Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Micky Rouke vs Ray Winstone!

Hi they folks.With Micky Rouke's new film the "Wrestler" coming out on the big screen and the fact that Micky Rouke once turned his back on staring in films to continue his love on his boxing career,i was wondering who would win if Ray Winstone vs Micky Rouke fight was to be made.Ray Winstone had a good record of 80wins out on 88 fights and is really tough guy especially when he was younger.

Who would win,and how would it go??

I think it would have been a great fight,though really tough to judge the winner though.

Here their both are playing the tough guy image on screen.

I love this scene,great film!It was banned years ago!!
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=yn7o35NcJwo

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=fNChu_ZAUvk
    Last edited by yvonne; 01-14-2009 at 03:13 PM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Micky Rouke vs Ray Winstone!

Didn't know Winstone was a boxer. I always thought he'd be a wimp in real life as he's about the same height as Danny De Vito

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    Didn't know Winstone was a boxer. I always thought he'd be a wimp in real life as he's about the same height as Danny De Vito

Yeah,Ray Winstone was a boxer and had a good record(88 fights,80 wins)I dont think he turned pro though,,but i could be wrong.Oh,Ray is a tough especially when he was younger.He liked his fighting!

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    He was actually going to go to the Olympic trials i believe but his mum didn't want him going, or some silly shit like that it could be all BS though. As for for the orignal question who knows ? i've never seen Ray Winstone fight, i've seen a few Micky Rourke fights and i thought he was crap to be honest, but i do think Ray Winstone is a much better actor

Heres little bit about his boxing carrer Bilbo.

Boxing coach Tony Burns recalls: "I coached Ray until he was about 16.
    Once you put the gloves on him, he was very aggressive. That was his style. He always wanted to win so badly. He just went after you, wanted to have a real fight, you know."
    Dave Oldwell, 55, boxed with young Ray and went on to carve himself a glittering career in the ring, eventually captaining the British Olympic boxing team in 1976.
    "I met him when he came to the gym aged 14," says Dave. "He was always picking the brains of the better fighters, asking whether his jab looked OK or how to balance his feet."
    Last edited by ICB; 01-14-2009 at 04:13 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ray Winstone fought for this local boxing club called,"Repton Amateur Boxing Club"from the age of 12 and fought on for 10years.He had 88 fights in total and won 80 of them.He fought at welterweight before he turned to acting!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by yvonne View Post
    Ray Winstone fought for this local boxing club called,"Repton Amateur Boxing Club"from the age of 12 and fought on for 10years.He had 88 fights in total and won 80 of them.He fought at welterweight before he turned to acting!
    One of my mates was with him at Cass Pennant at Upton Park a couple of weeks ago and going by the photos he aint a Welterweight anymore

Gotta watch Sexy Beast with Big Ray - awesome film!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H View Post
    One of my mates was with him at Cass Pennant at Upton Park a couple of weeks ago and going by the photos he aint a Welterweight anymore

I have'nt yet watched that one yet."Nail by Mouth"is a great performance by Winstone!Violent though!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have'nt yet watched that one yet."Nail by Mouth"is a great performance by Winstone!Violent though!
    Yhe that's another great Brit Flick

As is
    Gangster Number 1 & Love Honour & Obey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Going back to the original question,Id have put my money on Rourke,he was a serviceable pro,if not a particularly good one,retiring with 6(4kos)-0 and 2 draws,and was 20-7 with 17 KO's as an ammie,he would have been a great ammie if he hadnt gotten two concussions in a row. The only reason he even became an actor
    As far as who's the better actor,Barfly is one of the coolest films ever

ICB Guest

Yea but i wouldn't say watch Sexy Beast for Ray Winstone, the main performance is Ben Kingsley he is the only performance worth watching. I did like Ray Winstone in Face im not sure if you've seen that, i did watch that when i was about 10. And i watch it once a year very good film and violent.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Monkey View Post
    Going back to the original question,Id have put my money on Rourke,he was a serviceable pro,if not a particularly good one,retiring with 6(4kos)-0 and 2 draws,and was 20-7 with 17 KO's as an ammie,he would have been a great ammie if he hadnt gotten two concussions in a row. The only reason he even became an actor
    As far as who's the better actor,Barfly is one of the coolest films ever
    Oh come on just because Mickey Rourke was a pro for a brief time means nothing, his opposition was horrible and he even drawed with two of those horrible opponents, any decent boxer would of flattened his opposition. You like to bring up Amateur records well Ray Winstone was 80-8 and had a chance to go into Olympic trials, he was a much better Amateur. And probably would have been a better pro but i'd have to see Ray Winstone fight, but from all accounts he was pretty good, i've seen Mickey Rourke fight and he was pretty bad to be honest.
    Last edited by ICB; 01-14-2009 at 06:55 PM.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ray Boxed mostly for St Georges, seen Him Box a few times. Know Him qiute well, He is a big fan of Boxing. If He had turned Pro He would have done well. Having seen Micky in the gym in Miami, Ray would have had to much for Him.
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Are they even in the same weight class though?

I've always assumed Rourke was about 6 ft and 14 stone or something whilst Winstone is 5 ft 4 and when slim would weigh about 10 stone?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yhe that's another great Brit Flick

As is
    Gangster Number 1 & Love Honour & Obey
    Yeah there good brit flicks.Get Carter was a great one too.Old but great!!Have you seen "Rise of the foot soldiers!"??It is one of the best brit films i've seen for a while.Its based on a true story!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap View Post
    Ray Boxed mostly for St Georges, seen Him Box a few times. Know Him qiute well, He is a big fan of Boxing. If He had turned Pro He would have done well. Having seen Micky in the gym in Miami, Ray would have had to much for Him.
    Cool!

Thread Information