Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Pacquiao lowers share; fight likely

According to a report, from a newspaper in the Philippines:

Pacquiao said over the weekend that he no longer minds getting the smaller share of the purse as long as he gets to face Mayweather in the ring.

Now that Manny Pacquiao has agreed to a smaller share of the prize money, there is no other choice for Floyd Mayweather but to sign his name above the dotted line.

“I can see a flickering light at the end of the tunnel,” said Pacquiao lawyer Jeng Gacal, sounding a bit upbeat that Pacquiao’s latest move would finally persuade Mayweather to agree so the fight the world wants to see would become a reality in 2012.

Pacquiao lowers share; fight likely | The Manila Bulletin Newspaper Online

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Pacquiao lowers share; fight likely

I've lost interest TBH now. The Pac vs JMM fight didn't exactly help to excite me about the prospect of Pac vs Floyd either.

If it happens, I may tune in though

God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H View Post
    I've lost interest TBH now. The Pac vs JMM fight didn't exactly help to excite me about the prospect of Pac vs Floyd either.

If it happens, I may tune in though

It's been frustrating not being able to see it, so I think a lot of fans have just said fuck it. I don't put too much stock in what happened in the Pac-JMM fight, Pac vs Floyd would still be a mega-fight that needs to get made and it would be great for boxing.

The most frustrating part is you hear rumors that both Pacquiao and Mayweather really want this fight to happen now, but it still languishes in negotiations...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've lost interest in this fight as well. It seems like both guys want to get the fight on, but Bob Arum will probably get in the way of it. Bob works for Manny, it's not the other way around. He needs to tell him he wants the fight, and this is the only fight he wants.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by MMASUX View Post
    I've lost interest in this fight as well. It seems like both guys want to get the fight on, but Bob Arum will probably get in the way of it. Bob works for Manny, it's not the other way around. He needs to tell him he wants the fight, and this is the only fight he wants.
    At this this point there's no fucking reason why this fight can't be put together, so you've got to figure if it doesn't, there's got to be something fishy going on in one or both of the fighters camps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can only be a good thing if it takes at least one excuse away from PBF. It has dragged in a while but lets face it the fight will not let us down on our expectations. Its very rare that probably the two best p4p fighters in the world fight at the same weight and meet. Will bring so much extra publicity to boxing. Non-boxing fans will even watch or at least be talking about it.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

With all due respect, I disregard ANY Filipino source for all things Mayweather/Pacquiao.

I've heard the most ridiculous things come from some of those sources..you only have to look at any article where a writer looks at things without bias to see a billion brainwashed Pactards flood the comments area with nonsense.

Obviously, I expect the bias but a lot of their stories are baseless. I don't remember the pot-split ever being an issue in the first place?

Yeah, I'm sure Floyd has mentioned outside of negotiations that he should be getting the lions share because of blah blah blah but this sounds like an excuse for the Pacfans when Uncle Bob throws a wrench into the negotiations to say "See! Chicken Gayweather Quack Quack Duckweather is still running away..Pacman even offered to take less money!! waa waa waa.."

I still don't see this fight happening as long as Arum is alive but we can hope..

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who really cares anymore. The fight is around 2 to 3 years overdue anyways.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Althugz View Post
    With all due respect, I disregard ANY Filipino source for all things Mayweather/Pacquiao.

I've heard the most ridiculous things come from some of those sources..you only have to look at any article where a writer looks at things without bias to see a billion brainwashed Pactards flood the comments area with nonsense.

Obviously, I expect the bias but a lot of their stories are baseless. I don't remember the pot-split ever being an issue in the first place?

Yeah, I'm sure Floyd has mentioned outside of negotiations that he should be getting the lions share because of blah blah blah but this sounds like an excuse for the Pacfans when Uncle Bob throws a wrench into the negotiations to say "See! Chicken Gayweather Quack Quack Duckweather is still running away..Pacman even offered to take less money!! waa waa waa.."

I still don't see this fight happening as long as Arum is alive but we can hope..
    Unfortunately I mostly agree with this. I'm slightly less pessimistic about the fight being made but if it doesn't, it seems like the blame clearly falls on Arum. Consider: wouldn't this fight have happened already if Pac had succeeded in leaving Top Rank for Golden Boy whenever that was?

P.S. These "who cares; I don't care any more" responses strike me as BS. Yes, this would have been more interesting before Pac looked bad against a guy that Floyd completely outclassed and embarrassed. But it's still easily the biggest fight in boxing and you will all be excited about it and watch it if it actually gets made. Stop fronting.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

True, dat, Phillipino sources are for the most part totally unreliable, I was just hoping, that for once this might be true.
    Like I said, if this fight can't be put together now, something very fishy is going on somewhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

LOL I love that Pacs camp chose Marquez at a higher weight class thinking hed obliterate him and that it would make him look good. Instead it made him look terrible, beatable and very bad against counter punchers....thats what you get for trying to manipulate situations
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agreed.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Snakey View Post
    LOL I love that Pacs camp chose Marquez at a higher weight class thinking hed obliterate him and that it would make him look good. Instead it made him look terrible, beatable and very bad against counter punchers....thats what you get for trying to manipulate situations
    I don't put too much stock in Pac vs JMM III, if these two fought 3 more times, we'd probably still have a simular result. Marquez is a great fighter, who knows exactly how to fight Pacquiao, Manny will always have problems with him.
    Even though some might think so, I don't believe that Pac vs JMM III tarnishes Pac vs Floyd, it would still be a huge fight, and one that I believe would be competitive.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post

True, dat, Phillipino sources are for the most part totally unreliable, I was just hoping, that for once this might be true.
    Like I said, if this fight can't be put together now, something very fishy is going on somewhere.
    Don't get me wrong, I've read a few places that quote Manny as having said "I don't mind getting less" so that part is probably true but it's just the way these article titles are spun - "Pacquaio Lowers Share - Fight Likely" as though they are deep into negotiations and Pac has agreed officially to lower his share of the money. It was, as I understand it, just an off the cuff statement that Pacquiao made in an interview.

Also agree with Shza, I've said it before and will say it again, anyone who says they won't watch this fight or don't care about it anymore are straight lying. Two years ago would have been better but still the biggest fight in boxing.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post

Don't get me wrong, I've read a few places that quote Manny as having said "I don't mind getting less" so that part is probably true but it's just the way these article titles are spun - "Pacquaio Lowers Share - Fight Likely" as though they are deep into negotiations and Pac has agreed officially to lower his share of the money. It was, as I understand it, just an off the cuff statement that Pacquiao made in an interview.

Also agree with Shza, I've said it before and will say it again, anyone who says they won't watch this fight or don't care about it anymore are straight lying. Two years ago would have been better but still the biggest fight in boxing.
    Who knows, it might even be bigger, 2 years ago, I honestly had little interest in seeing it, but I do now. Partly because Floyd has grown on me a bit, i've gone from being a serious hater, to appreciating him and what he's accomplished.

Like I said, should Pac-Floyd ever happen, Pac-JMM wouldn't do anything to tarnish it.
    Last edited by Mars_ax; 12-20-2011 at 09:12 PM.

Thread Information