Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Khan beating Prescott won't prove anything about his chin imo. Kats is better choice

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Khan beating Prescott won't prove anything about his chin imo. Kats is better choice

I'm not convinced on this 'he needs to beat Prescott to prove his chin can hold' argument.

It wouldn't convince anybody, the whole argument is silly.

If Amir rematched Prescott, he sure as well wouldn't trade with him. He'd keep on the outside and try and box his way to the win.

His plan would be to not get hit rather than test to see if his chin has improved.

If he came through it and won easily by keeping away nobody would be convinced. They would just say Prescott was shit and he was never going to hit Khan because of the speed difference and that Khan was a coward who just hit and ran.

So what is really being tested is Khan's ability to box safe, I imagine it would be a dull fight.

Michael Katsidis would be a better and more fan friendly test because he's 100% pressure. Khan would get hit on the arms, elbows, body, it would be a rough fight.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Khan beating Prescott won't prove anything about his chin imo. Kats is better ch

He needs to go in with a top fighter who can punch to silence the doubters for sure.
    Prescott isnt top level although he can punch.
    Beating light punchers will just bring bad reviews , we know Khan can box , lets see him in the trenches with someone top draw.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Khan beating Prescott won't prove anything about his chin imo. Kats is better ch

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    He needs to go in with a top fighter who can punch to silence the doubters for sure.
    Beating light punchers will just bring bad reviews , we know Khan can box , lets see him in the trenches with someone top draw.

Yes but someone who can punch but is too slow to land won't answer any critics.

Look at Wlad. Did rematching Lamon Brewster and winning easily prove his chin problem? Hardly, he just showed that he can stay behind his jab and not get hit.

Fighting someone like a prime Holyfield or Lennox Lewis however who could get past his jab and test him would likely give his chin a much sterner test.

What I'm saying is I that those who grumble when Khan faces a slick boxer who can't punch, will be just as unimpressed when given a big puncher who is slow and can't box.

At least Kats is proven borderline world class. A win over him proves Khan is top drawer and ready to take on the champions of the division.

Maidana would be a good opponent too, but I imagine if Khan boxed his way to a win over him people would just say he was overated and couldn't box either at this stage.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thumbs up Re: Khan beating Prescott won't prove anything about his chin imo. Kats is better ch

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post

Look at Wlad. Did rematching Lamon Brewster and winning easily prove his chin problem? Hardly, he just showed that he can stay behind his jab and not get hit.

Fighting someone like a prime Holyfield or Lennox Lewis however who could get past his jab and test him would likely give his chin a much sterner test.

What I'm saying is I that those who grumble when Khan faces a slick boxer who can't punch, will be just as unimpressed when given a big puncher who is slow and can't box.

At least Kats is proven borderline world class. A win over him proves Khan is top drawer and ready to take on the champions of the division.

Maidana would be a good opponent too, but I imagine if Khan boxed his way to a win over him people would just say he was overated and couldn't box either at this stage.
    I'm already offering a sig beet - the first time in 7 years - that Katsidis floors Khan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Howlin Mad Missy View Post

I'm already offering a sig beet - the first time in 7 years - that Katsidis floors Khan.
    Khan will NEVER take that fight so I think your sig is safe, Missy. Kat's hellacious presure will have Khan thinking twice about signing on the dotted line, for sure.

If it were ever to happen, my hat off to Khan cuz it would be a long night for him...
    Last edited by PRIDE OF BOSTON; 05-19-2010 at 04:36 PM.
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan needs to fight a puncher to prove his chin is the most pathetic statement constantly repeated on here.

The boy has a china chin. It will always be china. Any fighter with the ability to land a half-decent punch has the chance of sparking him.

Khan could beat Mayweather then get KO'd by Urango. That's his career.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Khan needs to fight a puncher to prove his chin is the most pathetic statement constantly repeated on here.

The boy has a china chin. It will always be china. Any fighter with the ability to land a half-decent punch has the chance of sparking him.

Have you been doing an ICB and copying my quotes like he (allegedly) did with Mick?

I made exactly the same statement last week. Of course I was laughed at, probably.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wanna see Khan v Katsidis.

I pick Katsidis by early KO
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H View Post

Id be happy for anyone to spark Khan , but Katsidis would be ok by me.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Have you been doing an ICB and copying my quotes like he (allegedly) did with Mick?

I made exactly the same statement last week. Of course I was laughed at, probably.
    I don't read your posts beyond the first line or title. I never saw that.

It's only natural you got laughed at. Anyone tries to argue it with me knows they'll get owned (i really am reading too much ICB.. and Mick)
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H View Post

Id be happy for anyone to spark Khan , but Katsidis would be ok by me.
    he would turn saturday's boo's in to cheers

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks fuck i'm not the only one who thinks this. I've been saying it for ages. It just means that particualar puncher didn't knock him out, but the next one might.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why do you guys go on....

Anyone can be knocked out with a single punch. Being knocked out doesn't prove anything about a fighters ability to withstand punishment without being knocked out. It's unknown physiology. If it were known, combat sports as we know it would be banded.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by fan johnny View Post

Anyone can be knocked out with a single punch. Being knocked out doesn't prove anything about a fighters ability to withstand punishment without being knocked out. It's unknown physiology. If it were known, combat sports as we know it would be banded.
    Face facts Khan has a glass jaw

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by fan johnny View Post

No... If it could be measured there'd just be a hell of a lot less fighters out there.
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Thread Information