Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steve Bunce (spoiler on the K9 fight)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Steve Bunce (spoiler on the K9 fight)

Steve Bunce is ranting saying its a disgrace that K9 has now won the eliminator beating some unbeaten Chechyan tonight thus getting him a title shot at Paul Williams.

He's saying that K9 is a bum and doesn't deserve anything and that Jamie Moore should be getting the shot and that he would walk through Bundrage in 3 or 4 rounds

Now I like Jamie Moore, he's a great fighter to watch and deserves a shot but to dismiss Bundrage as a bum and not worth a chance is just totally wrong.

He beat Kasim Ouma this year, he lost a controversial one to Grady Brewer who is naturally much bigger. He beat Steve Forbes, his resume is more impressive than Jamie Moores, whose biggest wins are against a faded Sebastian Lujon and a domestic fighter in Matthew Macklin.

Now I'm not bashing Moore I really like him, great exciting fighter, but Bunce just fucking pisses me off with his over the top rants.

K9 has just knocked out an unbeaten fighter in a fight he was expected to lose, he beat former champ and at one time best junior middle in the world Kasim Ouma and beat Stevie Forbes who was good enough to fight Oscar De La Hoya earlier this year.

How has Macklin done more than Bundrage, and not just more, but according to Bunce a huge amount more?
    Last edited by BIG H; 12-15-2008 at 11:53 AM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Fuck Steve Bunce (spoiler on the K9 fight)

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    Steve Bunce is ranting saying its a disgrace that K9 has now won the eliminator beating some unbeaten Chechyan tonight thus getting him a title shot at Paul Williams.

He's saying that K9 is a bum and doesn't deserve anything and that Jamie Moore should be getting the shot and that he would walk through Bundrage in 3 or 4 rounds

Now I like Jamie Moore, he's a great fighter to watch and deserves a shot but to dismiss Bundrage as a bum and not worth a chance is just totally wrong.

He beat Kasim Ouma this year, he lost a controversial one to Grady Brewer who is naturally much bigger. He beat Steve Forbes, his resume is more impressive than Jamie Moores, whose biggest wins are against a faded Sebastian Lujon and a domestic fighter in Matthew Macklin.

Now I'm not bashing Moore I really like him, great exciting fighter, but Bunce just fucking pisses me off with his over the top rants.

K9 has just knocked out an unbeaten fighter in a fight he was expected to lose, he beat former champ and at one time best junior middle in the world Kasim Ouma and beat Stevie Forbes who was good enough to fight Oscar De La Hoya earlier this year.

How has Macklin done more than Bundrage, and not just more, but according to Bunce a huge amount more?

Fuck off Buncy you fat twat
    I pretty much said the same in the top sticky, couldn't believe the way he was goin on, i mean if Bundrage so obviously gonna get walked over by Williams (which I think he will, altho so would Jamie Moore) why begrudge him the shot?? btw nitpickin i no but steve forbes actually beat bundrage

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ha yeah my bad,Forbes did win, close fight though, K9 made it real ugly as he is often prone to do.

Still the point of the post still stands, he's a tough opponent, capable of springing the upset and capable of giving a good account of himself.

He took the Joel Julio fight at short notice and went into the late rounds he's mixed in good company, dropping Sechew Powell in the first in that bizarre fight they had.

He's certainly no world beater, and not going to be a world champ but him and Jamie Moore is a pick'em fight imo, not sure who would win.

Moore has got heart a plenty but K9 is tough and durable, and isn't afraid to fight ugly like Hatton and hold and grapple his way to a win if necessary.

I'm fairly sure he would frustrate the hell out of Jamie Moore regardless of the result and there is no way in hell Moore gets him out of there in 3 rounds.

If he can take the Julio fight at a couple weeks notice and go 8 rounds, beat Kasim Ouma and win against this unbeaten top contender on foreign soil tonight he's definitely not going to lay down and be beaten in 3 rounds by Jamie Moore who to be honest wouldn't even be in the top 5 opponents that Bundrage has faced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I met K9 twice, really nice, personable guy. Glad he's getting a shot at a title (although he's going to get blown out the water). Who's Steve Bunce? Does he promote Jamie Moore? If so, that's all you have to tell me. Nothing new there.
    Oops

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Killface View Post
    I met K9 twice, really nice, personable guy. Glad he's getting a shot at a title (although he's going to get blown out the water). Who's Steve Bunce? Does he promote Jamie Moore? If so, that's all you have to tell me. Nothing new there.
    No he's one of the leading Boxing journalists in Britain. I can't deny he's good tv, but he was talkin bollocks here. Maybe I heavily underrate Jamie Moore, but I see him in the same league as other domestic fighters such as Anthony Small & Bradley Pryce (ie potential for world title shot if they get lucky on their way up, & don't slip up any more). I think only Lujan is comparable with the leading opponents on Bundrage's CV

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sorry Bilbo mate, I think Bunce is spot on in this one, in as much as he's saying that K-9 shouldn't have been in there fighting in an IBF eliminator. Fact is, Bundrage shouldn't be in an eliminator if he's coming off a defeat in a non-title bout, and this whole debacle was a Warren-style set up where Baysangurov's matchmakers have obviously tried to set up their boy with the weakest opponent available that would have been accepted as an eliminator.

