Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Guinn - Chambers on May 4

http://www.fightnews.com/fightnews_2...VIFYdHJoD.html

Should be a good barometer for Chambers. I think he wins easy though, Guinn seems to be made for him. Not a very active puncher, not the smartest and isn't really hard to hit. I like the choice of opponents it's a step up, seems they're grooming him for a title shot in the not so distant future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Guinn - Chambers on May 4

I don't think chambers is all that good . fa bit chubby and out of shape at 215. I think Guinn has more experiance and more pop Guinn will knock him out mid way in my opinion

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Whoa!
    Thats a pretty damn! big step up IMO for Chambers his people must be REALLY confident that he has the goods. Guinn ain't the BEST or even top 15 right now but hes certainly a good challenge to anyone, especially if he comes in fit and focused shit! he might just walk away with a win.....

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is Chambers that guy that beat the ex College football star who kinda looked like a hispanic lurch with an eating disorder?
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimboogie
    Is Chambers that guy that beat the ex College football star who kinda looked like a hispanic lurch with an eating disorder?
    yeah that was him.

It's a good matchup. Actually it's quite ironic in that although Guinn is basically a journeyman fighter and has never fought for a world title, if you beat him you are practically guaranteed a shot at one of the belts.

Lyakhovich, Monte Barret and James Toney all got title shots out of beating him, Tony Thompson is no doubt on his way after his victory now as well.

Interesting fight this for me, I do believe that like Audley Harrison there is potentially one great performance in Guinn. Will it be against Chambers, we'll have to wait and see...........

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimboogie
    yeah that was him.

It's a good matchup. Actually it's quite ironic in that although Guinn is basically a journeyman fighter and has never fought for a world title, if you beat him you are practically guaranteed a shot at one of the belts.

Lyakhovich, Monte Barret and James Toney all got title shots out of beating him, Tony Thompson is no doubt on his way after his victory now as well.

Interesting fight this for me, I do believe that like Audley Harrison there is potentially one great performance in Guinn. Will it be against Chambers, we'll have to wait and see...........
    Yeah i like the look of Chambers. He's composed, crafty, has the look of a seasoned pro and he's kinda hyped at the minute.

He's small though, and flabby. Probabaly couldn't compete with the bigger guys.... Which is a shame (don't get me started).

Should whup Guinn though.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Guinns experience against the much better opposition will win him the hight imo. Looking good against Derrik Rossy is no more immpessive than holding your own against James Toney imo.(not that Guinn immpessed me in that fight , but hes got the experience)
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Know we'll find find out if "Fat" Eddie Chambers can actually hang with a real heavyweight. If Guinn come in motivated, in shape, and focused, Chamber is in for a long night.

I love Chambers relaxed and crafty style. It's hard for me to root against either guy, really. I'm glad that Chambers decided to step up, and we should learn a lot about him and his real potential from this fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Chambers wins using his exception hand-eye coordination and crisp counter punches. He is the real McCoy. Guinn is too inconsistent to beat a disciplined guy like "Fast Ediie." Think Philadelphia fighter here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ted The Bull
    Chambers wins using his exception hand-eye coordination and crisp counter punches. He is the real McCoy. Guinn is too inconsistent to beat a disciplined guy like "Fast Ediie." Think Philadelphia fighter here.
    I'm seen him. I agree with you that he is fast and crisp, but he's also very small. Yes, Guinn is inconsistant, but when he shows up with his A game, he's pretty good fighter. I think Chamber has a good chance, because Toney beat Guinn pretty easily and Chambers has a similar skill to Toney. Even if he beats Guinn, he's still to small to compete with the biggest big boys.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lords Gym
    I don't think chambers is all that good . fa bit chubby and out of shape at 215. I think Guinn has more experiance and more pop Guinn will knock him out mid way in my opinion
    I'm leaning towards this outcome myself. Chambers isn't so special that I'd dismiss Guinn's size and experience.

El Kabong Guest

Great fight!!!

I think Chambers and Guinn are evenly matched...Guinn is 28-4-1 and Chambers is 28-0-0. Eddie is a slick fighter and has good handspeed and will stay in Guinn's wheelhouse. Guinn is lazy but when he is pressured good things can happen for him.

I see Eddie winning a hard fought UD. Guinn is a tough guy but I always wonder when he fights if his heart is truly in the sport, he has all the skills but none of the intangibles! No heart, no killer instinct!

Either way it is a good fight and I am glad it's made

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anybody else think Guinn could have cruised to a UD had he stayed away from Toney when he was laying on the ropes. He has everything physically to be a dominant HW. But it's those intangibles someone else was referring to. I'd like to pick him against Chambers, but he's been too inconsistent as of late.
    Oops

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Chambers wins easily, I predict a late stoppage. Guinn is gonna tire out at like round 3 or 4 trying to get through Eddies defense.I think Eddie is in better condition than his physique would lead you to believe. Hes not heavy handed but is gonna be landing all night and I think Guinn is just too slow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think chambers wins this, He is very fast and he is very slick. He is another Chris Byrd. I saw the fight with Him facing Rossy in Feb he looked amazingly fast and awesome on the ropes when rossy would use his weight and try to knock his head off he would take it and fire back with the cleaner shots. I really havn't seen guinn fight before but chambers is a good crisp fighter.

Thread Information