Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Nishoika - Marquez

I'm haven't seen any discussion about this fight, so I figured I'd start this thread. This is a really intriguing fight for me. I don't know a ton about Nishoika, I think his TKO of Gonzalez is the only fight of his that I have seen, and Marquez, while fading, is still a great fighter with very heavy hands.

I assume Nishoika will win, but I wouldn't ever count Marquez out.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Nishoika - Marquez

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    I'm haven't seen any discussion about this fight, so I figured I'd start this thread. This is a really intriguing fight for me. I don't know a ton about Nishoika, I think his TKO of Gonzalez is the only fight of his that I have seen, and Marquez, while fading, is still a great fighter with very heavy hands.

I actually think that Marquez is going to dominate Nishioka, he showed that he has his timing against Lopez, Jhonny was handling Nishioka fine until the stoppage

seeing how Rafa is all around a better fighter than Gonzalez (not a diss to Jhonny at all), I wouldn't consider it an upset at all if R. Marquez was to pick up the win

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

NOthing but crickets on this thread huh.. I made the same thread not too long ago and the same happened..

Sometimes I wonder.. How many people on this forum are true boxing fans? because a fight like this one is what you call a " true fight fan's fight ".. Toshi-Rafael is a one for the purists.. Dudes would rather talk about some bullshit Klitchscho or Floyd-ORtiz rather than a real intriguing bout like this one..I just dont get it sometimes..

Well anyway, this is one of the most intriguing bouts of this year and my personal favorite.. I really went back and forth with this one but Rafael has some things going for him..

Nishioka is riding high and he's fast but speed can be neutralized by timing and Rafael still has that.. Superb timing, skills, and punching power are the things that Rafael brings to the table and I feel that he has the style and the tools to beat Nishioka.. They say Rafael is shot but that's a misconception.. He's NOT shot, that's for sure.. He still has as much left in the tank as.... les say an 06 Barrera... and he's still a dangerous fighter..

On top of that, he's moving back down to 122 where he's more comfortable and alot more proven.. Rafael can take Nishioka's punch but can nishioka do the same?? Im thinking that he can't...

Ive been watching Nishioka his whole career and ive seen him struggle many times, especially against big punchers and aggressive fighters.. He abandons his game plan and falls into unnecessary clinches when the going gets tough and I believe Rafael will bring out those bad habits of his...

I still havent really made up my mind about the outcome.. I could change my mind probably a few more times but one thing is clear.. Toshiaki Nishioka is in some deep shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[QUOTE=FinitoElDinamita;1012790]NOthing but crickets on this thread huh.. I made the same thread not too long ago and the same happened..

Sometimes I wonder.. How many people on this forum are true boxing fans? because a fight like this one is what you call a " true fight fan's fight ".. Toshi-Rafael is a one for the purists.. Dudes would rather talk about some bullshit Klitchscho or Floyd-ORtiz rather than a real intriguing bout like this one..I just dont get it sometimes.[QUOTE]

I agree. You knew that Klit an Floyd were going to have no trouble with there last opponents. As specially Klit who could of put us out of our misery earlier with Adamek, but decided to play with his food for another 6 rounds than needed.
    Now you have a great fight like this, where both fighters are exiting to watch and well matched, no one seems interested. I live in the UK and we tend to miss out on fights like this because the fans in this country only want to watch british fighters no matter how good they are.
    This fight for me will be a good one. I am sliding towards Nishoika because of his speed but im not counting out Marquez, he is a very skilled fighter. Im going Nishioka to win by split decision.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post

I actually think that Marquez is going to dominate Nishioka, he showed that he has his timing against Lopez, Jhonny was handling Nishioka fine until the stoppage

seeing how Rafa is all around a better fighter than Gonzalez (not a diss to Jhonny at all), I wouldn't consider it an upset at all if R. Marquez was to pick up the win

I'd say Rafa WAS an all around better fighter, by quite a stretch even, but not today. Gonzales has looked as good as ever in his last couple fights imo, he just has limitations which have always been there. Marquez on the otherhand looks like he is fighting in quicksand compared to just a few years ago. I've only seen Nishoika against Gonzales so my pick in this fight is worthless, but I don't think Rafa is clearly better at anything these days besides taking punishment, and you never know when that ability is going to wane. Rafael makes Juan Manuel look fresh as a daisy to me, he's really on his last legs. How old is he anyways? Ancient for the weight not even taking punishment into account.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm getting really excited about this fight. I do think Rafa showed against Lopez that he's not as far gone as some of us thought. I'm not sure who's going to win, I'm leaning towards Noshoika based largely on reputation I guess (which, admittedly, is a stupid thing to do), but I think it will be a competitive fight.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This should be am outstanding battle! Rafa has slipped from his best but is still formidable & has power that can turn a fight. I think Nishioka can take the shots though & I think his power is a little underrated. My heart wants Rafa to score an amazing victory in a brilliant fight but my head tells me Nishioka will prevail in an extremey close fight
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Thread Information