Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Buster Douglas With Proper Training Against Holyfield ??

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default Buster Douglas With Proper Training Against Holyfield ??

I just watched this fight again and i was wondering what would of happened if Douglas would of had proper training ?? me personally i think it would of been alot closer but i still feel Holyfield was way too sharp for him and was avoiding Douglas's jab very well but some people seem to think Douglas would of beat Holyfield if it would of been same Douglas that fought Tyson imo Tyson didn't have his headmovement and he was basically bit of a punchbag for Douglas even though Douglas fought great fight i still feel prime Holyfield with his sharp combos and high workrate would be too much pressure for Douglas forcing the stoppage late on with Douglas's suspect stamina.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Buster Douglas With Proper Training Against Holyfield ??

I think Holyfield had the tools to beat any Buster mate. Just my thoughts but I reckon so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Actually with Douglas's superior power and reach,dont see that he couldnt have won if he hadnt shown up needing a bra

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Buster Douglas had an excellent fight with Tyson January 1990 but still made best use of Tyson's lethargy in what concerns to Mike's known accelerations coming in and simply beat him to the punch most of the time with flashy jabs combined with solid straight rights and uppercuts.
    Evander Holyfield had an excellent performance against Douglas October 1990 but still made best use of Douglas lack of conditioning in what concerns to sharpness, feinting and throwing from outside and caught him open with that twisting counter right as James missed with a long left uppercut.
    Holyfield's best accents which were the relentless attack with studied, blazing combinations and moving on his toes and in circles against Buster Douglas size and excellent leg movement himself, floating and unleashing faster, more fluid punches than Evander? I say Buster would probably have beaten Evander to the punch often but Evander's resilience and Douglas chin would determine a late TKO for Holyfield, very much like against Dynamite Dokes in Ceasers Palace 1989.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That Dokes had completely blown his career up his nose at that point
    Ruddock took him out in the 4th,not the 10th the very next year

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Monkey
    No shame in that considering what a puncher Ruddock was and the devasting knockout was incredible Dokes last great performance was against Holyfield he fought great in that fight it was a toe to toe slugfest but Holyfield was too tough for him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    No shame in that considering what a puncher Ruddock was and the devasting knockout was incredible Dokes last great performance was against Holyfield he fought great in that fight it was a toe to toe slugfest but Holyfield was too tough for him.
    So was all the coke he was doing
    Dokes ruined himself
    Shame really he might have been a great one if he'd stayed clean

ICB Guest

Dokes ruined himself
    He had very fast hands for hw i remember him blitzing Weaver in the first round and im not sure if i got the right fight but when he fought Coetzee i think that was the fight where Coetzees ko punch was heard by everyone in the arena because it was such a devasting blow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dokes ruined himself
    He had very fast hands for hw i remember him blitzing Weaver in the first round and im not sure if i got the right fight but when he fought Coetzee i think that was the fight where Coetzees ko punch was heard by everyone in the arena because it was such a devasting blow.
    Oh no doubt Dokes was a very talented fighter
    Everyone,myself included,thought he and Page were going to be the next generation of great Heavies.
    Page never recovered from the Spoon loss,Dokes had massive weight and drug issues
    By the time Dokes gets to Holyfield,while he put on a HELL of a fight,the coke was just wearing on him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just watched this fight again and i was wondering what would of happened if Douglas would of had proper training ?? me personally i think it would of been alot closer but i still feel Holyfield was way too sharp for him and was avoiding Douglas's jab very well but some people seem to think Douglas would of beat Holyfield if it would of been same Douglas that fought Tyson imo Tyson didn't have his headmovement and he was basically bit of a punchbag for Douglas even though Douglas fought great fight i still feel prime Holyfield with his sharp combos and high workrate would be too much pressure for Douglas forcing the stoppage late on with Douglas's suspect stamina.
    Ice Cold, I don't mean to change the subject in this thread, but I wanted to make sure you saw this: I just found the thread with all of the videos from youtube. I really appreciate the time that you put into that and thank you. As I'm overseas these days and without a tv, that thread is really nice for me. Last night I watched some great fights, and I'll do the same tonight (if I can find the thread again). Nothing like a long list of videos of great fights! Thanks again. cc (I cc'd Cut Me Mick as well.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Douglas mistimed the uppercut against Holyfield and he paid dearly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by sexydarin
    Douglas mistimed the uppercut against Holyfield and he paid dearly.
    He was able to get away with throwing the uppercut from the outside with Tyson. Throwing it from the outside is one of the things trainers try to keep you away from.
    http://www.freewebs.com/neutral-corner/

Thread Information