Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Froch lays down challenge to Inkin

Froch Targets Inkin

Carl Froch has called on Russian Dennis Inkin to meet him in a final world-title eliminator.

The British and Commonwealth super-middleweight champion Froch stopped another Russian, Sergey Tatevosyan, in two rounds on Friday.

Froch was ranked number three by both the WBO and WBC prior to that fight but Lucian Bute - who was ranked above him by both bodies - has opted to contest a final eliminator for the IBF championship.

With Bute out of the picture, Froch is set to move up and become the number-two contender for the WBO crown held by his long-term rival Joe Calzaghe. Only Inkin would remain above him.

Froch, however, holds the whip hand over Inkin with the WBC, whose rankings he is set to top.

"I get the feeling Inkin is hoping to sit and wait in his number-one slot with the WBO and get a nice, easy, straight shot at the title," began Froch. "But I'm afraid, Dennis, that you are going to have come through me.

"I am right on your case. We are going to be number one and number two for both the WBC and WBO titles. To find the mandatory (challenger) there needs to be a final eliminator. Calzaghe's next defence is due soon. Let's cut out the rubbish and do it for both titles.

"I'm challenging you to meet me in an old-school fight between two undefeated bangers," Froch added.

"Don't swerve me at all costs like Bute has. It was looking like him and me in a WBC final eliminator, but he has gone another route. His team knew I was contracted to box last week so I couldn't fight an IBF eliminator.

"Don't look for the easy option and play the ratings game. You're 29-0 with 23 KOs; I'm 21-0 with 17 KOs. We are the highest-rated contenders, so let's do things the proper way.

"You beat me as an amateur. You got a good win on points in an England-Russia international. But don't forget, in the last round I put you down heavily and only the bell saved you. I want the opportunity to do the job properly this time. I'm going to knock you out."

http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=10392&more=1
    http://www.sportinglife.com/boxing/n...al_132510.html

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Froch lays down challenge to Inkin

THATS MY BOY!!!!!!!!!! I told you he was showing us he is the real man at 168 and i truely do believe that he will stop inkin. He is a brutal power house and i feel if he beats inkin he will deserve a shot at a 168 crown, i feel CF is doing the right thing steping up to somebody of inkins class and after seeing his last perfomance i really do believe carl will stop him! it will be his hardest fight so far but i believe he can win.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Froch already has a late KO over him and he'll be more powerful now so for me he knocks him out mid rounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Smashup
    Froch already has a late KO over him and he'll be more powerful now so for me he knocks him out mid rounds.
    No, Froch was outboxed before he got in a lucky KD. Froch lost the fight.....

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It'll be a good fight if it happens. Inkin is a tidy fighter but I fancy Froch has a little more about him.

3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It would make sense for them to fight this eliminator for both belts. Hope finally that Froch is starting to get his act together, he hasn't got much time. I do think that he was one of those fighters that provided a lot of risk but not enough reward for the other top fighters in the division, so there was no way that they would fight him until they had to. Unfortunately playing the ratings game takes ages.
    Also could anyone actually explain to me in a way that makes sense how the rating actually work. I have been following boxing as long as I can remember but have no idea where they pull these rankings from.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by sanj16
    It would make sense for them to fight this eliminator for both belts. Hope finally that Froch is starting to get his act together, he hasn't got much time. I do think that he was one of those fighters that provided a lot of risk but not enough reward for the other top fighters in the division, so there was no way that they would fight him until they had to. Unfortunately playing the ratings game takes ages.
    Also could anyone actually explain to me in a way that makes sense how the rating actually work. I have been following boxing as long as I can remember but have no idea where they pull these rankings from.
    It's as simple as basic Calculus really.

Fighter A beats #1 ranked Fighter B and Fighter C's promoter pays off Boxing Commisioner X and the result is

#1 Fighter C
    #2 Fighter A
    #3 Fighter B

And then Fighter D comes back with an Emetrius in effect and you get

#1 Fighter D
    #2 Fighter C
    #3 Fighter E (Who's promoter paid Commisioner X not quite enough)
    #4 Fighter A
    #5 Fighter B

The champion of the division decides to move up in weight and vacates the title

So then

#1 Fighter C
    #2 Fighter E
    #3 Fighter A
    #4 Fighter B

And #1 Fighter C fights #14 Fighter F for the vacant title

Hope that helps.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nice one Killer

Spot on.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Beer
    Quote Originally Posted by Smashup
    No, Froch was outboxed before he got in a lucky KD. Froch lost the fight.....

Have you seen the fight?

“You beat me as an amateur. You got a good win on points in an England-Russia International. But don’t forget, in the last round I put you down heavily and only the bell saved you. I want the opportunity to do the job properly this time. I’m going to knock you out.”

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well done for both....
    Thats what I like to see Froch just made a bigger fan out of me with those statements, thats what it's about man! doing things the right way....
    Going in the ring and settleing any questions there.....

The balls on Team Inkins court now and well see what happens....

As for the amateur fight, let's not put too much emphasis on it I think we can agree that neither fighter is exactly the same since then and they have learned new things....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK
    Well done for both....
    Thats what I like to see Froch just made a bigger fan out of me with those statements, thats what it's about man! doing things the right way....

As for the amateur fight, let's not put too much emphasis on it I think we can agree that neither fighter is exactly the same since then and they have learned new things....
    Spot on Mick.

Win, lose or draw these 2 fighters (if Inkin comes onboard) could show Kessler & Calzaghe what it's all about - Screw the '0' let's do it proper.

As you say Mick, both fighter's have changed considerably since then - but with a full 12 rounds and smaller gloves, i'd favour Froch over Inkin.

But if it goes the points direction, then Inkin could come on top, but there'll definitely be a couple of 10/8 rounds to CF en route.

But punches win fights - and knowing CF lost once as a middleweight will spur him on - now he's a full sized supermiddle he'll be wanting to steam through Inkin.

I just hope it's not in bloody germany - otherwise it'll wont go ahead.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by G0MEZ
    Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK
    Well done for both....

Spot on Mick.

Win, lose or draw these 2 fighters (if Inkin comes onboard) could show Kessler & Calzaghe what it's all about - Screw the '0' let's do it proper.

As you say Mick, both fighter's have changed considerably since then - but with a full 12 rounds and smaller gloves, i'd favour Froch over Inkin.

But if it goes the points direction, then Inkin could come on top, but there'll definitely be a couple of 10/8 rounds to CF en route.

But punches win fights - and knowing CF lost once as a middleweight will spur him on - now he's a full sized supermiddle he'll be wanting to steam through Inkin.

I just hope it's not in bloody germany - otherwise it'll wont go ahead.
    Yeah! man thats what it's about if Kess & Joe don't wanna boogie then let's have Froch & Inkin boogie....
    I see your theory on the gloves & rounds and it makes sense....

Maybe they could have the fight here in Los Angeles at the Staples Center
    Neutral grounds....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maybe May the 5th - and not too far from LA ?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by G0MEZ
    Maybe May the 5th - and not too far from LA ?
    Now that! would be great....
    I would sell my cars and use the money to get tickets somehow.

Thread Information