Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Broner - your views?

Just watched Broner against Rodriguez on Boxnation. Broner looks pretty good, very fast hands and puts his shots together well. He's still young and obviously just getting started and this showed. It was the first time I have seen him fight and he wasn't particularly tested, will be keeping an eye on him.

What's everyone else's opinions?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Broner - your views?

Quote Originally Posted by armyash View Post
    Just watched Broner against Rodriguez on Boxnation. Broner looks pretty good, very fast hands and puts his shots together well. He's still young and obviously just getting started and this showed. It was the first time I have seen him fight and he wasn't particularly tested, will be keeping an eye on him.

IMO as of right now he's a bit overrated, he has skills, speed, and power, but he's nowhere near as versatile as he's being made out to be, his stamina is iffy as shown against De Leon, and he's an annoying cocky little shit who I'd love to see get his ass kicked then have that damn hairbrush shoved up his ass

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah too early to say now if he's the real thing or not. arrogant isn't the word, definitely thinks he's gods gift.

Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah too early to say now if he's the real thing or not. arrogant isn't the word, definitely thinks he's gods gift.
    Seem's to have a lot of talent, but when he get's hit on that chin will he fall to bit's like a cheap suit.!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Definitely a talent and he can punch.

I expect he will grow into a world championship calibre fighter over the next couple years. I don't just mean the odd paper belt, I mean picking up a couple, maybe in a couple weight classes.

He will go as far as the likes of Bradley and Khan have gone I think and win a couple titles at least.

I don't go much on the De Leon fight being close, first Ponce is a world class fighter, and second Broner is still very young. He'll get better and he'll be tough to beat.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He has talent and will become world champion but he's not as good as I first thought he was and is being made out to be.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post

IMO as of right now he's a bit overrated, he has skills, speed, and power, but he's nowhere near as versatile as he's being made out to be, his stamina is iffy as shown against De Leon, and he's an annoying cocky little shit who I'd love to see get his ass kicked then have that damn hairbrush shoved up his ass
    Ditto.

He clearly lost to Ponce De Leon and got a gift and knew it by his reaction afterwards doin his little victory dance.

I think Broner is vastly overhyped by the HBO machine, that last little fella he beat was harmless and about like swatting a fly. No pop.

Broner isn't as talented as Devon Alexander in my opinion. And Devon isn't exactly a superstar. He's just a very good fighter.

So far Broner caught Jason Litzau cold and got a flashy KO. Thats all he's done.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post

Ditto.

He clearly lost to Ponce De Leon and got a gift and knew it by his reaction afterwards doin his little victory dance.

I think Broner is vastly overhyped by the HBO machine, that last little fella he beat was harmless and about like swatting a fly. No pop.

Broner isn't as talented as Devon Alexander in my opinion. And Devon isn't exactly a superstar. He's just a very good fighter.

So far Broner caught Jason Litzau cold and got a flashy KO. Thats all he's done.
    Sounds like good analysis' guys, i'll have to see more of his fights. Rodriguez didn't show us much. Mixed views on him so far.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The way he acts sometimes before his fights and after reminds me of a mini mayweather
    “Boxing is like jazz. The better it is, the less people appreciate it.”
    - George Foreman

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Maravilla2012 View Post
    The way he acts sometimes before his fights and after reminds me of a mini mayweather
    Thats what i was thinking watching him earlier, the way he was posing in front of the cameras, making sure his hair looks good and just generally admiring himself.

I doubt modesty is one of his characteristics.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Maravilla2012 View Post
    Thats what i was thinking watching him earlier, the way he was posing in front of the cameras, making sure his hair looks good and just generally admiring himself.

I doubt modesty is one of his characteristics.
    He seems to sometimes maybe try and imitate Mayweather while fighting also
    “Boxing is like jazz. The better it is, the less people appreciate it.”
    - George Foreman

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I couldn't have said it better, I can't wait until someone knocks this muther-fucker unconscious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

agree 100% with the analysis of the De Leon fight. Ponce De Leon should have gotten the win. But the surefire prospect got the benefit of the doubt.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Im not sold.. Pretty much agree with my boy Terrible..
    Dont get me wrong, he has skills with a style that's flashy but i smell a homeless man's version of Floyd.. a tool and a fraud. Time will tell but naw, I dont think he has it..

As a fighter, I put more stock into Eloy Perez.. His style has substance.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    Im not sold.. Pretty much agree with my boy Terrible..
    Dont get me wrong, he has skills with a style that's flashy but i smell a homeless man's version of Floyd.. a tool and a fraud. Time will tell but naw, I dont think he has it..

As a fighter, I put more stock into Eloy Perez.. His style has substance.
    I had Broner winning the DeLeon fight, but it wasn't pretty. He seems to have lapses, but he is definitely talented. He does mimic Mayweather's style.

He is in extremely tough in his next fight with Perez & if he fights like he did against DeLeon he'll be in trouble! This should be an outstanding fight & the winner definitely deserves credit as a top contender...
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Thread Information