Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: What's a good cardio routine for.............

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default What's a good cardio routine for.............

Me?

I am about 40 lbs overweight and need to start doing cardio,
    I want to maximize weight loss.
    My stamina is not very good so I need to work on that too,
    I figure I need to work my way into it.

I have got my diet finally sorted, so I am good on that end.......

Any specifics you need to know would be great
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What's a good cardio routine for.............

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep
    Me?

First you need to get a check up, be sure everything is up and running properly
    1: Aerobic Exercise
    Start and aerobic exercise something rhythmic, continuous and involving the large muscle groups (primarily located in the lower part of your body.) Boxing, Walking, jogging, cycling, aerobic dance, and stair climbing are examples of activities that use large muscle groups.

2: Strength Training
    Unless you perform regular strength exercise, you will lose up to one-half pound of muscle every year of life after age 25

You need a treadmill, stairmaster, rowing machine or stationery cycle ,and put it in front of the T.V. so you will use it ! And think about it ! The Garage is no good Remember out of sight out of mind start off 10 min and each week add 10 min to your cardio. And build from there. Get some dumb bells 5-10-20 put them by your other equipment in the T.V. area ! Once again it will help you think about working out. Do some curls in between commercials when your watching T.V. work you way up. Remember The large Muscles burn the most fat. Also diet in real important take a multi vitamin every day, lack of certain vitamins and minerals can cause you to store fat. Hope this helps !

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lords Gym
    Me?

Start and aerobic exercise something rhythmic, continuous and involving the large muscle groups (primarily located in the lower part of your body.) Boxing, Walking, jogging, cycling, aerobic dance, and stair climbing are examples of activities that use large muscle groups.

Unless you perform regular strength exercise, you will lose up to one-half pound of muscle every year of life after age 25

You need a treadmill, stairmaster, rowing machine or stationery cycle ,and put it in front of the T.V. so you will use it ! And think about it ! The Garage is no good Remember out of sight out of mind start off 10 min and each week add 10 min to your cardio. And build from there. Get some dumb bells 5-10-20 put them by your other equipment in the T.V. area ! Once again it will help you think about working out. Do some curls in between commercials when your watching T.V. work you way up. Remember The large Muscles burn the most fat. Also diet in real important take a multi vitamin every day, lack of certain vitamins and minerals can cause you to store fat. Hope this helps !
    Awesome, thaks so much, I will definately follow your advise..
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

as well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Happy to help!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lords Gym
    Me?

I totally agree with this post made by Lord Gym...

Before you get into a huge Cardio program, make sure the Ticker will beable to handle it...

I would really look into the lower impact workouts to start off, Age can really creep up on you at this point of the game...

The treadmill, as much as it helps people, is a little bit rough on the body...for good results without all of the impact to the legs and ankles...get on an eliptical machine...start off with about 10-15 mins(These machines are awesome and will work your ass). as you get better, combine your eliptical workouts with regular walking..

When you are getting better, I would start your way to a higher cardio workout, such as boxing(What I consider to be the best of Cardio workouts), Get on a Bag and work it for 10-15 rounds...start off easy and the more you get used to it, pick up the intensity..

Just an opinion...GOOD LUCK!!!!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks a ton for you too

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would add that you should run the treadmill first thing in the morning before you eat. And that I would not run the treadmill on the same day that I strength train. If you have to do so, make sure that you strentgh train first.

Replace simple carbs with complex carbs. Brown rice instead of white rice, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

swimming!

lowest intensity sport there is, works every muscle in your body, arms, torso and legs.

just start with a few lengths and increase it each time you go

and watch your diet
    I'm the real pretty boy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingGorilla

I would add that you should run the treadmill first thing in the morning before you eat. And that I would not run the treadmill on the same day that I strength train. If you have to do so, make sure that you strentgh train first.

Replace simple carbs with complex carbs. Brown rice instead of white rice, etc.
    I would suggest not running on a treadmill to start of with your Diet and wanting to get back into shape...

Its to high of an impact workout and would really do more damage than good...

Use Eliptical or stair climbers, the resistance on these machines will work your body alot more, plus cut your workout time compared to treadmills in half....

Good Luck,

Coach

Thread Information