Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Lennox was right

I fully remember the first Lennox Holyfield fight in New York, biggest judging fix I have seen, UNTIL, last nights episode. A disgrace to the sanctioning bodies, and reflects badly on American boxing. The only good thing, which is financial/political, is that Wilder and Fury share a big money rematch and freeze Joshua out.
    Fury had the bollox to take the fight, Joshua/Hearn didn't.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Lennox was right

Quote Originally Posted by nuggetdotcom View Post
    I fully remember the first Lennox Holyfield fight in New York, biggest judging fix I have seen, UNTIL, last nights episode. A disgrace to the sanctioning bodies, and reflects badly on American boxing. The only good thing, which is financial/political, is that Wilder and Fury share a big money rematch and freeze Joshua out.
    For me here: I don't think Joshua can beat Tyson or Deontay after the performance. I don't think Joshua gets up and stays composed with hit with a Wilder shot. And I don't think Joshua will land at will on Fury.

To me: Wilder hits MUCH HARDER than Wlad. Wlad was always volume puncher. And as you saw, Joshua nearly fainted away when caught smack against Wlad.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joshua has the best fundamentals of all three. He has good speed, is big and strong, and appears to have good work ethic and state of the art training. All of that being said, I feel he lacks a certain toughness and mentality that the other two do, and I think that allows the other two to beat him if they ever meet.

Deontay is a great puncher, and is a very tall man. Only in today’s land of superheavies would 6’7”, 212-214 be considered the smaller man. He was very emotional for the Fury fight, and I feel like the moment got to him, making him go right hand crazy and fight in a one dimensional manner.

Fury is just plain great for Boxing. He is a character, seems like a genuinely good man, and showed a great amount of toughness and courage overcoming his personal demons and then beating Wilder like he did (never mind the judges). I believe Fury is the man we need for bokxing today, and what impressed me most was how he made the fight bigger than just a heavyweight championship, and he turned into him fighting for all who suffer from mental illness. He used that as a fuel to up his game and perform when he most needed to. Only greats can do that.

When looking at how they would have stacked up on the past, I feel that the golden era of heavies in the 90s run Joshua and Wilder our of the ring. Fury? With his massive height/weight, speed of hand/foot, boxing ability, and mental toughness, i think he fits right in there and goes even money or better with that group. Tough to find a guy his size, never mind one that big who also moves like a middleweight.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    For me here: I don't think Joshua can beat Tyson or Deontay after the performance. I don't think Joshua gets up and stays composed with hit with a Wilder shot. And I don't think Joshua will land at will on Fury.

To me: Wilder hits MUCH HARDER than Wlad. Wlad was always volume puncher. And as you saw, Joshua nearly fainted away when caught smack against Wlad.
    Wlads 1 punch KOs show Joshua has more than a decent chin to get up after being caught flush multiple times before and after the knockdown. Look at wlads opponents knockdd out

I'd say wlad hits harder than wilder at least as hard

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The fix in the first Golovkin v Alvarez fight was right up there too!
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lennox Lewis, fine fighter, lousy commentator/analyst. Did he have a weird beard pony tail? It looked like his head had just come out the tumble drier.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My reason for starting this thread was not to solicit comment on the 'new' Wilder/Fury/Joshua trilogy, there are plenty of other threads for that, it was to highlight the shameful judging of the fight, 19 years after Lennox was robbed in New York. This situation in the US cannot be allowed to carry on, the way interest is increasing in Europe, and decreasing in the US, means that potentially Euro bookmakers could appoint their own 'official' judges to adjudicate US based fights that involve Europeans. Serious amounts of money have just been robbed from Euro punters, courtesy of corrupt US appointed judges. I'm sure our larger bookmakers will not continue to accept this and appoint their own' respected household name' unofficial arbiters when our fighters go to the US.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

..... but surely the bookies were quids in with the draw? Best result they could have had. They would have lost money if Fury got the win.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    ..... but surely the bookies were quids in with the draw? Best result they could have had. They would have lost money if Fury got the win.
    But it was actually highway robbery, perpetrated by US appointed judges, again. Punters are not mugs, and bookies understand that, its their living. If there is a US based rematch I look forward to an enterprising UK based bookie offering their own 'impartial' judges. Even the most cold blooded UK bookmaker now knows the score and will offer a fairer alternative, otherwise nobody will bet!

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

People are aware it was a Mexican judge, a British judge and a Canadian judge right?

I agree the fight was wrongly scored but nationality doesn’t seem to be the weak link.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Wilder won 4 rounds with two 10-8's then it is relatively close. If someome scores a few more close rounds to Wilder (which there were) then a draw is feasible. It was not a robbery. It was one of those Pac/Marquez 1 kind of fights but the knock downs scored more because they were in different rounds rather than all in the same one. If Fury wanted a clear decision he should have done a Calzaghe/Hopkins and only be knocked down the once and then win most of the other rounds. Only 13 punches seperated Wilder and Fury. That is not decisive.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury just needed to box smart in the last round and he did not. It cost him the fight.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    But it was actually highway robbery, perpetrated by US appointed judges, again. Punters are not mugs, and bookies understand that, its their living. If there is a US based rematch I look forward to an enterprising UK based bookie offering their own 'impartial' judges. Even the most cold blooded UK bookmaker now knows the score and will offer a fairer alternative, otherwise nobody will bet!
    You can bet on draws and draw no bet and fights to go the distance - it's all factored in the price.

The draw was 33/1 during the week (with a major firm) and 20/1 in-play after 5 rounds (if you fancy your man on PTS always have a saver on the draw )
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My reason for starting this thread was not to solicit comment on the 'new' Wilder/Fury/Joshua trilogy, there are plenty of other threads for that, it was to highlight the shameful judging of the fight, 19 years after Lennox was robbed in New York. This situation in the US cannot be allowed to carry on, the way interest is increasing in Europe, and decreasing in the US, means that potentially Euro bookmakers could appoint their own 'official' judges to adjudicate US based fights that involve Europeans. Serious amounts of money have just been robbed from Euro punters, courtesy of corrupt US appointed judges. I'm sure our larger bookmakers will not continue to accept this and appoint their own' respected household name' unofficial arbiters when our fighters go to the US.
    No doubt that the one judge got it wrong , and the other (a Brit) gave a draw which he can get away with (not how I saw it btw.) and it happens in the States. But it happens in the UK as well. Some of the decisions and judges cards I've seen over here have been just as bad, sometimes worse.
    So you can't make it out to be a US thing.
    I think the judges need to be more accountable after the fight, after all they do get paid for doing this, so they should be sat down with and go through the fight and show how/why they've scored it as they have. if they can't justify it, they take the consequences, they don't get to do it again.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haven't got a copy of it. But for the brits out there its a picture of Tyson Fury with the caption 'First ever UK Gypsy to get robbed'

Thread Information