishida

That’s 6 of his first 8 Middleweight title fights against guys either moving up or one who would then move down.

I’m not trying to bash GGG by saying this. I just want people to know the facts.

Like talking about Ward fighting at LHW in the amateurs, that’s misleading as hell. He fought almost all his amateur career at MW, I’m rather sure he literally never faught at LHW until the Olympic Qualifying and Olympics. He did that because he didn’t want to be drained. That’s how it works. In amateurs people fight near their real weight for tournaments. So we can assume at 19 years old GGGs natural weight was 165. He’s not so small. Think about it, for how long he’s talked about 154-168 he has only fought at 160. 160 is his weight.

Edit-just checked and in2001 and 2003 Ward won MW national championships. So yes, Olympic Qualifying and Olympics in 2004 is when Ward first fought as an amateur at LHW
    Last edited by Ron Swanson; 10-16-2017 at 10:59 AM.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A. Chinny
    B. Feather fisted

Nunez
    Tapia
    Ouma
    Proska
    Rosado
    Ishida

That’s 6 of his first 8 Middleweight title fights against guys either moving up or one who would then move down.

I’m not trying to bash GGG by saying this. I just want people to know the facts.

Like talking about Ward fighting at LHW in the amateurs, that’s misleading as hell. He fought almost all his amateur career at MW, I’m rather sure he literally never faught at LHW until the Olympic Qualifying and Olympics. He did that because he didn’t want to be drained. That’s how it works. In amateurs people fight near their real weight for tournaments. So we can assume at 19 years old GGGs natural weight was 165. He’s not so small. Think about it, for how long he’s talked about 154-168 he has only fought at 160. 160 is his weight.

Edit-just checked and in2001 and 2003 Ward won MW national championships. So yes, Olympic Qualifying and Olympics in 2004 is when Ward first fought as an amateur at LHW
    I know you need to try to have a little dig at Golovkin where possible so here goes.

Nunez - yep, his previous fight was LMW, 2 fights later he was SMW and his last fight was at LHW. so what does all that bollocks mean ?

Tapia - He fought eliminators at MW to get a shot . He's gone. Up and down like a yo yo , fighters do.

Ouma - So Ouma fought mostly at LMW, but he had fought at MW before. The fact is these fights are for a WORLD TITLE at 160. He's not cherry picking, the opponents need to be approved to fight for a World title shot. It's not a catch weight or such bollocks.
    Proska - come on, Proska was the reigning European champ at MW and a career MW. clutching at straws mate.
    Rosado - Rosado is a bigger guy than GGG. Yeah he was a LMW, but he is a MW. And we all know Rosado will just go where the dough is.
    Ishida - He was the reigning WBO MW champ! So if he previously was a LMW So what? Next you're gonna tell me Canelo is a LMW. Ps. Ishida's last pro fight was as a HW!
    So you can mislead people as much as you like, but these were WORLD TITLE FIGHTS! These guys have to be authorised by the governing bodies.
    Ironically, to finish . As an amateur GGG was probably fighting ABOVE his real weight against BIGGER GUYS, but I don't suppose he gets credit for that. is it not the same thing?

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A. Chinny
    B. Feather fisted

Nunez
    Tapia
    Ouma
    Proska
    Rosado
    Ishida

I know you need to try to have a little dig at Golovkin where possible so here goes.

Nunez - yep, his previous fight was LMW, 2 fights later he was SMW and his last fight was at LHW. so what does all that bollocks mean ?

Tapia - He fought eliminators at MW to get a shot . He's gone. Up and down like a yo yo , fighters do.

Ouma - So Ouma fought mostly at LMW, but he had fought at MW before. The fact is these fights are for a WORLD TITLE at 160. He's not cherry picking, the opponents need to be approved to fight for a World title shot. It's not a catch weight or such bollocks.
    Proska - come on, Proska was the reigning European champ at MW and a career MW. clutching at straws mate.
    Rosado - Rosado is a bigger guy than GGG. Yeah he was a LMW, but he is a MW. And we all know Rosado will just go where the dough is.
    Ishida - He was the reigning WBO MW champ! So if he previously was a LMW So what? Next you're gonna tell me Canelo is a LMW. Ps. Ishida's last pro fight was as a HW!
    So you can mislead people as much as you like, but these were WORLD TITLE FIGHTS! These guys have to be authorised by the governing bodies.
    Ironically, to finish . As an amateur GGG was probably fighting ABOVE his real weight against BIGGER GUYS, but I don't suppose he gets credit for that. is it not the same thing?
    Boxing fans have this thing where they see what they want to see.

You mention cherry picking, where did I say that? That wasn’t my point at all. All I said was he has fought smaller guys. I did not say smaller than him. I said smaller. As in they previously fought in smaller weight classes than him. You asked who, I listed some. I can list many more who fought in smaller weight classes but it defeats the point because the point was simply that he had. Not to have a dog, just to include the facts.

