Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Why the hate against Khan? Come on in for the answer

I've mentioned this before only to be ridiculed but hopefully, after reading this article, we can see exactly 'WHY' there is so much hatred agaisnt Khan who is a down to the earth, nice kid.

Amir Khan - The Boy They Love To Hate

Amir Khan - The Boy They Love To Hate
    By Ziggy Shah: Throughout the 1990’s there was one British boxer who stood head and shoulders above them all, former WBO middle and super middleweight champion, Chris Eubank. He was without a doubt one of the greatest fighters the country has ever produced. However, despite his success, he was also perhaps the most hated boxer in British history, and for many years I have been puzzled as to why there was such hatred for a man who sacrificed so much for his sport and his country. Whether it was down to his cocky arrogant nature, or the fact that he was a poser who loved attention, one thing is sure, he was indeed ‘the man they loved to hate’.

Over a decade later we again face the same scenario, but this time the man is a boy, he is not cocky or arrogant, and most of all he does not thrive on the attention like his predecessor. Ladies and Gentlemen let me introduce you to, Amir Khan. Confused? Well don’t be..

He may be young, rich and talented and quite possibly on the road to becoming Britain’s greatest ever boxer, but that hasn’t stopped him being a figure of hate for a large section of British fight fans. Any sportsman or celebrity who put themselves in the limelight can expect their fair share of critics but the hatred becomes much worse when it is fixated on race

The proof was seen after Khan’s shock defeat to Breidis Prescott in September. The public reaction to this echoed the feeling that was hidden amongst many boxing fans. It’s almost as though they were waiting for it to happen. Within hours of defeat, live boxing Internet forums were covered with phrases such as ‘the paki deserved it’, ‘Prescott the paki basher’ and other sick comments relating to Khan’s race, cultural identity and the legitimacy of his being British.

More recently, instead of celebrating his victory over the Mexican legend, Marco Antonio Barrera, many fans are accusing him of intentionally head-butting his opponent in a bid to gain an advantage.

Any moderate fight fans would however, agree that from the moment Barrera was caught flush, he would lose the contest.

Barrera was too small and slow and looked over-matched against the younger, hungrier Khan.

This however, did not deter fans from bombarding Asian spectators with racial abuse, something which has been present at all Khan’s fights but is over looked by any media coverage. Also, as you read, the abuse continues on boxing websites and forums throughout the world. Still the hatred grows with every successful step he takes in accomplishing his dream, and still they wait and pray for another ‘Prescott slaying’.

The abuse seems unreasonable, given the fact that it was Khan who brought back a silver medal for his country at the Athens Olympics in 2004. And it is Khan who spends his time on the road championing good causes, so that anyone from any race or cultural background can in some way benefit from him.

Khan does not drink, smoke or enjoy the high life; his dedication to his sport should itself excel him into being a perfect role model for young and old regardless of colour or creed. He has represented his country in a manner in which any patriotic Englishman would be proud, however, in reality no matter what he does or does not achieve in the future, he will still be regarded by a large section of British fight fans, as quite simply, ‘a foreigner.’

So what now? There is no easy answer or solution to this deep rooted problem, but all true British boxing fans need to get out there and get behind their best young prospect and show him the respect and adulation he so rightly deserves.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Why the hate against Khan? Come on in for the answer

I've never been especially a fan of Khan but I admit that I've always wondered why he had such a bad reception, especially for the normally very supportive and amazing fans of England.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have NO DOUBT the negs will flow as they have in the past when I mentioned that 'race and religion' have ALOT to do with the hate against Khan. I guess those that neg just can't come to terms with this reality...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hes a cock plain and simple, obviously there is always racist cunts about and they seem to crop up more hid behind there pc screens with there abuse on interent forums.

But the racist slant just doesnt sit right with me, i work with approx 250 asian/muslim lads and id say about 2% have a good word to say about Kahn, they were even coming in saying how the Barerra fight was fixed and they wished Kahn would of been smashed in cos hes a cocky so and so etc etc.

I think alot of the abuse/hate comes from the fact he has so much so early without actully acheiveing anything, and to say he is not cocky?? The same guy who said he was quicker and would beat Floyd after 8 fights as a pro?

