Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
My thoughts were along the same lines as Smash. I appreciate that people enter the ring at less than 100% all the time. But there should be a distinction between a niggle, and persistent severe headaches that stop sparring, especially if that person then misses weight and has to strip more fluid off. Too many red flags going up. Of course hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Awful situation

Exactly @Memphis i mean ffs it's not exactly rocket science and in any other sport the athlete would be stopped from competing

Football - leg injury and he's rested
Rugby - Same
Tennis - Arm/leg injury and he's rested

And i could go through 100's of sports

What is criminal is that a boxers head is the main target area and if it's in a bad way for 2 WEEKS leading up to a fight then why the fuck was he still allowed to fight?

Is a mandatory 2 minute brain scan after the weigh in such a huge thing to put every fighter through?

So Simple to install but seemingly so distant in a time of high tech everything!!!

I've been saying this for fucking years now that this sort of scanning has to be mandatory and im 100% right when i say it affects Boxing because look at the Madison Square garden situation where the promoters now have to pay Crazy insurance policies per fighter just to get the green light to stage fights but MMA/UFC gets away scott free.

There are NO boxing matches booked at all in the future at MSG in NYC.

The Boxing Hierarchy seriously need to pull their fingers out of their ass and sort this situaion out.

Fighters are IMO losing their lives or being put into comas etc one after the other and it's easily fixed.

OK so some fighters will sustain the brain bleed during the fight BUT statistics and Top Neurosurgeons are on record saying 90% of Brain trauma is caused in sparring leading up to a fight so why are the boxers not being scanned pre fight.

So what if the fight has to be rescheduled!!!! Honour the tickets already bought by the punters and make a future date when it's safe to fight.

Im 100% sure any true fight fan will agree this is not a massive problem if it ensures the future of Boxing

Sorry state of affairs that this Son/Father/Fighter lost his life and unnecessarily in my view!