Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Do People Think Tyson Is Unbeatable ??

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default Why Do People Think Tyson Is Unbeatable ??

I was reading some old topic and utter nonsense i was reading im sorry Cockey Cockney i like you man your one of my favorite posters but what you typed here was totally wrong.

Tyson v Shavers- Tyson KO.
    Tyson v Lyle- Tyson KO.
    Tyson v Foreman- Tyson UD.
    Tyson v Frazier- Tyson UD.
    Tyson v Ali- Tyson KO.
    Tyson v Norton- Tyson KO.

So IMO he would beat them all, in his prime he was amazing.

Tyson imo is one of the most overrated boxers of all time the man didn't beat anyone really well if you think beating old shot Holmes or beating the natural Lightheavyweight who only got title getting gifts of a faded Holmes makes him unbeatable your all dreaming Tyson had good skills but when i hear this utter nonsense that Tyson had amazing defense he never got it blah blah is totally wrong the man had talent i never denied it but for people to think he is unbeatable all this other nonsense Cockey Cockney i am not having a go at you mate i was just quoting a post which i totally disagree with and i want people to tell me why they say this because when i watch him i see hw with good talent but nothing unbeatable or this aura of invincibility they think he has am i missing something or what because im just not seeing it folks i want your thoughts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Why Do People Think Tyson Is Unbeatable ??

Prime Tyson was unbeatable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pacstraightleft
    Tell it to Buster Douglas

ICB Guest

Why though what great fighter did he beat for you to believe this see i always see people saying this but they never give me any explanation i would just like some proper feedback so i can try and understand you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Monkey
    Well, that was one of the biggest upset in boxing history.

That was also the beginning of Tyson's downfall.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well, that was one of the biggest upset in boxing history.

That was also the beginning of Tyson's downfall.
    It was the first time he fought somebody who could take a serious punch,who had reach
    Tyson's whole career up to them had been carefully massaged.Theres a reason he didnt fight Witherspoon

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That was a bloated, depressed, and lazy Iron Mike not what I'd call primed and ready.

He wasn't unbeatable but he sure as hell was a conqueror. The bell rings and here he comes. Take one step backwards and he runs up your chest and down your back. You're flattened and seeing stars before you get your feet set.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingGorilla
    That was a bloated, depressed, and lazy Iron Mike not what I'd call primed and ready.

He wasn't unbeatable but he sure as hell was a conqueror. The bell rings and here he comes. Take one step backwards and he runs up your chest and down your back. You're flattened and seeing stars before you get your feet set.
    Damn right. Mike Tyson is the KO artist of all-time!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Tyson had all the physical tools to be "unbeatable" or beat these guys but never did he have the mindset for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by gally
    I think Tyson had all the physical tools to be "unbeatable" or beat these guys but never did he have the mindset for it.
    Actually,what he lacked the most,was reach
    And he never,ever learned how to make up for it,once his footspeed started to lag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    I was reading some old topic and utter nonsense i was reading im sorry Cockey Cockney i like you man your one of my favorite posters but what you typed here was totally wrong.

Tyson v Shavers- Tyson KO.
    Tyson v Lyle- Tyson KO.
    Tyson v Foreman- Tyson UD.
    Tyson v Frazier- Tyson UD.
    Tyson v Ali- Tyson KO.
    Tyson v Norton- Tyson KO.

So IMO he would beat them all, in his prime he was amazing.

Tyson imo is one of the most overrated boxers of all time the man didn't beat anyone really well if you think beating old shot Holmes or beating the natural Lightheavyweight who only got title getting gifts of a faded Holmes makes him unbeatable your all dreaming Tyson had good skills but when i hear this utter nonsense that Tyson had amazing defense he never got it blah blah is totally wrong the man had talent i never denied it but for people to think he is unbeatable all this other nonsense Cockey Cockney i am not having a go at you mate i was just quoting a post which i totally disagree with and i want people to tell me why they say this because when i watch him i see hw with good talent but nothing unbeatable or this aura of invincibility they think he has am i missing something or what because im just not seeing it folks i want your thoughts.