As I mentioned in another thread, this isn't K-9's fault, he's the unwitting benefactor of being underestimated by a fighter with a padded record who was looking for the easy route to a title shot. The only reason he was there was because he'd been on the Contender, and would have been a recognisable name on Baysangurov's sparse record.

Jamie's a banger, who's had other eliminators fall through before, and has been knocking on the door of the rather dull light middleweight division for an age, and should have had an eliminator over a year ago. I reckon Moore would beat K-9 in a longer bout than Bunce envisions, but would get him out of there towards the end. K-9's ended up jumping the line and getting lucky, and while it's good for him, there are others who should have been ahead of him in line.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great win for K9 but at 5'6" he will get demolished by Paul Williams. Dont know this Moore fella.
    Only Forum Amature With Well Over 2000 Posts!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun View Post
    Sorry Bilbo mate, I think Bunce is spot on in this one, in as much as he's saying that K-9 shouldn't have been in there fighting in an IBF eliminator. Fact is, Bundrage shouldn't be in an eliminator if he's coming off a defeat in a non-title bout, and this whole debacle was a Warren-style set up where Baysangurov's matchmakers have obviously tried to set up their boy with the weakest opponent available that would have been accepted as an eliminator.

As I mentioned in another thread, this isn't K-9's fault, he's the unwitting benefactor of being underestimated by a fighter with a padded record who was looking for the easy route to a title shot. The only reason he was there was because he'd been on the Contender, and would have been a recognisable name on Baysangurov's sparse record.

Jamie's a banger, who's had other eliminators fall through before, and has been knocking on the door of the rather dull light middleweight division for an age, and should have had an eliminator over a year ago. I reckon Moore would beat K-9 in a longer bout than Bunce envisions, but would get him out of there towards the end. K-9's ended up jumping the line and getting lucky, and while it's good for him, there are others who should have been ahead of him in line.

Yeah I understand that point but Bunce was completely out of order in his put down of Bundrage. He described him as a useless bum who lost to a useless junior middle weight 'dwaffer' whatever that is, and that it was a disgrace that he was fighting for an eliminator.

But Bundrage is no bum. Although Bunce called him a Contender failure, the fact is he finished in third place on that show with wins over Michael Clark, Walter Wright and Norberto Bravo. Both his losses against Steve Forbes and Grady Brewer were very close and the only person who has beaten him decisively in the last 3 years is Joel Julio, to whom he took the fight at very short notice and still gave a decent account of himself.

He lost in a round to Sechew Powell but that doesn't tell the whole story, it was a sensational Holt Torres style fight with both fighters being dropped in the first minute but Bundrage being hurt more and stopped.

To sugggest that Moore would beat him easily within 3 rounds as if he's a nobody is just disrespectful as well as completely wrong.

Bundrage gave Steve Forbes far more problems than Demetrius Hopkins did when Forbes was robbed against him, and D Hop was the main event on Setanta last night.

Walter Wright almost ko'd Anthony Small, a fighter probably on the same level as Jamie Moore and Moore has only barely got past Matthew Macklin and Andrew Facey. True he shoed great heart in coming back in fights he was losing but going life and death with Macklin and getting a great come from behind win over Andrew Facey doesn't suggest that he could blow K9 away in 3 rounds.

When you compare records Bundrage has fought by FAR the better opposition, with a win over former 154 king Kasim Ouma. Who has Moore beat that compares with a win over Ouma?

He's also been in there with Steve Forbes, Joel Julio, Sechew Powell and Grady Brewer, who I would say are ALL better than anyone Moore has ever faced.

Brewer is no mug either. He's a much bigger fighter than Bundrage and boasts a win over Steve Forbes and was robbed against Sechew Powell.

If I had to pick on a winner between Brewer and Moor my money would be on Brewer without a doubt.

I'm not saying Moore didn't deserve the shot more, as K9 had indeed lost his fight prior but to ridicule the man and call him a bum just pissed me off.

I'll say it again Bundrage vs Moore is a pick'em fight certainly not a 3 round walkover for Jamie Moore.

And Bundrage's resume which Bunce said was a joke is actually far MORE impressive than Jamie Moore's who hasn't beaten anybody of note whatsover.

