Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Ufc 145

Carnt believe no-one has mentioned this yet

I only caught this card last night, so thought I would put a mention on here.

Shame Mattboxingfan aint on here anymore as I have a huge slice of humble pie for him to eat. He was convinced Evans would destroy Jones in the main event, but us with true MMA knowledge knew he was wrong and Jones would prevail. To be fair to Evans he land more shots on Jones than any other opponent, so anyone who claims Jones aint got a chin, well I think he answered that one on Saturday night. What really suprised me was how little Evans went for takedowns. I guess he knew in his own heart Jones was the superior wrestler out of the two. Evans just looked to survive the last 3rds of the fight. Was really impressed with Jones' use of the elbows, those were some wicked shots Evans took. Jones's technique with them was sublime !

Problem Jones has now is who is the left to challenge him the LHW division, Hendo maybe?

On another note Rory McDonald looked absolutely devatating against the english lad Mills, this kid is the real deal and would seriously challenge GSP in a year or two. That would be interesting considering they fight outta the same gym!!
    Last edited by Mattyhitman; 04-24-2012 at 10:52 AM.
    Hidden Content SADDO'S FIGHT NIGHT RD4 CHAMPION, TAKING ON ALL COMERS ! Hidden Content

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Ufc 145

Other than the main event I wasn't real interested in this card and Jones won like I thought, although Rashad performed better than I expected. 146 is still interesting but the domino effect from Overeem's debacle has taken the shine off of it. Rory does look pretty stout right now.

Honestly the biggest news over the weekend in MMA was Eddie Alvarez redeeming himself against Aoki. UFC LW is already pretty stacked but adding that guy would make it nuts particularly with Melendez still in the wings
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by VictorCharlie View Post
    Other than the main event I wasn't real interested in this card and Jones won like I thought, although Rashad performed better than I expected. 146 is still interesting but the domino effect from Overeem's debacle has taken the shine off of it. Rory does look pretty stout right now.

Honestly the biggest news over the weekend in MMA was Eddie Alvarez redeeming himself against Aoki. UFC LW is already pretty stacked but adding that guy would make it nuts particularly with Melendez still in the wings
    Yea 146 is still the one for me. Albeit losing the Reem, it's still a stacked card and well worth the wait for me.
    here is an article with a responce from Reem over the drug issue:
    Alistair Overeem Statement | Addicted MMA | Mixed martial arts

It was hard not to laugh after reading it
    Hidden Content SADDO'S FIGHT NIGHT RD4 CHAMPION, TAKING ON ALL COMERS ! Hidden Content

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mattyhitman View Post

Shame Mattboxingfan aint on here anymore as I have a huge slice of humble pie for him to eat. He was convinced Evans would destroy Jones in the main event, but us with true MMA knowledge knew he was wrong and Jones would prevail. To be fair to Evans he land more shots on Jones than any other opponent, so anyone who claims Jones aint got a chin, well I think he answered that one on Saturday night. What really suprised me was how little Evans went for takedowns. I guess he knew in his own heart Jones was the superior wrestler out of the two. Evans just looked to survive the last 3rds of the fight. Was really impressed with Jones' use of the elbows, those were some wicked shots Evans took. Jones's technique with them was sublime !

Problem Jones has now is who is the left to challenge him the LHW division, Hendo maybe?

On another note Rory McDonald looked absolutely devatating against the english lad Mills, this kid is the real deal and would seriously challenge GSP in a year or two. That would be interesting considering they fight outta the same gym!!
    Michael McDonald also destroyed Miguel Torres and nearly got KO of the night again.

He's from the same gym I train at.

Good to see him sky rocketing to stardom in the UFC, he's gotta be top 5 in his division now.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattyhitman View Post

Michael McDonald also destroyed Miguel Torres and nearly got KO of the night again.

He's from the same gym I train at.

Good to see him sky rocketing to stardom in the UFC, he's gotta be top 5 in his division now.
    Yea McDonald put on a real good show, well impressed with him, Torres is well on the slide, but thats a great scalp for him to have on his record !

Thread Information