I think he would beat those guys. Opponents aside you can't deny the young Tyson's skill.

El Kabong Guest

NO ONE EVER IN THE HISTORY OF BOXING WAS UNBEATABLE....now people may take into account my fondness for Marciano....he was perfect in his career but NEVER unbeatable.

Mike Tyson would be beaten soundly by the following fighters in their primes:
    Muhammed Ali - too fast, too good of a chin, too tough physically and more importantly mentally!

George Foreman - too tough, too big, too strong....Tyson had DECENT defense but most of the time people were too afraid to throw for fear of being hit (which was never the case with George) which made Tyson's defense look even better.

Joe Frazier - Joe's up and down bobbing would have given Tyson tons of trouble landing hooks to the head but uppercuts would be a different story but that reminds me of what punch Ali was throwing when he got knocked on his ass! Joe would never STAY DOWN either

Evander Holyfield - always had the style and size to beat Tyson, his work rate was unparralelled in the division in his prime

Riddick Bowe - PERFECT style of finesse and power to destroy Tyson and he had a HELL of a chin

Lennox Lewis - Lennox in his prime was a SAFE fighter, he didn't give the other guy any oppertunities to do damage, and his 1-2 plus his uppercut and the way he clinched after he landed would really frustrate Tyson

Joe Louis - He was too damn good to get caught by Tyson and he was bigger and I think he punched harder than Tyson. Tyson never fucked anyone up the way Louis fucked up Schmelling.

I do think the following would have a good chance at Tyson:

Sonny Liston - he was tough and had a good jab but more importantly a fearsome figure with good power

Jack Dempsey - Tyson style in origination a little small but 218-220 is not a far cry from Dempsey's 195

Rocky Marciano - he was small but he kept punching, he had enormous power, he was a smothering style of fighter and had a good quick combination in the left hook + right uppercut. Also the heart of Rocky is unmatched!

Good/Greats Tyson could beat:
    Ken Norton - Why? Look at his record vs Power Punchers....not too good bro!

Gerry Cooney - He was big and easy to hit which was never good

Earnie Shavers - He could punch but had no defense and usually punched himself out...Jerry Quarry beat his ass!

Larry Holmes - good boxer, decent power, but he's no Ali....Larry made mistakes, Larry got caught a number of times...but he never fought someone who would make him pay for those mistakes which is why he did so well.

Bob Foster - GREAT light heavyweight, never did very well at heavyweight

James Toney - he lost that FIGHTIN FEELIN....he stopped throwing as many punches at heavyweight and relied on his defense and his punches didn't have the pop on them that they once had but it would be close because Tyson throws exactly the way Toney likes to block...hooks and uppercuts....but Tyson had a GREAT overhand right

Take from this what you will but it's just my opinion

ICB Guest

I disagree about Holmes at his best he had excellent jab better jab than Ali great chin and great boxing skills great stamina i agree with mostly what your saying but i will name boxers i disagree with who you have Tyson losing to.

Joe Louis
    Jack Dempsey
    Rocky Marciano

You honestly think Dempsey the guy with no defence and Marciano who cut easily would have better chance at beating Tyson than Holmes would Holmes has tools to beat Tyson Rocky and Dempsey have totally wrong style to beat him there brawlers who are easy to hit total disaster against Tyson.

El Kabong Guest

Holmes got HURT vs fighters he wasn't supposed to get hurt by none of those guys did that very often.

I don't consider Holmes near as good of a fighter as Ali....the jab was ok, his power, Eh....I mean who had an iron chin that he beat Tex Cobb There's no danger in Tex Cobb other than he'll take your power.

Louis beat A TON of fighters....25 title defenses vs anyone and everyone, Tyson's division was almost as weak and he couldn't even come close to that!

Marciano's style was awkward and despite of his lackluster technical skills he could land what he wanted to when he wanted to do it

Also just a clarification I said they would have a good chance vs Tyson....those guys were GREATS they'd have a good chance vs pretty much anyone

Thread Information