Sorry but beating former world champ Kasim Ouma is better than anything Jamie Moore has ever done, and now in knocking out this highly rated unbeaten fighter at the weekend, in addition to a creditable third place in the Contender, K9 is deserving of his suprise title shot imo.

He's put in the work, beaten fighters he wasn't supposed to beat, never given up on himself and has got the rewards.

He's the kind of fighter people should get behind and support as someone who has turned his life around and done good for himself.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah I understand that point but Bunce was completely out of order in his put down of Bundrage. He described him as a useless bum who lost to a useless junior middle weight 'dwaffer' whatever that is, and that it was a disgrace that he was fighting for an eliminator.

But Bundrage is no bum. Although Bunce called him a Contender failure, the fact is he finished in third place on that show with wins over Michael Clark, Walter Wright and Norberto Bravo. Both his losses against Steve Forbes and Grady Brewer were very close and the only person who has beaten him decisively in the last 3 years is Joel Julio, to whom he took the fight at very short notice and still gave a decent account of himself.

He lost in a round to Sechew Powell but that doesn't tell the whole story, it was a sensational Holt Torres style fight with both fighters being dropped in the first minute but Bundrage being hurt more and stopped.

To sugggest that Moore would beat him easily within 3 rounds as if he's a nobody is just disrespectful as well as completely wrong.

Bundrage gave Steve Forbes far more problems than Demetrius Hopkins did when Forbes was robbed against him, and D Hop was the main event on Setanta last night.

Walter Wright almost ko'd Anthony Small, a fighter probably on the same level as Jamie Moore and Moore has only barely got past Matthew Macklin and Andrew Facey. True he shoed great heart in coming back in fights he was losing but going life and death with Macklin and getting a great come from behind win over Andrew Facey doesn't suggest that he could blow K9 away in 3 rounds.

When you compare records Bundrage has fought by FAR the better opposition, with a win over former 154 king Kasim Ouma. Who has Moore beat that compares with a win over Ouma?

He's also been in there with Steve Forbes, Joel Julio, Sechew Powell and Grady Brewer, who I would say are ALL better than anyone Moore has ever faced.

Brewer is no mug either. He's a much bigger fighter than Bundrage and boasts a win over Steve Forbes and was robbed against Sechew Powell.

If I had to pick on a winner between Brewer and Moor my money would be on Brewer without a doubt.

I'm not saying Moore didn't deserve the shot more, as K9 had indeed lost his fight prior but to ridicule the man and call him a bum just pissed me off.

I'll say it again Bundrage vs Moore is a pick'em fight certainly not a 3 round walkover for Jamie Moore.

And Bundrage's resume which Bunce said was a joke is actually far MORE impressive than Jamie Moore's who hasn't beaten anybody of note whatsover.

Sorry but beating former world champ Kasim Ouma is better than anything Jamie Moore has ever done, and now in knocking out this highly rated unbeaten fighter at the weekend, in addition to a creditable third place in the Contender, K9 is deserving of his suprise title shot imo.

He's put in the work, beaten fighters he wasn't supposed to beat, never given up on himself and has got the rewards.

He's the kind of fighter people should get behind and support as someone who has turned his life around and done good for himself.
    Add to that I can't see Jamie Moore standing any more of a chance with Williams than Bundrage, so it's probably not the title shot Moore would want

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

OK, since Moore is fighting a warm-up just before Xmas and against Michele Piccirillo for the European title in March, the question of whether or not he'd fight Williams is defunct.

Williams is definitely the dominant force in the division, and I'm not sure there's anyone there that can beat him on his day at the moment. If Moore got offered the fight, I've no doubt he'd take it in the blink of an eye, and he's previously been on the shortlist for a WBC eliminator, and I think he'd have a much better chance against Vernon Forrest, so it may work out better for him in the long run.

However, he needs to get past Piccirillo first, and look at the world belts later in the year. Unfortunately, some people like K-9 get the breaks, and some don't.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fuck off Buncy you fat twat
    Bilbo I know where you are coming from mate. I was sat in disbelief how this man actually has an opinion he is permitted to share with millions of viewers and readers. The mans facts are just plain wrong and last night he said a number of things that he just seemed to make up to support his arguments. It kinda angers me to see him in that position when I read so many comments on this site from people who consistantly give valid opinions for free.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

OK, since Moore is fighting a warm-up just before Xmas and against Michele Piccirillo for the European title in March, the question of whether or not he'd fight Williams is defunct.

Williams is definitely the dominant force in the division, and I'm not sure there's anyone there that can beat him on his day at the moment. If Moore got offered the fight, I've no doubt he'd take it in the blink of an eye, and he's previously been on the shortlist for a WBC eliminator, and I think he'd have a much better chance against Vernon Forrest, so it may work out better for him in the long run.