To sat hes the best prospect i totally disagree with that 100% Theres a reason he has by passed decent British pros like Murray and Thaxton because Warren doesnt want him exposed at such a low level.

Kahn fights Barrera and gets a world title shot while making millions of pounds while poor Prescott cant buy a fight and people seem to forget he knocked Kahn out cold in less than 60 seconds??

Kahn is a tool if you ask me.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by sanchez786 View Post
    I have NO DOUBT the negs will flow as they have in the past when I mentioned that 'race and religion' have ALOT to do with the hate against Khan. I guess those that neg just can't come to terms with this reality...
    I don't know if it is religion or race but I really wonder, if the kid would have a bad attitude or would be too cocky I could understand but he's kinda genuinely kind from what I've read of him and kinda very humble. Like I stated, I don't especially like him and I can understand why peoples wouldn't be neither but am wondering about the flow of "hate" he receives, even in England as I don't see what he did to deserve such. Perhaps there is histories about him that I don't know but if that,s the case and if somebody here knows about it, I would gladly learn from it as it seems to be a missing specter in my boxing field.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Same thing happened to Froch... early in his Career the BBC did a best thing since sliced bread campain and Froch made alot of bold claims with only a few fights under his belt... this rightly so pisses people off.

sadly for Froch he didn't have the race card to play

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    I don't know if it is religion or race but I really wonder, if the kid would have a bad attitude or would be too cocky I could understand but he's kinda genuinely kind from what I've read of him and kinda very humble. Like I stated, I don't especially like him and I can understand why peoples wouldn't be neither but am wondering about the flow of "hate" he receives, even in England as I don't see what he did to deserve such. Perhaps there is histories about him that I don't know but if that,s the case and if somebody here knows about it, I would gladly learn from it as it seems to be a missing specter in my boxing field.

What Kahn have you seen? I think him his team everything about him is pathetic, look at his dvd that he brought out after the Prescott which was called Amir kahn " The Champion " the champion of what?? You just got destroyed in 59 seconds.

He does come across humble and very respectful in some instances i agree with that but then in other cases he just puts his foot in it and sounds like an absolute dick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Because he like crazy and now are scared to go for a jog or cross the street because Khan will not stop at the intersection It's only a broken leg after all
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post

What Kahn have you seen? I think him his team everything about him is pathetic, look at his dvd that he brought out after the Prescott which was called Amir kahn " The Champion " the champion of what?? You just got destroyed in 59 seconds.

He does come across humble and very respectful in some instances i agree with that but then in other cases he just puts his foot in it and sounds like an absolute dick.
    I've not seen the DVD, admitting you are right (I give you the benefit of the doubt as ou've seen something I haven't), that could explain why some peoples don't like him, sure, but does that deserve that most "hate" because at this level, I think we seriously can call it hate toward him?
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Having heard a fair bit of racial abuse hurled at him at the Hatton-Pacquiao weigh-in, yes there is obviously a strong racial element with 'some' people. BUT, not with everyone, part of it is just that British disease of disliking anyone who might be good at something. Another is that the media frequently misquote him than any other fighter I've seen. I've seen press conferences where he's been humble, and than the media drastically 'sex up' his quotes so he seems like a complete knob. Another is the Warren factor. It's the same reason people hate James DeGale, but not Darren Sutherland, because Warren has worked hard over the years to engender this hate for his guys, especially those he pushes a lot. It's not all racism, not with everyone, and I seriously think you need to realize that. With some peolple it most definitely is, but it's not just that. I do like him & am going to his next fight, he's a likable kid, but everyone can't like the same fighters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JazMerkin View Post
    Having heard a fair bit of racial abuse hurled at him at the Hatton-Pacquiao weigh-in, yes there is obviously a strong racial element with 'some' people. BUT, not with everyone, part of it is just that British disease of disliking anyone who might be good at something. Another is that the media frequently misquote him than any other fighter I've seen. I've seen press conferences where he's been humble, and than the media drastically 'sex up' his quotes so he seems like a complete knob. Another is the Warren factor. It's the same reason people hate James DeGale, but not Darren Sutherland, because Warren has worked hard over the years to engender this hate for his guys, especially those he pushes a lot. It's not all racism, not with everyone, and I seriously think you need to realize that. With some peolple it most definitely is, but it's not just that. I do like him & am going to his next fight, he's a likable kid, but everyone can't like the same fighters.
    People hate de Gale because of Warren? How do you work that out?

