Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Just heard Winky Wright is coming back.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wink Just heard Winky Wright is coming back.

I just read on espn that winky is coming back, and brought up a possible fight with Authur Abraham. Is this a good fight for winky to take after a long layoff and he also said he weighed as much as 198lbs and has been saying nobody wants to fight him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Just heard Winky Wright is coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by kingfrnk View Post
    I just read on espn that winky is coming back, and brought up a possible fight with Authur Abraham. Is this a good fight for winky to take after a long layoff and he also said he weighed as much as 198lbs and has been saying nobody wants to fight him.
    It's been said that winky always blows up when he isn't fighting, so i'm not surprised by that..

I actually think him fighting AA is a good fight.. AA is real economical w/ his punches and doesn't overwhelm you with workrate like someone like Kelly Pavlik would.. i feel that AA coul dbe a great fighter, he just isn't taking any big matches (besides miranda).. We all know AA is a tough SOB, and Winky isn't a hard hitter, so i don't see winky taking him out, but i do see him boxing to a possible UD..

I don't know if it's that "nobody wants to fight him" but more that there isn't really many guys that he would want to fight, hah.. I'm sure Pavlik (considering he's fighting Hopkins, who beat Wright) would fight Winky, but i don't think he wants that.. i could be wrong though.. Winky is a great fighter and will give anyone problems with his defense.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think that's a good fight for Winky. Abraham is a guy who only works in spots and spends most of his time covering up and Winky obviously doesn't leave many openings which would mean Abraham would have to create them, something he doesn't do a lot. So it's an interesting fight, I'm a bit worried about Winky's legs and Abraham is a pretty big puncher at the weight so that would create an interesting dynamic but overall it's a very winnable fight for him and it would be nice to see him finally get a belt at middleweight as that would get him some more leverage in negotiating a Pavlik fight depending on how he looks. I have faith.

SigmaMu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by amat View Post
    I think that's a good fight for Winky. Abraham is a guy who only works in spots and spends most of his time covering up and Winky obviously doesn't leave many openings which would mean Abraham would have to create them, something he doesn't do a lot. So it's an interesting fight, I'm a bit worried about Winky's legs and Abraham is a pretty big puncher at the weight so that would create an interesting dynamic but overall it's a very winnable fight for him and it would be nice to see him finally get a belt at middleweight as that would get him some more leverage in negotiating a Pavlik fight depending on how he looks. I have faith.
    It would be a very interesting fight no real contrast of styles here from a surface point of view but when you look at the differences in depth, we have the southpaw in winky, the youth in Abraham also liked your points factored in on Winkys legs and Arthur's power. It would be a nice chess match to see who can get past the other man's defense I would like to see this match

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its good to hear Wright will be back in action.

Hopefully the long layoff doesn't have an effect on him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know...even if its true the fight wouldn't happen before february or march next year,because AA fights in october and will take at least 3-4 month off after the fight...

I would like Winky vs Sturm better...

Hidden Content

Arturo "THUNDER" Gatti 1972-2009

To alcohol...the cause of and the solution to all of lifes problems...- Homer Simpson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

actually i think its a bad fight for winky abraham is a young strong wild fighter even if winky lands more shots i still think they will give the fight to abraham because hes a champion he will be the agresser throws more punches and winky cant hurt him and the defense wont be no help if he hits those arms all nite either so if the fight does happen i say tko for abraham. i like winky but he cant handle a wild ass fighter like abraham especially if winkys 37 years old he aint no bhop.

Thread Information