Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Few rumours saying Murray will be offered the Khan fight in April

Would people be dissapointed with this?

I am in two minds but I would personally rather this fight that Peterson, Peterson has been fighting at a much higher level at 140 and Murray will be moving up but I think the buzz of a Murray fight in England would be good.

But then on the other han Murray does not deserve a shot and it would be a step back from the op he has been facing.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Few rumours saying Murray will be offered the Khan fight in April

I think on a promotional side of it, Haye v Harrison showed that any drivel involving British fighters can make big numbers, if the spin is right! I would enjoy to see it, and the build-up would be good, and it would definitely be a massive test for Murray, and seeing it would answer some questions about how good he is. Personally, I can see why people would want to see Khan at a higher level against Peterson or Ortiz, as was originally intended. But I think if he wants to take the Murray fight, as it would be an easier one to promote over here, and he's made promises to bring fights over to the UK, then I'd be happy to watch it.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It makes sense financially. And for boxers that's the no. 1 thing. If Haye-Harrison can be marketed as a big fight in the UK, then this can be marketed in the same way.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd like to see it. Besides it will be great to laugh at the haters who will predictably scoff and call this a joke fight claiming Amir is a coward for taking it, all the time being in complete denial of how Khan lost their respect with his shameless dodging of the selfsame fighter a couple years ago.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The shameless ducking of McCloskey continues. How can you say people would talk shit about a McCloskey fight, then John Murray(a lightweight) is perfectly reasonable? WTF?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Murray, huh? From what I hear Warren is offering Kell Brook

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by No Contest View Post
    The shameless ducking of McCloskey continues. How can you say people would talk shit about a McCloskey fight, then John Murray(a lightweight) is perfectly reasonable? WTF?

There is history between Murray and Khan though. A couple years ago Buncy kept going on and on about how it this would be the biggest fight in Britain since Benn Eubank.

Mcloskey is just virtually unknown on the British fightscene.

It would have been like David Haye fighting Derek Chisora rather than Audley Harrison. Chisora is a much tougher challenge but nobody in Britain has heard of him. Everyone, even grand ma's know who Audley Harrison is.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good analogy, I hear ya. McCloskey does need to step up, I'm just having trouble seeing steps up, besides maybe Ajose Olusegun. Is Lenny Daws any good, maybe McCloskey needs to come to US as well?

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by No Contest View Post
    Good analogy, I hear ya. McCloskey does need to step up, I'm just having trouble seeing steps up, besides maybe Ajose Olusegun. Is Lenny Daws any good, maybe McCloskey needs to come to US as well?
    Lenny Daws is a decent domestic fighter, but I don't think he'll get above that level. For McCloskey v Olusegun, I think it would be a horrible fight style-wise....they're both counter fighters. I think a move to the US would be beneficial, more competition and looks at different styles too.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan by stoppage.

Could be quite good though. Think Khan would be too strong and quick for him though. Would be funny to see all the Khan haters moaning about him fighting Murray, while conveniently forgetting they were moaning about him ducking Murray just a few years ago.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A couple of years ago i would have got excited about Murray fighting Khan but i think Khan has improved too much that he would stop Murray.

I also read that Warren has made a massive offer for Brook to fight Khan i doubt that'll happen though. I think Khan would beat Brook but i think he will fight someone more recognisable to fans in America even if the fight is in the UK.

Have not been too impressed with Brooks last 2 performances.

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Khan intends to fight in the UK then this is a good fight for him.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ono View Post
    Khan by stoppage.

Could be quite good though. Think Khan would be too strong and quick for him though. Would be funny to see all the Khan haters moaning about him fighting Murray, while conveniently forgetting they were moaning about him ducking Murray just a few years ago.
    That was then this is now, its like saying if James De Gale become a world champion in 2 years. And possibly the boxing fans 2 years before wanted to see him take on good domestic fighter.

They obviously wouldn't feel the same now he's world champion, and he's moved on from the domestic level.

Whats wrong with taking on Bradley/Alexander winner, or Ortiz, Peterson, or even Mabuza who upset Kendall Holt.

I see this taking a step backward for Amir Khan, John Murray is one dimensional and nothing special. Plus he's a Lightweight and he'd have to move up. Stick to fighters in your own weightclass, there's plenty too choose from there.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    Khan by stoppage.

That was then this is now, its like saying if James De Gale become a world champion in 2 years. And possibly the boxing fans 2 years before wanted to see him take on good domestic fighter.

They obviously wouldn't feel the same now he's world champion, and he's moved on from the domestic level.

Whats wrong with taking on Bradley/Alexander winner, or Ortiz, Peterson, or even Mabuza who upset Kendall Holt.

I see this taking a step backward for Amir Khan, John Murray is one dimensional and nothing special. Plus he's a Lightweight and he'd have to move up. Stick to fighters in your own weightclass, there's plenty too choose from there.
    So what you mean is that the critics were wrong, Khan was a different class to Murray after all.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    Khan by stoppage.

So what you mean is that the critics were wrong, Khan was a different class to Murray after all.
    What i mean is that at that time Amir Khan had fought nobody worth noting really, John Murray "at that time" would of been a decent step up for Amir Khan.

But Amir Khan has moved on from the domestic scene, he's a world champ now. And has been speaking of fighting Floyd Mayweather Jr in 2 years.

So he should move on from the domestic scene, he's been there down that. Plus John Murray is a Lightweight.

Amir Khan made a good step up with Marcos Maidana. But he has to get keep continuing with that, as i said all the names above would be ok. Even Zab Judah would be better, even though he's more of a gatekeeper now. He still got the skill's and a style to at least trouble Amir Khan somewhat.

And yes Amir Khan would make John Murray look silly, John Murray just walk's forward in a straight line. With no plan b and he uses no angles and he don't switch up, hell if he struggled with Youssef Al Hamidi's movement. He stands no chance what so ever.

Thread Information