Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd's competition vs Manny's competition

Manny has losses because he dared to be great. Floyd doesn't because he cares for the 0 more than anything. Floyd thinks that retiring undefeated will make him " TBE " where Manny has lost attempting to prove it.
    “Boxing is like jazz. The better it is, the less people appreciate it.”
    - George Foreman

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    The majority of us would probably all agree that floyd has the edge in the harder opponents and has consistently beat everyone of his 47 opponents including castillo with a torn rotator.

Can we please discuss manny pac 5 losses..?

Do you think we could touch on that a teeny weeny bit?

Manny is a great guy (no doubt) but lets exclude the wars he had with marquez with the last one leaving him completely sparked out by an out of prime 40 year old who jumped up in weight?!!

Lets stay away from the easy accusation of nut hugging and deflecting the arguement and deal with mannys great but flawed record.

Floyd and manny are worlds apart in skill and £worth£ but lets keep ignoring it and make it seem like manny is ying to floyds yang as it keeps everyone guessing..

Next time this thread should be between manny and bradley as they both beat each other but after bradleys injury in the second fight it was plain to see he was a different fighter (again).

Close your eyes.

Put your house on the fight.

Be honest with yourself

Who would you really bet on to win..exactly.
    Seems like the majority on the board feel Pac fought tougher comp. I only see yourself and Beanflicker saying opposite and really not making much sense or a convincing argument. You can see the bias come through in your guys posts. Honestly, you don't make very many rational, unbiased observations, you just get frustrated and end up off topic on who would win a head to head fight, who beat what version of whom...etc. Good down the list. Look at 1) fighters ranked P4P at the time of the fight, 2) Times either guy was the considerable underdog and won 3) How many prime HOF fighters each guy fought. That should be your criteria and it isn't even close. I will help out and post so you guys don't have to do the work and look it up.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think the bigger issue for many Mayweather fans that Pac fans don't understand and therefore don't want to address is the fact that Pacquiao refused drug testing for so long and for such ridiculous reasons that his credibility is shot.

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    I think both guys competition is very comparable.There are a huge raft of shared opponents but Manny's wins have often seemed more emphatic. Horses for courses, very different styles, personalities and fighters are Floyd and Manny. I don't think one is emphatically better than the other in reality, but Manny is easier for the non boxing anorak to appreciate.
    Superb again and it is far easier for any casual fan to accept manny rather than floyd
    The ironic reality is though, that casual fans are far more likely to know than anoraks. They are not so easily distracted by meaningless details like how much money each has made or how you think that Floyd is SO much more skillful."Worlds apart" was the phrase you used, but they are just not. Manny makes it look simple but the guy is not the clueless brawler you would like to think. It's nice to think we are experts but if we really were we would all bet our house on every fight and we don't.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Maravilla2012 View Post
    Manny has losses because he dared to be great. Floyd doesn't because he cares for the 0 more than anything. Floyd thinks that retiring undefeated will make him " TBE " where Manny has lost attempting to prove it.
    Manny haz losez becuz he has a bad defense. u dnt need power to win or speed. but u need a good defense to NOT lose.
    Lifes a wheel of fortune and its my turn to spin it. -Tupac Shakur

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    I think the bigger issue for many Mayweather fans that Pac fans don't understand and therefore don't want to address is the fact that Pacquiao refused drug testing for so long and for such ridiculous reasons that his credibility is shot.
    Why do you have to frame it like a p***ng contest? Mayweather fans on one side and Manny's on the other. The reality is the majority of people here appreciate both and don't reduce themselves into such dichotomies. Mayweather does not merely represent the defensive, ring smart genius boxer and Manny only the offensive, gung ho brawler, fighter. They have elements of each others arsenal in each of their repertoire. It's why they are successful and why they are followed by Millions.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why do you have to frame it like a p***ng contest? Mayweather fans on one side and Manny's on the other. The reality is the majority of people here appreciate both and don't reduce themselves into such dichotomies. Mayweather does not merely represent the defensive, ring smart genius boxer and Manny only the offensive, gung ho brawler, fighter. They have elements of each others arsenal in each of their repertoire. It's why they are successful and why they are followed by Millions.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is there an echo in here ?
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Steroids

