Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Proof why we should forget Mayweather ASAP.....

Share/Bookmark
    LouEVIL, Kentucky "birthplace of Cassius Clay"
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Proof why we should forget Mayweather ASAP.....

Ok, he is retired. So how long are you floyd nut huggers gonna be yakking about his greatness? Jesus christ, STFU! TBE? really? omg. I can't see how some of you are so fooled by that running, hugging, non-engaging, potshotting, elbowing, ref/judge buying fraud. His last opponent says everything. Why not Thurman, ggg, Garcia or Khan? Go out like a warrior! fucking Berto? I like Berto, but cmon man!

ok, so Floyd is very talented at defense and landing some good shots, but how many great fights has he been in out of 49 fights? he has damaged the sport in my opinion. Taking low risk fights at opportune times. Do YOURSELF a favor if you think I'm just a floyd hater. READ THIS BRILLIANT ARTICLE ON FLOYD. I didn't write it. But the facts are there if you would like the truth about the self proclaimed "Best Ever." It's time for us boxing fans to forget about this guy and move on to support some fighters who want to be a true warrior and give the fans what they want, a great fight. That is what a champion is!! The age of a boring few champions will hopefully be over soon!

I'd like to know what you think of this article...

THE TRUTH ABOUT FLOYD MAYWEATHER: The Boxing Tour de France - Boxing.com

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Proof why we should forget Mayweather ASAP.....

Let's forget about Floyd by starting new posts about him everyday! Haha!!!

You haters are complete morons!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

dude give it a rest already, plenty of GREAT fighters were boring as fuck, the fact is Floyd has literally fought everyone and is almost 40, and unlike Hopkins he didn't stay at ONE weightclass for more than half his career, and B-Hop is one of my favorite fighters, doesn't matter who he would fight, someone would throw in another guy who had no chance to beat him in there as the guy he avoided, fuck that shit, Floyd would beat Thurman, Khan, Alexander, Garcia, and everyone else the same way he easily beat Canelo, Pacquiao, and the other 42, cause the only 3 opponents that ever gave him a fight were Castillo, Cotto, and Maidana, give it a rest

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pretty dense post. In fact it's so ironic I wonder if it is intentional. Nobody could be so dumb on accident, right?

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by #1FightFan View Post
    Ok, he is retired. So how long are you floyd nut huggers gonna be yakking about his greatness? Jesus christ, STFU! TBE? really? omg. I can't see how some of you are so fooled by that running, hugging, non-engaging, potshotting, elbowing, ref/judge buying fraud. His last opponent says everything. Why not Thurman, ggg, Garcia or Khan? Go out like a warrior! fucking Berto? I like Berto, but cmon man!

ok, so Floyd is very talented at defense and landing some good shots, but how many great fights has he been in out of 49 fights? he has damaged the sport in my opinion. Taking low risk fights at opportune times. Do YOURSELF a favor if you think I'm just a floyd hater. READ THIS BRILLIANT ARTICLE ON FLOYD. I didn't write it. But the facts are there if you would like the truth about the self proclaimed "Best Ever." It's time for us boxing fans to forget about this guy and move on to support some fighters who want to be a true warrior and give the fans what they want, a great fight. That is what a champion is!! The age of a boring few champions will hopefully be over soon!

Agree!

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That person is entitled to their opinion. People need to stop with this "nuthugger" stuff. The 90's called and they want it back. It usually reduces anything that follows to noise. This is so because not everyone who appreciates Floyds prowess in the ring are blind to his failings. And if someone were to do a statistical comparison of thread numbers across the web started by his detractors vs his backers, I doubt it would be close. You see, the die-hard Floyd fans wont have to worry about Floyd ever being forgotten or whether or not he will be remembered in 50 years because its his detractors that will ensure that he wont be forgotten and will be remembered in 2065. The broad brush you use will ensure also that another segment of fans uses the same brush stroke.

This is a phone booth

This is a 20 foot boxing ring

I think its safe to say that in your world the roles would be reversed and that's fine. I love a good punch up and all out battles and heavy handed exchange rates.

But I also enjoy and perhaps more, the execution of the skills that make a boxer/counter puncher standout in a field of sluggers. There is a huge difference between "running" and use of the ring provided. Ring generalship actually means something. It seems to me that the confusion in this regard is held by those who watch to many phone-booth fights and believe that if a fight goes the distance then its a failure.

The object of the game is To Hit and Not Get Hit. Fighters don't take punches cause you or I think they should. Its up to the opponent to figure out the puzzle and get his licks in. Nobody has yet to produce any footage of the guy running and based on the non stop testimony there should be hours of it. Yes we all wish/wished he would have engaged more and I do think Hatton had to fight two men but that does not take away from how good the guy was and what he did accomplish.

Perhaps if Benitez chose not to engage so much he would have never been beaten and had a longer career maybe even beating Leonard. Perhaps Locche would have never lost to Cervantes.
    Last edited by IamInuit; 09-22-2015 at 02:28 AM.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by #1FightFan View Post

Agree!
    He's Back! welcome back BBB.

Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have already forgotten about him. Just hope he does not return.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information