Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CRO-COP MAY DECIDE TO GO TO THE UFC?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default CRO-COP MAY DECIDE TO GO TO THE UFC?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

there would be no competition for him there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: CRO-COP MAY DECIDE TO GO TO THE UFC?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

cro-cop would kick ass in ufc. I have very little respect for most ufc fighters. Cro cop would have to learn some ground skills, but it's not that hard.

Only competition would be if Fedor moved to UFC as well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cro Cop has all the groundskills he needs. He's lost ONE fight in his 27 MMA fights (only 4 losses and 2 draws of those) to a submission, and it was against arguably the greatest submission fighter in the game today (Noguiera). Fedor couldn't submit him, or TKO him, neither could Herring, Fujita (twice) or Barnett. This guy has THE greatest takedown defense I've ever seen, and when he DOES hit his back, he's no slouch either. His GnP is pretty damned effective too.

And in all honesty, what threat does he have on the ground in the UFC's heavyweight division?

If CC comes to the UFC, his only competition will be Sylvia. Sylvia's reach and takedown defense are pretty damned good. His boxing is pretty impressive too. I'd give it to CroCop, but I don't think it would be as one sided as everyone thinks. Other than that, he'd DESTROY Monson worse than Big Tim could dream of doing, and AA would be KTFOd early in the first round.

However, I don't think he'll be as effective overall as he was in Pride because of the UFC's cage (which will hurt him on the ground....being pressed up against the fence makes things a bit harder for the guy on the bottom) and the ban on "soccer kicks". However, I think the elbows will help him a lot.

Either way, if he DOES come the UFC, look for him to beat either an Ultimate Fighter slouch (most likely Jardine) or a can of some sort (Eilers, Gonzaga). They won't put him up against their up and coming stars (namely Vera and Kongo) because it can only be bad for the UFC (either an up and coming star or their biggest acquisition ever will lose, but I'm kinda banking on it being the former). Then he'll beat Big Tim, fight AA or Vera, then rematch Sylvia.
    Boxing is like a handjob, and MMA is like a hot sweaty orgy with 5 chicks. I could never say no to a handjob, but which would you rather have?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

agreed. nobody in the uFC can match up with him, but I doubt he'd just wakl through TS because he's so tall and has good reach and pretty good boxing skills. But my gut tells me that AA would have a better chance than TS only because I think AA would rise to the occasion. Not sure why I feel that way. Doesn't make sense, I know, but AA has an awesome right hand that can send anyone nighty night. TS just has Arlovski's number but he's still pretty damn tough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My thing is, I think AAs only weapon is his moderately good striking. I don't really feel he's beaten anyone too good though in his career, outside of Tim, and that was because Tim kinda panicked when he hit the canvas, not because he isn't a good ground fighter. If you use Cabbage as a basis for their striking ability (they both him, a guy with one of the hardest heads in MMA, essentially at the same time in Cabbage's career), I feel Tim fared a LOT better. I feel he did more damage to Cabbage than AA, who never had him in serious trouble, even when he "TKO"d him (which i felt was a bullshit call). In fact, AA actually almost at canvas at one point.

Basically, AA is a decent striker with no real ground game that we've seen. CC is the best striker in MMA today. AA has nothing to fall back on except dumb luck. At least Sylvia still has his massive reach, and a much better ground game/takedown D (in my opinion, at least, if for no other reason than his huge reach and long legs on the ground). The only way I can see AA winning is if CC falls victim to another knockout similar to his one against Randleman (his only KO loss in MMA). Sylvia, however, I can see winning a decision much more readily than AA can get his freak knockout.
    Boxing is like a handjob, and MMA is like a hot sweaty orgy with 5 chicks. I could never say no to a handjob, but which would you rather have?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cro-Corp has a glass chin. He outmatches anyone in skill but not otherwise in the chin area. I think people forget Michael MacDonald blowing him out in 50 seconds
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cro-cop would destroy anyone in the UFC period.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This Crocorp that fought McDonald?

[youtube=425,350]zdcToqGlBP0[/youtube]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think he was taken off guard by expecting a clinch. Also, wouldn't most agree that he's improved since then? And would most agree that McD and guys like Carter williams and Remy Bonjaski would also clean most of house in the UFC?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

bonjanski would DOMINATE in the ufc, but im not sure he knows how to fight on the ground, and his jumping kicks would put him at risk of hitting the floor and getting jumped on

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Von Milash
    I think he was taken off guard by expecting a clinch. Also, wouldn't most agree that he's improved since then? And would most agree that McD and guys like Carter williams and Remy Bonjaski would also clean most of house in the UFC?
    He may have improved but his chin hasn't. He still has all the skill but if his chin is clipped it may be over for him. He is the Wladimer Klitschko of mma

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I freakin hate Bonjasky...that guy is terrible. He would get DESTROYED in MMA...he's too....Fragile, is the best word I can think of. He's skilled, but he's build like a deck of cards, it seems.

And I wouldn't say CC has a glass jaw at all...its far more reliable than Arlovski's, if nothing else. I'd say he has an average jaw at best, where he will likely drop from a clean hard shot. He's certainly no Mark Hunt, but he isn't exactly a Jonathan Goulet.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

well if I'm honest MM isn't known as the best K1 has to offer. Shocking to see that clip when so many have built CC up so high HOWEVER IMO the level of striking and chin tends to be less in MMA than it is in stand up. I'm looking forward to seeing how he does.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It'll be interesting to see whether the UFC gives Cro Cop one fight then the title shot like they did with Anderson Silva (and Silva was in a division that arguably hsa much better talent than the heavyweights). My thoughts...Cro Cop vs. Frank Mir or Cheick Kongo in his first fight, then one more and he fights the winner of Silvia vs. Vera (anoyone else that deserves a title shot before him?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fedor is all PRIDE has, thats why Rampage and Cro cop are moving into the ufc because the mma fighters their are more well rounded. Either way it would be sweet if fedor comes to the ufc because even if you don't like it the ufc is up and becoming the place to be. Cro-cop is good no doubt but put him up against a fighter from the ufc like Diego Sanchez , 20-0 is his mma record. Im not impressed with Cro-cop at all. Silva can beat Cro-cop hands down. Their are so many good mma fighters that it is hard to have a favorate one but im going to have to go with these fighters as my all time most liked by me.

1. Without a doubt Fedor. (pride)
    2. Silva (ufc)
    3. Liddel (ufc)
    4. Diego Sanchez (ufc)

Thread Information