Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Froch likely to have two fights in 2015

Carl Froch's trainer remains hopeful about a Las Vegas fight with Julio Chavez Jr | Boxing News | Sky Sports

Talks are ongoing for the Chavez Jnr fight and Froch has returned to training. Say Froch fights and beats Chavez, who would you like to see Froch fight in his last outing?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Froch likely to have two fights in 2015

Maybe try and do something a light heavy against Stevenson or Kovalev.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

IMO Froch has taken the tough fights in his career already. He won't be jumping up to 175, facing GGG, or facing Ward again. He probably won't face DeGale. I see him challenging Junior in Vegas and calling it a day.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Froch is In a good enough position to have this legacy defining fights as well, he should just go for it !

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Maybe try and do something a light heavy against Stevenson or Kovalev.
    I was actually thinking that might be a possibility and still hold out a little hope. Kovalev would surly take it. That way he can attempt to erase the ghost of Joe Calzaghe and get his Vegas fight. I'm curious to see if the WBC does what it says it will and forces Stevensons hand to fully unify with the Russian.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He should stick to Chavez jr. and guys he can outclass. His lack of conviction on whether or not hey would keep fighting (when he said that if the fight didn't come off, he'd probably just retire) is dangerous for a fighter. When the motivation goes, so does that desire to stay sharp and fighters get dropped once they get a little sloppy and just go through the motions.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I could see Froch fight Ward.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Piss on a Stevenson, Kovalev, or Ward fight. Froch has been fighting 13 years, if the Chavez fight doesn't happen he should hang them up.
    He doesn't need to prove a thing to anyone in my opinion, so unless he needs the money, walk away. I would.

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    Piss on a Stevenson, Kovalev, or Ward fight. Froch has been fighting 13 years, if the Chavez fight doesn't happen he should hang them up.
    He doesn't need to prove a thing to anyone in my opinion, so unless he needs the money, walk away. I would.
    He is at the top and can command big money so why lose that opportunity he has worked hard to get to.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    He is at the top and can command big money so why lose that opportunity he has worked hard to get to.
    And it's not like he's not performing either...he just had a knockout of the year candidate In the biggest fight in Britain. If the fight was close or he lost then yeh fair enough hang them up, but he's still capable of having good wins. I think Froch deep down will be hungry for more action, he's not taking a bad beating where he has been knocked out. Hes a competitive guy, he will miss the buzz and will want to return. He's not like Hatton or JC where he will go on a cocaine bender and not be able to box again, he's a clean fighter and that will help things. He's always on the weight too and has never ballooned.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Carl still has a fight or two in him. All he needs is a kick in the ass and a challenge. Either one of those two is that challenge. He also wants to fight in Vegas. Chavez does nothing for him historically other then provide cash on a name that has not even had a fight at 168. I cant see Carl doing that as his last fight but maybe he will. I wouldn't even mind seeing him unify with Anthony Dirrell. They could play that brother angle and have that in Vegas.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Carl still has a fight or two in him. All he needs is a kick in the ass and a challenge. Either one of those two is that challenge. He also wants to fight in Vegas. Chavez does nothing for him historically other then provide cash on a name that has not even had a fight at 168. I cant see Carl doing that as his last fight but maybe he will. I wouldn't even mind seeing him unify with Anthony Dirrell. They could play that brother angle and have that in Vegas.
    In the UK , a fight like Bellew v Cleverly is PPV. So people think it's a walk in the park for Froch to headline a Vegas Bill. The truth is that the Americans don't see Froch or Anthony Dirrell as Vegas Headliners , they are not that interested. The only reason the Chavez fight is of interest as a Vegas Bill topper is because of Chavez! That may be undeserved, but that's the way it is.
    Chavez has contractual issues, so it might not happen. If that's the case, Froch either retires or motivates himself to fight Degale for Big money because he gets 70-80% of the purse. He won't go to LHW, he's always said that , and I also think it's unlikely he fights twice this year. Period!
    Last edited by Primo Carnera; 01-08-2015 at 02:14 AM. Reason: Missed a bit

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

Like I said, if he needs the money, fight.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Carl Froch says his Las Vegas fight with Julio Chavez Jr is nearly agreed | Boxing News | Sky Sports

Froch isn't in a rush to retire, I see him carrying in for a while to be honest. Degale fight is nearly confirmed.

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Froch fight De Gale I have to credit Carl again because he is giving a young, hungry, southpaw a chance to fight him when he could go Kessler 3 if he wanted to.

Thread Information