Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What kind of negotiations exactly were these?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default What kind of negotiations exactly were these?

Arum knows basically nothing on Floyd's side and never even talked to anyone from Golden or Al Hayman directly once... Apparently they went through Ross Greenburg, but this seemed like a really sketchy sequence of negotiations. He also won't disclose anything about what the contratual agreements were. At least we know that this fight can still be made, but that only exclusivity is officially over.

Arum also made a good point about the fact that Floyd might want to wait for the fate of Roger before going forward with his career. But I am really choked .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What kind of negotiations exactly were these?

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post
    Arum knows basically nothing on Floyd's side and never even talked to anyone from Golden or Al Hayman directly once... Apparently they went through Ross Greenburg, but this seemed like a really sketchy sequence of negotiations. He also won't disclose anything about what the contratual agreements were. At least we know that this fight can still be made, but that only exclusivity is officially over.

Arum also made a good point about the fact that Floyd might want to wait for the fate of Roger before going forward with his career. But I am really choked .
    So basically Arum just said "I wont have contact with Mayweather whatsoever but ill put a clock on my website saying he has to make a fight with me till that time and the media will eat it up" and they did. What kinds of negotiations were they? None whatsoever.

So I can put a clock on my myspace page daring Pacquiao to fight me and if he doesn't respond by midnight next week that makes him a coward and a ducker of me based on Arums logic and what he just did
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes basically Arum knows something still its disclosed to public. Well its every promoters dream to this fight, it could be the biggest draw money wise, could be fight of the decade or a first of first half of the century fight that's why he's pushing through. Everybody in boxing community, fans knows this and want this fight to make it happened.

The problem is Floyd know this... he's not blind or deaf for sure and its been a hot topic for a couple months, it almost done deal before but sadly just collapse...he could walk away with easy money and win easily with Pacquiao. Man really i dunno what he's doin right now just for fans sake.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Man, that's it. Floyd is a CERTIFIED COWARD!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pacstraightleft View Post

Tell me, honestly. Would pacroid do a fight without freddie roach in his corner?

Shall I certify you and idiot now or later?

Floyd is the best because he doesn't cut corners. He only goes into the ring knowing he's done everything right. He want's no distractions. He ain't going to do anything until the uncle roger situation is sorted.
    Last edited by Hornfinger; 07-17-2010 at 01:41 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hornfinger View Post

Tell me, honestly. Would pacroid do a fight without freddie roach in his corner?

Floyd is the best because he doesn't cut corners. He only goes into the ring knowing he's done everything right. He want's no distractions. He ain't going to do anything until the uncle roger situation is sorted.

Everyone is an idiot to you because they have a different opp ones that usually make sense......A fighter may not want to go into a fight without thier longtime trainer but if need be it must be......DEAL WITH IT THATS WHAT THE ELITE DOES....What if Freddie retired tommorow do you believe Manny would?............

C'mon man you talk out of your ass once again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn View Post

Everyone is an idiot to you because they have a different opp ones that usually make sense......A fighter may not want to go into a fight without thier longtime trainer but if need be it must be......DEAL WITH IT THATS WHAT THE ELITE DOES....What if Freddie retired tommorow do you believe Manny would?............

Would Manny fight Mayweather right away if Roach retired? We don't know, and I am not saying that is the reason, but I honestly think Mayweather has Manny negotiationwise where he wants him. I think Floyd realizes that Manny's other options are pretty thin, and that Arum isn't willing to fight anyone else besides him who isn't sponsored by Toprank. Arum seems to want everything to be promoted inhouse exclusively.

I am not saying its not Mayweather's fault, I am just saying these hardly seemed like legit negotiations if both sides weren't even talking to eachother directly. Arum also sounded really vague about a lot of points, but I am also wondering if they will sign next week and this is all a publicity stunt to catch everyone's attention.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

pacsstraightleft,

yeah, if mayweather is a coward like pacquiao, then so be it. isn't it pacroido who has ducked so many fighters throughout his career? oh sure he beat morales and barrera but that's when they were way past their prime. marquez already showed (with or without the judges) that he kicked pacquiao's ass. why do you think pacquiao absolutely ignored and ducked him for a third fight? up until he started fighting as a welterweight, pacroido has been carefully matched. even now, arum absolutely rejects pacroido fighting paul williams or timothy bradley. coincidence or what!?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by milmascaras1 View Post
    pacsstraightleft,

