Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Hatton - Mayweather will be a tougher fight to REF than many predict!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Hatton - Mayweather will be a tougher fight to REF than many predict!

I believe that the Mayweather-Hatton fight this upcoming december will be very physical. I think we will see alot of clinching from Hatton and Mayweather using his elbows alot to push him off. We may even see low blows. With all this said, I honestly think that the referee will have alot in hand. As much as I hate fights decided by referees actions, this might be one where the ref dictates the fight. I don't want to see a referee deducting a point from Mayweather for using his elbows high and not deduct a point from Hatton for his constant clinching. (Some referees tend to favor some fighters). I'm not sure if they have anounced the referee yet, but I think JOE CORTES is the perfect man for a fight like this. I think he is fair and knows how to work the fighters. Plus he has been in many big fights. He warned Hatton early in the Castillo fight about his clinching. What do you guys think? Is there someone else you guys preffer? why?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hatton - Mayweather will be a tougher fight to REF than many predict!

Being a Hatton fan I prefer just the average Ruiz ref.... nothing more, nothing less (esp. RJJ style)
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hatton - Mayweather will be a tougher fight to REF than many predict!

if its jay 'its an honur to referee you' nady in charge then hatton may aswell not bother turning up

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Eli_jr24
    I believe that the Mayweather-Hatton fight this upcoming december will be very physical. I think we will see alot of clinching from Hatton and Mayweather using his elbows alot to push him off. We may even see low blows. With all this said, I honestly think that the referee will have alot in hand. As much as I hate fights decided by referees actions, this might be one where the ref dictates the fight. I don't want to see a referee deducting a point from Mayweather for using his elbows high and not deduct a point from Hatton for his constant clinching. (Some referees tend to favor some fighters). I'm not sure if they have anounced the referee yet, but I think JOE CORTES is the perfect man for a fight like this. I think he is fair and knows how to work the fighters. Plus he has been in many big fights. He warned Hatton early in the Castillo fight about his clinching. What do you guys think? Is there someone else you guys preffer? why?
    CC for some damn good points.

I prefer boxing to wrestling, so I'd like a good ref for this fight. Joe Cortes would be a fine choice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeh Cortes woul be perfect

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't care who's the ref, Mayweather is gonna lose. You could have Leonard Ellerbe as ref and Roger Mayweather as the timekeeper, doesn't matter one jot. People bring it up like it's a really valid point, the same people say Hatton will lose on cuts every time he has a fight coming up.
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd throw Steve Smoger in there as a ref. Smoger let's the action go but will get in and warn fighters when necessary.

Cortez would work out fine as well but I don't think he's aggressive enough.

Nady stops fights too quickly imo. The thing I do think he does well is that he's good about getting in there and stopping roughhouse tactics on both sides and he's willing to take points away. But if he does have an affinity for mayweather, it would not go well for Hatton and he shouldn't be used.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by leftylee
    Yeh Cortes woul be perfect
    Not at all

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by boozeboxer
    Being a Hatton fan I prefer just the average Ruiz ref.... nothing more, nothing less (esp. RJJ style)
    OK Booze, that's the 2nd "Ruiz" type comment on two different threads that I've seen. End the suspense for me, what's the joke?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Have you ever witnessed the Ruiz spectacle of a fight?
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well I don't think it is disputed that John Ruiz is one of the most disliked fighters of the era for two reasons.

(1) He clinches ALOT and this is percieved by many to 'ruin' fights. and
    (2) He gets many title shots and to many (in undeserved fashion).

Oddly enough I don't mind Ruiz that much and think he did quite well for his god given abilities. I don't really mind clinching as some do but will admit that clinching is a part of Hatton's arsenal.

In short, everyone likes to pick on Ruiz either because they hate watching him, they hate his ability to get title shots, and the fact that he has been on the recieving end of one of the quickest knockouts in history (Ruiz/Tua).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by boozeboxer
    Well I don't think it is disputed that John Ruiz is one of the most disliked fighters of the era for two reasons.

(1) He clinches ALOT and this is percieved by many to 'ruin' fights. and
    (2) He gets many title shots and to many (in undeserved fashion).

Oddly enough I don't mind Ruiz that much and think he did quite well for his god given abilities. I don't really mind clinching as some do but will admit that clinching is a part of Hatton's arsenal.

In short, everyone likes to pick on Ruiz either because they hate watching him, they hate his ability to get title shots, and the fact that he has been on the recieving end of one of the quickest knockouts in history (Ruiz/Tua).
    Alright, I'll give you all that........but.......Ruiz isn't even really part of anything right now. Why bust the guys balls? Don't ge me wrong, I'm not trying to start s**t with you but it looks like your getting all worked up about a guy nobody is willing to defend anyway. If you need to vent, then by all means, I too know what it's like to be stressed and needing to take it out on someone. My problem is, I keep taking it out on Lewis and mayweather. Many SCs to show for it )

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree this fight may be very differnt from common perception....To win hatton will have to impose, this may equate hatton adopting a dirty strategy early or perhaps something from the book of Bernard hopkins v Winky wright. Mayweather will attempt to resist this force with all his might turning and perhaps hitting on the breaks. IMO Floyd will be a lot more physical with Ricky than many believe and i wouldn be surprised to seea lot of warnings early. But i feel after rounds 4-5 they will settle into a style and stick to that for the remainder.

Ricky circa Round ten, body shot.

Thread Information