However, he needs to get past Piccirillo first, and look at the world belts later in the year. Unfortunately, some people like K-9 get the breaks, and some don't.
    I don't think it's fair to say people like Bundrage get all the breaks, he was basically stuck in there to be a patsy for Baysungurov to roll over on his way to a world title shot & instead upset the odds. And as Bilbo says who has Moore fought to really compare with Bundrage's record? Also you have to take into account K-9 this year. He has beaten Ouma, and if you saw the fight with Brewer you would know it was not as simple as your standard loss. It was a split decision, and the knockdown that helped secure Brewer the win on 1 judges card looked a push to a lot of people. It was by no means a straight forward loss. In contrast this year Moore has won both fights, but in the first fought a fairly standard Mexican & in the second a guy with losing record. Ok I can accept part of this may be him not getting the fights he wants, but if he really wanted to further his case he could have chosen to fight someone like Gary Woolcombe or Bradley Pryce who pose a bit of a challenge instead

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JazMerkin View Post

I don't think it's fair to say people like Bundrage get all the breaks, he was basically stuck in there to be a patsy for Baysungurov to roll over on his way to a world title shot & instead upset the odds. And as Bilbo says who has Moore fought to really compare with Bundrage's record? Also you have to take into account K-9 this year. He has beaten Ouma, and if you saw the fight with Brewer you would know it was not as simple as your standard loss. It was a split decision, and the knockdown that helped secure Brewer the win on 1 judges card looked a push to a lot of people. It was by no means a straight forward loss. In contrast this year Moore has won both fights, but in the first fought a fairly standard Mexican & in the second a guy with losing record. Ok I can accept part of this may be him not getting the fights he wants, but if he really wanted to further his case he could have chosen to fight someone like Gary Woolcombe or Bradley Pryce who pose a bit of a challenge instead

Exactly and its not even about who deserves it more, I have no problem with those who think Moore deserved a shot more than Bundrage seeing as he was coming off a loss.

My anger is at the things Steve Bunce was saying about Bundrage, it was the worst slating I think I've ever heard of a boxer by a tv commentator.

He completely belittled his fighting record, saying he had fought in every gym in America and been converted to Christianity in every gym across America, was a complete bum who had no skills, lost to a total 'dwaffer' (whatever the fuck that means) in Grady Brewer and had never beaten anybody in his entire career. He called him a Contender failure (he finished third the same as Alfonso Gomez and Sam Soliman) and said Moore would blow him away in 3 rounds.

It just really pissed me off that a reputable (supposedly) broadcaster could say that in public. If a forum member made those comments on here it's acceptable but don't disrespect a professional fighter like that on national tv just to prove a point, it's completely out of order.

The fact that he was completely and utterly wrong just highlights what a complete clueless tosser Bunce is.

Bundrage has had a great year, beating the former world champ and number 1 rated junior middle Kasim Ouma, losing a controversial split decision to Contender champ Grady Brewer and now knocking out a highly touted unbeaten title pretender this weekend.

I would love to see Steve Bunce point out what year it was that Jamie Moore had that was more successful than that.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And whilst I'm ranting he starting to do this all the time now.

Every week he goes on about what a quitter Tony Thompson was in the Klitschko fight again totally disrespectful of a good honest pro who didn't even turn pro until 30 years of age and has put together a great career in the circumstances travelling to fight other fighters in their back yards.

So he came up short against Wlad, so what he tried his best, and went 11 rounds against the worlds best heavyweight.

He had a rant about Buddy McGirt and then went on about how Arreola's physical condition was a disgrace and that he should have more discipline. He moaned that Rahman quit against Wlad and said D Hop should have pushed himself to his limits against Kendall Holt.

I think the last two comments are fair game but coming from a man whose fucking morbidly obese his admonishments and chastisings just come across as hypocritical bullshit

The best I can say about Steve Bunce is that he's making me appreciate Barry McGuigan

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bilbo you are exactly right his slating of Tony Thompson was so beyond ridiculous it is not funny. Don't know him personally but that's crazy talk how he can talk down so much on a fighter and so much on a country, the way he talks about American Heavyweights is ridiculous considering that of the last 10 really just awful terrible heavyweight fights, probably 5 of them have been fought by British fighters in Britain on TV. It's ridiculous and I can't stand to hear it. It makes that Hopkins clip of Hopkins flipping on him funnier. Going to guess that Bunce ran his mouth about Hopkins and Hopkins had seen it. Really the stuff is slander when he gets his mouth going.

That being said I'm not going to get up in arms about someone slating K9 Bundrage and I've only seen the Macklin fight but Moore seems to be an exciting fighter moreso then the very awkward Bundrage.

Thread Information