My main point is very simple. A guy that was a 165 pound fighter as an amateur and 160 pound fighter for
    12 years as a professional is not a small middleweight. He’s just a middleweight. His entire career amateur and pro is Middleweight. He’s a middleweight. I don’t know what is inflammatory about that statement

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A. Chinny
    B. Feather fisted

Nunez
    Tapia
    Ouma
    Proska
    Rosado
    Ishida

Boxing fans have this thing where they see what they want to see.

You mention cherry picking, where did I say that? That wasn’t my point at all. All I said was he has fought smaller guys. I did not say smaller than him. I said smaller. As in they previously fought in smaller weight classes than him. You asked who, I listed some. I can list many more who fought in smaller weight classes but it defeats the point because the point was simply that he had. Not to have a dog, just to include the facts.

My main point is very simple. A guy that was a 165 pound fighter as an amateur and 160 pound fighter for
    12 years as a professional is not a small middleweight. He’s just a middleweight. His entire career amateur and pro is Middleweight. He’s a middleweight. I don’t know what is inflammatory about that statement
    "You mention cherry picking, where did I say that?"
    err actually right at the start. You said he has a "sizable history of picking smaller guys."

"All I said was he has fought smaller guys. I did not say smaller than him. I said smaller."
    I think we'll leave it there.
    I think YOU should give GGG Immense credit for fighting bigger guys than him through his amateur career, cos he was clearly a small 165!

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And he did pick smaller guys. It’s not inflammatory if it’s true. Far different to say pick and say cherry pick.

As for giving him credit for fighting bigger guys as an amateur....I gave him huge credit for years. If IamInuit was still(RIP) around he could vouch that on another site before he was even champ I was telling people that GGG was the best in the world.

I hold a grudge against him because I thought so highly of him and wanted to see him challenge greatness. I’m open about that. But I darn well respect the Jacobs fight, and I understand him chasing the dollar. If he fights Jacobs again I will let my bias go.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And he did pick smaller guys. It’s not inflammatory if it’s true. Far different to say pick and say cherry pick.

As for giving him credit for fighting bigger guys as an amateur....I gave him huge credit for years. If IamInuit was still(RIP) around he could vouch that on another site before he was even champ I was telling people that GGG was the best in the world.

I hold a grudge against him because I thought so highly of him and wanted to see him challenge greatness. I’m open about that. But I darn well respect the Jacobs fight, and I understand him chasing the dollar. If he fights Jacobs again I will let my bias go.
    Come on Ron, the reason I'm not letting this go is because you're better than this. Twisting words to try to squirm out of a rash statement.
    "I said pick not cherry pick" and "I said smaller guys, not smaller than him". What does all that mean.
    All the guys you mentioned were over 5 years ago and I don't think HE had the political power at the time to "pick" who he fights.
    Come on man, like I said, you're bettter than this.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Come on Ron, the reason I'm not letting this go is because you're better than this. Twisting words to try to squirm out of a rash statement.
    "I said pick not cherry pick" and "I said smaller guys, not smaller than him". What does all that mean.
    All the guys you mentioned were over 5 years ago and I don't think HE had the political power at the time to "pick" who he fights.
    Come on man, like I said, you're bettter than this.
    I’m not twisting anything, you are. You said Cherry picking, not me. You know there is a very big difference between cherry picking and picking. Everyone picks an opponent to fight, that’s a fact. Otherwise there would be no fights. Cherry picking implies someone is “who is the weak guy I can find?”. There is a very clear difference. I don’t know why you are pretending saying someone picks opponents is an insult. It’s a fact and not an insult in any way. This is how far GGG defense has come? We can’t even say he picks opponents? It’s f’n madness. You are twisting words.

And smaller guys are guys from smaller divisions. This is not complex. Again, WTF is going on with this I don’t understand or “what does this mean?” It’s quite clear. I even said it. And why, because there are lots of ways to look at size. For example many go by reach, but Floyd’s reach is greater than GGG. Doesn’t mean he’s bigger. Many go by weight they fight at. But Vinny Pazienza got on gear and fought Roy Jones, doesn’t change he was really a lightweight.

So keep it simple, a guy that fought his entire career, pro and amateur in one division, his size is that division.

This is not in the least bit confusing so stop trolling. You’re better than this.

Even “these opponents are all 5 years in the past”, umm, obviously. This conversation began at you saying GGG doesn’t have a history of picking smaller opponents. I simply pointed out that fact that he does, history, by definition is in the past. I’m not squirming at all on this. The facts support what I said.
    Last edited by Ron Swanson; 10-16-2017 at 11:05 PM.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't see how I'm Trolling though, but hey, keep believing yourself.

LATEST FAKE NEWS!
    1.Carl Frampton accused of Cherry picking small opponents! not smaller than himself, just small! Frampton replied, "uh, yeah, that's because I am small! and Cherries were nothing to do with it!

Thread Information