Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roach: '...no way we're going to lose this fight, nooo way, I don't see it.'

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Question Roach: '...no way we're going to lose this fight, nooo way, I don't see it.'

Freddie Roach sez:

"I don’t know if I’m crazy or not but I’m so confident there’s no way we’re going to lose this fight. Nooo way. I don’t see it."

That was a some strong words. Freddie is beginning to give even the most skeptical of pac-fans, including me, a glimmer of hope. Is he talking sense there or is that mouthful of plops? [thanx plopeater] I've never been convinced yet but who can go against Freddie, he's supposed to know the fight, and the fighters, probably more than anyone else. My heart says amen, but my mind says no. I've used all my mathematical skills but it still comes short. (Don't worry, SaddoBoxer, I've always been a C+ student in math.) I guess we'll just have to wait to find out.
    Once in awhile, get outside in fresh air, take a deep breath & with a deep sigh, let out all the things that's bottled up inside you & be free, & you'll get a glimpse of nirvana.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Roach: '...no way we're going to lose this fight, nooo way, I don't see it.'

Roach is really beginning to come across as a total jerk. His predictions and opinions on fights and fighter have been completely off recently. It will be very embarrassing for him if all his trash talking backfires in his face. Not sure if it's a good idea to put a fire underneath a champion like Delahoya.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Roach: '...no way we're going to lose this fight, nooo way, I don't see it.'

Quote Originally Posted by zhubin View Post
    Not sure if it's a good idea to put a fire underneath a champion like Delahoya.
    Well, that part, I can surely agree. Turning Oscar into a madman on the ring is the last thing pac needs. He's been at it ever since the training started. I wonder why...
    Once in awhile, get outside in fresh air, take a deep breath & with a deep sigh, let out all the things that's bottled up inside you & be free, & you'll get a glimpse of nirvana.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't invest too much in what Freddie Roach says. He's also the only guy who thought Bernard Hopkins was going a little senile before he beat the hair off Kelly Pavlik.
    Oops

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What's he supposed to say, "There's little chance we're going to win, basically our hope is that Oscar comes in so weight-drained that he can't land a punch"?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Like Oscar's gonna get pissed off about something like this, he's a businessman, dude's probably sitting in his private vault, wearing panties, walking around throwing money in the air as we speak.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What's your source here man? I seem to remember this from the first 24/7 episode. Trainers ALWAYS say this about their fighters before fights.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan View Post
    Like Oscar's gonna get pissed off about something like this, he's a businessman, dude's probably sitting in his private vault, wearing panties, walking around throwing money in the air as we speak.
    did you see what he did to mayorga?
    Lifes a wheel of fortune and its my turn to spin it. -Tupac Shakur

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    What's your source here man? I seem to remember this from the first 24/7 episode. Trainers ALWAYS say this about their fighters before fights.
    Here it is, killasheep. I thought pasting might not be allowed. The mods can take care of that, just in case.

http://www.mb.com.ph/archive_pages.p...127142104.html

So not one of you guys think he's talking sense here. All right I'll go with you guys...

...at least until the other pac-dudes comes in. I've been fickle-minded lately, being swayed here and there, whereever the wind takes me.

XaduBoxer Guest

Yup pacfan... We'll wait for Saturday to come...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Killface View Post
    I don't invest too much in what Freddie Roach says. He's also the only guy who thought Bernard Hopkins was going a little senile before he beat the hair off Kelly Pavlik.
    Are you kidding there was basically three of us on this entire forum that said Bernard would win. 90% of you were saying Pavlik would win by KO. I agree with him that Bernard is going to worsen his quality of life the longer he fights.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel "Chubby" Medina View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan View Post
    did you see what he did to mayorga?
    Oscar's just a pro, he'll act like its personal if he thinks it will build the PPV numbers up. If anything he was more aggressive against Mayorga cause he knew he would most likely kick his ass.

Not saying he's a robot (), I just don't buy most of his act in the lead up to fights. Of course I don't buy a lot of fighters acts in the lead up to fights.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What's very interesting about this fight is to see 'how' pac will beat Oscar, as Freddie says or implies he (pac) will, because quite honestly, I can't see it. And to be more honest, I'm still not convinced. I've got to see it to believe it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    What's he supposed to say, "There's little chance we're going to win, basically our hope is that Oscar comes in so weight-drained that he can't land a punch"?

your the only one who made sense so far. of course he's gonna sell the fight. after all they will all make money out of this regardless of what he said about not taking the money if pac loses.
    "speed is the essence of war"
    sun tzu-art of war

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

well we would just have to see in 2 days. but Roach has kinda been talkin out his ass for the past few weeks. But atleast hes making it interesting which could bring more sells.

Thread Information