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel "Chubby" Medina View Post
    Manny has losses because he has a bad defense. You don't need power to win or speed. But you need a good defense to NOT lose.
    There you go fixed it for you . Anyways your post is irrelevant how many times do we hear of guys losing a fight because they didn't throw enough ? Defense is not the key to victory. Look at Clottey for Abraham who block for most their fights and lose when they step up. A great offense keeps your opponents hands at home and that's how you win. That's why they say Be first not block all hes punches before you throw.
    “Boxing is like jazz. The better it is, the less people appreciate it.”
    - George Foreman

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Steroids
    Rocco, ur mom called. She wants u to put up ur gerbil and bring her laptop upstairs. She said make sure u clean the lotion off the buttons this time....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel "Chubby" Medina View Post
    Manny has losses because he has a bad defense. You don't need power to win or speed. But you need a good defense to NOT lose.
    There you go fixed it for you . Anyways your post is irrelevant how many times do we hear of guys losing a fight because they didn't throw enough ? Defense is not the key to victory. Look at Clottey for Abraham who block for most their fights and lose when they step up. A great offense keeps your opponents hands at home and that's how you win. That's why they say Be first not block all hes punches before you throw.
    A fighter wit a bad defense iz in more risk of losin den a fighter with good defense
    Lifes a wheel of fortune and its my turn to spin it. -Tupac Shakur

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Exclamation Re: Floyd's competition vs Manny's competition

Pac agreed to the current standardized testing done on boxers before and after fights. Once that agreement had already been accepted then Floyd wants to start changing things. It was a non issue other than Floyd wanting to show he was the boss. Current testing finds cheats I think that would be good enough. Manny would have gone to Floyd's house where where Floyd would have had his hand injections. It's like that let that law stand for Floyd himself. Manny didn't botch about that. I think Floyd was looking to push buttons and he succeeded. Pac

Despite what I commented upon here I love Floyd in the ring. He is a marvelous spectacle of boxing. I am an official Pactard. We can tear apart the history of these guys respective past fights. I definitely think Manny is a more exciting fighter, he doesn't ride a bike as well as Floyd. I think the postponement of this fight will work in Mannys favor. I'm telling you, the fight will happen. It will be a beautiful thing and I will be happy for a month seeing Manny win.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post
    The majority of us would probably all agree that floyd has the edge in the harder opponents and has consistently beat everyone of his 47 opponents including castillo with a torn rotator.

Can we please discuss manny pac 5 losses..?

Do you think we could touch on that a teeny weeny bit?

Manny is a great guy (no doubt) but lets exclude the wars he had with marquez with the last one leaving him completely sparked out by an out of prime 40 year old who jumped up in weight?!!

Lets stay away from the easy accusation of nut hugging and deflecting the arguement and deal with mannys great but flawed record.

Floyd and manny are worlds apart in skill and £worth£ but lets keep ignoring it and make it seem like manny is ying to floyds yang as it keeps everyone guessing..

Next time this thread should be between manny and bradley as they both beat each other but after bradleys injury in the second fight it was plain to see he was a different fighter (again).

Close your eyes.

Put your house on the fight.

Be honest with yourself

Who would you really bet on to win..exactly.
    Seems like the majority on the board feel Pac fought tougher comp. I only see yourself and Beanflicker saying opposite and really not making much sense or a convincing argument. You can see the bias come through in your guys posts. Honestly, you don't make very many rational, unbiased observations, you just get frustrated and end up off topic on who would win a head to head fight, who beat what version of whom...etc. Good down the list. Look at 1) fighters ranked P4P at the time of the fight, 2) Times either guy was the considerable underdog and won 3) How many prime HOF fighters each guy fought. That should be your criteria and it isn't even close. I will help out and post so you guys don't have to do the work and look it up.
    His logo is TMT. I didn't expect him to be rational when it came to Floyd.

Let's be honest though. Floyd hasn't lost. That's something Manny can't claim. Like Manny, he's a multiple weight champion. Are some of his wins manufactured? Yes. Are some of Manny's? Yes. Even with the weight advantage, he did something Manny has never been able to do and that's skunk Marquez. Has his opposition in the last few years been less than desired? Absolutely. Still though, he's done for the most part what he should do with that opposition. I would say his best wins came more than a few years ago. I would also say he's comparable with Manny on a historical scale. In other words, there isn't a ton separating them.

Thread Information