Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Im Bit Confused About Amir Khan vs Manny Pacquiao

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default Im Bit Confused About Amir Khan vs Manny Pacquiao

Warren has only been putting Khan in with light punchers, especially after the Limond fight. So now why would he even consider putting Khan in with a monster hitter like Pacquiao ?? that just makes no sense to me at all. Khan's chin isn't the strongest and Warren also realizes this so why would he consider this match up ?? and Warren is known to protect his fighters so this just seems like he is throwing Khan to the wolves.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Im Bit Confused About Amir Khan vs Manny Pacquiao

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    Warren has only been putting Khan in with light punchers, especially after the Limond fight. So now why would he even consider putting Khan in with a monster hitter like Pacquiao ?? that just makes no sense to me at all. Khan's chin isn't the strongest and Warren also realizes this so why would he consider this match up ?? and Warren is known to protect his fighters so this just seems like he is throwing Khan to the wolves.
    You're quite right ICB. I really don't think that Khan vs Pacquaio will happen in 2008.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is this actually happening then or what...Surly it's just a joke...

I get the feeling Khan wants stiffer tests but Frankie is breast feeding him or some shit...Only a year left on the contract, wonder if he'll have some sense and split from Warren.
    "It wasn't the night of the jab"

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is the most simlpe way for you to understand it.

Khan-Pac would be a MEGA fight earning EVERYONE involved TONS of lovely lolly. Fact.

Had Khan been beaten on his journey towards potential mega-fights he wouldn't even be considered now for Pac-type fights. That's why you don't take risks overmatching a money-making machine. Fact.

Also.. I believe Khan only has one fight left with his current Warren connection
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if warren wants khan to keep his 0 he better not make this fight. khan can't beat pacman

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

IfKahn is coming out of Warren's contract, perhaps he is kicking up and contemplating leaving Frank. If so Frank will use his last fight as a way of making a killing. If Kahn loses it just makes him one less fighter with an undefeated record that Frnak doesn't control.

On the otherhand, Kahn a lightweight and perhaps natural Light welter, is far bigger than Pac so perhaps he has a chance.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny View Post
    IfKahn is coming out of Warren's contract, perhaps he is kicking up and contemplating leaving Frank. If so Frank will use his last fight as a way of making a killing. If Kahn loses it just makes him one less fighter with an undefeated record that Frnak doesn't control.

On the otherhand, Kahn a lightweight and perhaps natural Light welter, is far bigger than Pac so perhaps he has a chance.
    Hmm.. it's probably a bit more subtle than that, my man.

If Khan wants the mega fights Warren can get them. Being linked with Pac at the moment doesn't mean he'll HAVE TO or WILL BE fighting him anytime soon

ICB Guest

Ahh so Khan only has one fight left with Warren ?? that makes sense then for Warren to try and make the most money for Khan's last fight with him.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I only see two reasons:

1; Warren just wants to make some real $$$$ while he still has khan. Not giving a damn no more about khan so he feeds him to pacman.

2; Putting Khans name out there with pac would have the world thinking wtf (w=who) is khan? Just some publicity for khan but not really going to fight pac.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khans next fight is in June, that's when his ITV contract runs out.. oh and it wont be against Pac..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

People are forgetting Amir Khan is a great tactician, and Pacquaio doesn't have the strongest chin ever either. Khan is the biggest puncher Pacquaio will have ever faced, and if Pacquaio's footwork slows down even more going to 135 who knows what will happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan is not ready for Pac. He will get smashed. Khan is a very good up and coming fighter, but he is not ready for elite competition. Given him at least 5 more fights and then he can take on some of the top lightweights. Why the rush on this guy? Why no rush for guys like Joe, Ricky and Naseem? I guess I'd rather see Khan step up to the plate before he has 35 fights, but this is a little too soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But look how he did against Kindelan? Look how much quicker he got Graham out of there than Katsidis. I think he already on the championship level of boxing. THis fight will make him a ton of money, and what if he wins? I am a huge Pacquaio fan, but I realize that Khan is one of the few guys I would give a chance of beating him. Katsidis is way too slow, and doesn't have a good enough chin to fight Pacquaio with his lack of defense. Casamayor doens't have enough fire anymore to push the pace to stick in there with Pacquaio and that fight I don't think would ever happen.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post
    But look how he did against Kindelan? Look how much quicker he got Graham out of there than Katsidis. I think he already on the championship level of boxing. THis fight will make him a ton of money, and what if he wins? I am a huge Pacquaio fan, but I realize that Khan is one of the few guys I would give a chance of beating him. Katsidis is way too slow, and doesn't have a good enough chin to fight Pacquaio with his lack of defense. Casamayor doens't have enough fire anymore to push the pace to stick in there with Pacquaio and that fight I don't think would ever happen.
    Oh please Kindelan is a good Amateur boxer thats it, and Earl was damaged goods when Khan fought him. You honestly think Khan has a chance in this fight ?? i see Khan knocked senseless by feather fisted Willie Limond, just imagine what Pacquiao will do to Khan if he lands flush, which he will sooner or later. Khan is good but he has some defensive flaws i've noticed when he throws a punch and backs up he leaves himself open, and Pacquiao will for certain take advantage of that. I can't believe your actually giving Khan more of a chance against Pacquiao than Casamayor. Why don't you actually study Khan's opposition, except for Earl who is decent at best, and a blown up shot Super Featherweight Gairy St Clair, who has Khan beaten to show his world class ?? even in his last fight he was getting caught with right hands over the top by an unknown fighter.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

press fodder. Warren ain't that dumb.

Thread Information