yeah, if mayweather is a coward like pacquiao, then so be it. isn't it pacroido who has ducked so many fighters throughout his career? oh sure he beat morales and barrera but that's when they were way past their prime. marquez already showed (with or without the judges) that he kicked pacquiao's ass. why do you think pacquiao absolutely ignored and ducked him for a third fight? up until he started fighting as a welterweight, pacroido has been carefully matched. even now, arum absolutely rejects pacroido fighting paul williams or timothy bradley. coincidence or what!?
    ummmm didn't Barrera then go on to beat Morales in the 3rd fight, win the WBC featherweight title, then unify the IBF title, get wins against Juarez (who pushed John to the limit), then have a close loss to Marquez?!? riiiiiiiight, Morales was passed after the Raheem fight, yet he still managed to beat David Diaz (although was robbed), so he wasn't completely shot either, who really can you say Pacquiao has avoided aside from Mosley? you can make a more convincing case that Marquez ran away from 135 to avoid to fight the stacked division while there are guys like Katsidis, Funeka, Soto, Guerrero, Murray, Peterson, Antillon, etc., yet do i think that? no

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn View Post

Everyone is an idiot to you because they have a different opp ones that usually make sense......A fighter may not want to go into a fight without their longtime trainer but if need be it must be......DEAL WITH IT THATS WHAT THE ELITE DOES....What if Freddie retired tomorrow do you believe Manny would?............

Would Manny fight Mayweather right away if Roach retired? We don't know, and I am not saying that is the reason, but I honestly think Mayweather has Manny negotiationwise where he wants him. I think Floyd realizes that Manny's other options are pretty thin, and that Arum isn't willing to fight anyone else besides him who isn't sponsored by Toprank. Arum seems to want everything to be promoted inhouse exclusively.

I am not saying its not Mayweather's fault, I am just saying these hardly seemed like legit negotiations if both sides weren't even talking to eachother directly. Arum also sounded really vague about a lot of points, but I am also wondering if they will sign next week and this is all a publicity stunt to catch everyone's attention.
    This is true we don't know but more then likely he won't retire because Freddie did...Same as lets say Wladamir Klitschko if Manny Steward retired tomorrow would Wlad? Probably not.....

That guy Hornfinger is just a windup artist who calls everyone else's opinion stupid but his with no real debate....At least 1 time every other thread

These negotiations were just disgraceful on both sides and it is more or less ego by both men almost as if who ever coincides to the others demands basically is admitting the other guy is the bigger draw and better fighter,,,,I mean really what else could it be but outright un needed ego?.....I think after all these months of nonsense it may hurt the fight and sport more then anything rather build up interest....People tire of these crazy drawn out negotiations and in todays economy are outright disgusted with the fact two me turn down the opp to make 30 mill each or more in the long run but refuse due to demands....People begin to say I guess you don't need my PPV buy if you have so much already 30 mil is not needed.......Reasions why MMA is blowing boxing away with PPV sales
    Last edited by DaxxKahn; 07-18-2010 at 04:49 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

el terrible,

you know, if you had your face anymore inside pacroido's culito, your name would change to (el chocolatito). so you tell me morales wasn't way past his prime for their 2nd and 3rd fight? you're going to say that his trilogy with barrera didn't take anything out of him? the way morales got slapped around by raheem only proves he was done as a championship fighter. oh, he still had skills but not like when he was in his prime. me entiendes culito? what's the matter, still sore and can't get over margarito destroying your cottito? tu eres un pendejo, mamoncito puerquito!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Roach only trained Pacquiao for first two weeks when Roach was busy in pre Mayweather-De la Hoya fight. Roach almost didn't show up in the Pacquiao-Solis bout. But there was no such news, or even rumor that Pacquiao wouldn't go on without Roach in his corner. So to answer your question... IMHO... Yes, more likely Pac will fight without Roach. And you can get rid of your alt "milmascaras" now before both youse get banned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

pacs,

banned? why? why do you always want everybody you disagree with to get banned? this is boxing and emotions come into play. if you can't stand a little ribbing, don't post here then. you can go to pacland and join the other pactardo retardos!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by milmascaras1 View Post
    pacs,

banned? why? why do you always want everybody you disagree with to get banned? this is boxing and emotions come into play. if you can't stand a little ribbing, don't post here then. you can go to pacland and join the other pactardo retardos!!!
    You pinchi puto maricon. I always want everybody to get banned who I disagree with? Stop making shit up pendejo. You might wanna have your stomach pumped cuz it's full Margacheato's sperm and it seems to me you're O.D.ing with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

pacstraightleft,

what's the matter, didn't have your (aso) dinner yet? lol

Thread Information