People hate De Gale including myself because again hes a big mouthed tool, i have seen him ono plenty of shows and again he is another loud mouth idiot, he only signed with Warren recently and most people who hate him now have hated him way before he signed with Warren.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

People hate De Gale including myself because again hes a big mouthed tool, i have seen him ono plenty of shows and again he is another loud mouth idiot, he only signed with Warren recently and most people who hate him now have hated him way before he signed with Warren.
    Yeah, he's got a mouth, but so does George Groves, and people don't seem to hate him. The fact Groves is with Hayemaker I think benefits him, PR-wise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah, he's got a mouth, but so does George Groves, and people don't seem to hate him. The fact Groves is with Hayemaker I think benefits him, PR-wise.
    Oh i see what you mean, but Groves is a bit under the radar and DE Gale is obvioulsy more famous becasue of his Olympic exploits.

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Within hours of defeat, live boxing Internet forums were covered with phrases such as ‘the paki deserved it’, ‘Prescott the paki basher’ and other sick comments relating to Khan’s race, cultural identity and the legitimacy of his being British.

These people are not real fight fans,they are thugs who would like to see others beaten and then ridiculed. (They hope) back to their shallow end of the gene pool where they are themselves stuck in their own judgments.
    Its not all their fault though, they have been brought up that way or taught that way of thinking and being through some parenting or social group.

Mate racism is hidden in many people still. It is nearly against the law to be outwardly racist these days.
    The parents of the people you have to deal with now were the teachers of that hatred. Its still there being supressed and underlying in many within this last two generations and we all know it and we all know why.

But there are two sides to it now there are the useless whites who cant move on and they try to play the race card as an excuse for why they are not 'personally better off' than some of the people they are picking on.

Then there are all different shades of people that also try to play that same race card in reverse. Thats called a stale mate and two sets of people are measuring their own personal worth with the same stupid stick but reversed.

Then you have different people from all races who are living to the full and saying; you know what, color or shade of skin is nothing, there are brilliant surgeons, lawyers,police,fighters in the forces,footy players,boxers,teachers you name it all there to help whoever needs helping because they all choose to stand alone above any race.

The others from both sides of all races are unfortunately lazy,scared or both and seek to blame others so they dont have to deal with any change. They only see surface images of people and cant look into a mirror for very long because they have lost compassion and their love and so their spark for life is going out, so they seek someone else to blame, outside of themselves.

These types throw the sh!t (it sticks to them and it is their sh!t) they will eventually be consumed or sickened by it all literally;

The truth is:If you can find compassion for why they are like the way they are,then you no longer stand against them (they no longer have an opposite) the friction of it is removed for you too, then you get to fly free of them and if done on mass they would eventually get to see what they are missing.

You though have the option, to also get stuck in their sh!t or jump over it and become stronger from it.
    To them its sh!t, to you it can be sh!t too, or manure for your growth or a hurdle that makes you stronger so you can get even higher.

What is great is the fact that at the end of the day,black brown ,blue, yellow or white doesnt count for anything ;you stand alone in your accomplishments, as will Mr Kahn and you too if you can rise above them and knock your own flag into the ground in what ever area you choose.
    Last edited by Andre; 05-09-2009 at 10:26 PM. Reason: Jaz was nice enough to privatley pick me up on a few things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Saddo View Post
    Same thing happened to Froch... early in his Career the BBC did a best thing since sliced bread campain and Froch made alot of bold claims with only a few fights under his belt... this rightly so pisses people off.

sadly for Froch he didn't have the race card to play
    But you know the idiots only blame whites for racism. So should every white boxer that is hated play the race card and say non-whites only hate him because he is white?

Thread Information