Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default gamboa and mares are the best prospects not khan

I keep hearing about how good Khan is and blah blah and i feel Mares and Gamboa are far surperior prospects Mares is the next Juan Manuel Marquez with his excellent countering skills and Gamboa is like the little version of Roy Jones Jr with his low hand style and lightning reflexes its a shame that most fans dont actually know about these quality prospects and focus too much on Khan who i personally feel is very overrated and one more question do you feel Gamboa and Khan will fight at some point in there careers ?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: gamboa and mares are the best prospects not khan

Quote Originally Posted by ssss View Post
    I keep hearing about how good khan is and blah blah and i feel Mares and Gamboa are far surperior prospects Mares is the next Juan Manuel Marquez with his excellent countering skills and Gamboa is like the little version of Roy Jones Jr with his low hand style and lightning reflexes its a shame that most fans dont actually know about these quality prospects and focus too much on Khan who i personally feel is very overrated and one more question do you feel Gamboa and Khan will fight a some point in there careers ?
    I don't think that there paths will ever cross, too much of a difference in weight class.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It ain't just Gamboa and Mares. There's a bunch of prospects out there that are better than Con

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Gamboa and Mares are better prospects clearly but I don't think Khan's shit or anything. Just his defense and chin are too iffy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    It ain't just Gamboa and Mares. There's a bunch of prospects out there that are better than Con
    Agreed i think theres plenty of fighters in the lower weight class that are better but dont get recognized because of the weight class they are in which is a shame by the way i like your picture of Joel Casamayor he is one of my favorites

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan View Post
    I think Gamboa and Mares are better prospects clearly but I don't think Khan's shit or anything. Just his defense and chin are too iffy.
    Agreed here aswell i dont think Khan is rubbish or anything like that but he is far too hyped and all the fighters he has fought have been feather fisted except Gomez but he was a shot fighter and was better at the lower weight classes and Khan to me isnt stepping up at all i just read a thread here that Khans camp offered derrick gainer a fight ? what a joke that is why dont he fight someone like David Diaz or atleast a live opponent with some recognition ? but i have been very impressed with Mares and Gamboa's opposition so far

khan_no_1 Guest

I keep hearing about how good Khan is and blah blah and i feel Mares and Gamboa are far surperior prospects Mares is the next Juan Manuel Marquez with his excellent countering skills and Gamboa is like the little version of Roy Jones Jr with his low hand style and lightning reflexes its a shame that most fans dont actually know about these quality prospects and focus too much on Khan who i personally feel is very overrated and one more question do you feel Gamboa and Khan will fight at some point in there careers ?

*YAWNS*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by khan_no_1 View Post

*YAWNS*
    Well thats pretty obvious considering your name and picture your biased Khan fan that cant stand any fair criticism about your favorite fighter that to me isnt a proper boxing fan

khan_no_1 Guest

Yes i am a true boxing fan, ive been following boxing as far back as i can remember, LONG before Khan came onto the scene.

Its just that search around the forum and you'll find loads of threads started about Khan, that's hes shit, he wont make world champ, he's overrated etc etc etc etc. Its actually getting a bit long in the tooth now honestly.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes i am a true boxing fan, ive been following boxing as far back as i can remember, LONG before Khan came onto the scene.

Its just that search around the forum and you'll find loads of threads started about Khan, that's hes shit, he wont make world champ, he's overrated etc etc etc etc. Its actually getting a bit long in the tooth now honestly.
    That's cuz it's true. He is overrated. Why you think there still facing bums? Come on now. Derrick Gainer? That's hilarious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Khan is faster more schooled with better skills he just keeps fighting bums.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My opinion on Amir Khan , who i dont dislike by the way hes a nice kid.
    Well its as follows, if Khan wasnt English ie from America he wouldnt even make the papers , hes a good fighter for sure , but the usual British Bandwaggon is something i dont take seriously. If Khan beats a genuine world class fighter with a punch , then i will start to sit up and watch him , and i mean a world class fighter in his division.
    As we know Warren will continue to peddle his usual bullshit as hes done in the past , fact is Khan is young , but that doesnt mean he will rule the world.
    So lets take Khan for what he is , a top none paid fighter , who is a good pro prospect , lets see what the future holds.

PS. I HATE WARREN
    Last edited by Dark Lord Al; 07-20-2008 at 09:04 AM.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's cuz it's true. He is overrated. Why you think there still facing bums? Come on now. Derrick Gainer? That's hilarious.
    spot on VD people are saying his overated for one reason , he is !

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Could be just me but I no longer see Mares as a prospect. I see him as a contender now.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agreed i think theres plenty of fighters in the lower weight class that are better but dont get recognized because of the weight class they are in which is a shame by the way i like your picture of Joel Casamayor he is one of my favorites
    I dunno what Khans rep is like overseas but he's only big here because a) he's an olympian and b) he's like the only prospect we have!!

These other guys you mention are probably better but they in a far bigger pool talent. Its not like there all clearly established names yet.

Khans just a bit of a golden boy to us Brits really.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Thread Information