Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Anyone seen Judah-Pineda?How did you have it?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Anyone seen Judah-Pineda?How did you have it?

I had it 114-113 for Pineda you know! I thought he outhustled and out worked Zab! In the end,it was a split decision but man,I think Pineda deserved that decision!

ICB Guest

Default Re: Anyone seen Judah-Pineda?How did you have it?

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    I had it 114-113 for Pineda you know! I thought he outhustled and out worked Zab! In the end,it was a split decision but man,I think Pineda deserved that decision!
    I had the same score i think Pineda was very unlucky.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Never seen that fight although I thought Zab was unlucky to lose to Cory Spinks first time around.

Certainly another 30 seconds and he would have won by KO.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had Pineda winning comfortably, Zab had a bad night and was not at all interested.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I forget exactly how I scored it, but Zab was an embarassment that night. One of the worst performances I've ever seen from a fighter.

Addicted to_boxing Guest

Quote Originally Posted by THE THIRD MAN
    I had Pineda winning comfortably, Zab had a bad night and was not at all interested.
    And this is the guy (Zab) that many in here use to justify as a great risk in PBF's career. I eagerly await Hattons fate in 2008, I anticipate that his best days are behind him (over rated big time). An over aged semiretired fishnet wearing ODLH gave PBF all he could handle. So may I never come across Judah as a postive to amplify a boxers career.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Addicted to_boxing
    And this is the guy (Zab) that many in here use to justify as a great risk in PBF's career. I eagerly await Hattons fate in 2008, I anticipate that his best days are behind him (over rated big time). An over aged semiretired fishnet wearing ODLH gave PBF all he could handle. So may I never come across Judah as a postive to amplify a boxers career.
    Zab has always fought to the level of his competition. When he has a fight against someone who's not a big name (Pineda, Baldomir) he shows up unmotivated and in less-than stellar shape. When he has a fight against a legit opponent (Spinks, Floyd, Cotto), he shows up motivated and in great shape. That's why a fighter like Zab can look awful against someone like Pineda, yet still be a risky opponent for someone like Cotto or Mayweather.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yep, I thought Pineda beat Zab.

From memory wasn't that Zab's first fight at 147?

And, Addicted to Boxing:-

I'm a 'hater' when it comes to Zab - I've never had any time for him, and I agree he will never be an elite level fighter, but he is still a stern test for people he fights. His power and speed ensure that.

Remember he KO'd Spinks, something Jermain Taylor couldn't manage two weight classes higher, and posed problems for future hall of famers in Floyd, Cotto and Tszyu early in his fights with them.

Zab is a gatekeeper. He never beats elite guys, but they know they've been in a fight with him.

And how do you start talking about Ricky Hatton in a thread about Pineda and Judah - Hatton never fought either of those guys, so put the joint down and make some coffee.
    "I take good care of my people. I like to inflict permanent psychological damage."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I do think Zab barely edged it but he did just enough to get the win imo. Zab has looked bad against guys like Pineda, Corley, and Baldomir not because he has off nights a lot but because he isnt much better than those guys if at all. Judah is a better than average fighter with great skills and a poor mentality who can be beaten by an average fighter with average skills and a good mentality on any given night.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greig

I'm a 'hater' when it comes to Zab - I've never had any time for him, and I agree he will never be an elite level fighter, but he is still a stern test for people he fights. His power and speed ensure that.

Remember he KO'd Spinks, something Jermain Taylor couldn't manage two weight classes higher, and posed problems for future hall of famers in Floyd, Cotto and Tszyu early in his fights with them.

yea i must agree with everything you said, but for some reason i still like zab judah.

zab the guy to beat when it comes to stardom. you beat him you will probably be placed in the top ten of the division.

hopefully he can just get his mid straight and start fighting like a man.

i think zab can be a elite fighter if he changes his strategy, instead of fighting so fierce in the beginning o the fight maybe he should switch it up and become a late starter in fights, save energy and try to step it up later in the fight cause hes been very competitive in teh beginning of the fights but fade into a guy who barely punches in later round.

Zab is a gatekeeper. He never beats elite guys, but they know they've been in a fight with him.

And how do you start talking about Ricky Hatton in a thread about Pineda and Judah - Hatton never fought either of those guys, so put the joint down and make some coffee.
    mind over speed and power

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Do you know anything about boxing?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth
    Do you know anything about boxing?
    Just because he is questioning Judah's legacy,you are asking him if he knows about boxing?A bit harsh aeth,especially considering some of the things you've posted in your time here

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea
    I forget exactly how I scored it, but Zab was an embarassment that night. One of the worst performances I've ever seen from a fighter.
    Ditto. It was ABSOLUTELY horrible. Even when he kncoked Pineda down,it was horrible,wild swinging,almost club fighter like but with LOTS of speed.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea
    Zab has always fought to the level of his competition. When he has a fight against someone who's not a big name (Pineda, Baldomir) he shows up unmotivated and in less-than stellar shape. When he has a fight against a legit opponent (Spinks, Floyd, Cotto), he shows up motivated and in great shape. That's why a fighter like Zab can look awful against someone like Pineda, yet still be a risky opponent for someone like Cotto or Mayweather.
    Interesting points and they make sense.

Addicted to_boxing Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Greig

What can I say you have me laughing my @ss off ........

Thread Information